Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Duder84

Equipment Modifications

I just got the Avision Elite mask... switching over from a cage. I get the same shimmery watery look knobdy gets after skating really hard. it goes away once you hit the ice. I have noticed that at the end of the game, there is condensation in the bottom bars but none really in the mask.

Overall, I really like the vision over a cage but it does seem warmer on the bench. on the ice, it really doesn't seem that much different in terms of air flow than my cages.

I'm going to try the no sweat pads too for my e600 helmet since I've noticed a bit more sweat build up with the mask to see if it helps with the shimmery build up.

So I'm using a pair of the Bauer Classic shoulder pads since I'm in beer league and just want a bit of protection over my shoulders (separated one a couple of years ago, so no fun). My problem with them is that they are hotter than hell... Anyone have any suggestions as to something I can do that will help with the heat?

Small CCM Crazy Light shoulder pads with medium U+ 08 shoulder caps and a removable extended spine protector!

3Q8qsFb.jpg

qznvqrL.jpg

• Like 4

It looks like the spine pad off of a pair of CCM pants.

0cf2a1548c7caeea095749b71e42f76422af0e5d

I wear a Supreme girdle and the spine protection is a bit... lacking. So, hopefully this extended piece will cover the gap in between the shoulder pads and girdle:

4H0dWFi.jpg

Edited by mc88
  • Like 4

Very nice! I ended up selling my CL shoulders because I didn't like the bulging sternum and spine guards, the RBZ130 turned out to be as protective but sleeker.

mc88, or anyone else for that matter. Is there a reason why you went with the U+08 shoulder caps? Lower profile? Thinking I might want to do the same with mine. I have a pair of CL's right now but the caps seem a bit big on me.

Small CCM Crazy Light shoulder pads with medium U+ 08 shoulder caps and a removable extended spine protector!

Lower profile and better mobility, the caps (U+12 in my case) slide under the clavicle guards easier than the stock foam ones.

mc88, or anyone else for that matter. Is there a reason why you went with the U+08 shoulder caps? Lower profile? Thinking I might want to do the same with mine. I have a pair of CL's right now but the caps seem a bit big on me.

The CL U+ foams didn't sit right on my shoulders, they're super small, and from my experience have poor impact dispersion. If you look at John Tavares trying them on for the first time, he immediately starts fiddling with the caps because of how they sit on the shoulder (@ 37 second mark):

The way they made the caps/strapping system allows the cap to be caught/snagged and pushed up to the top of the shoulder. If you get hit from the side, the shoulder cap just pushes up on to the top of shoulder leaving the shoulder partially exposed. I think that was a main contributor for why and how I got my AC joint separation injury.

What you don't see in the pictures above is that the U+08s bicep guards are attached to the shoulder caps in a way that doesn't allow them to move up too much! The bicep guard is also strapped in place from the inside, so stays overlapped underneath the shoulder cap.

Edited by mc88

Super simple add-on/mod that will HOPEFULLY rid me of ever having to use a skull cap again (½" Thin Blue Sham Sweatband velcro'd to the helmet's VN liner):

6qpKQHt.jpg

DP99rR4.jpg

KriBnmy.jpg

Reminds me of the Mission Inhaler helmet. I can say that system worked well for me and hopefully this works just as good, or better, for you.

Edited by Tyler Roy

Reminds me of the Mission Inhaler helmet. I can say that system worked well for me and hopefully this works just as good, or better, for you.

So far, it's holding up really well and haven't had any sweat in my eyes yet. However, I hesitate to say it's 100% good to go until I play in at least one game.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/IMG_20150513_180338_zps4vrepogz.jpg

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/Kent_Sloan/20150513_122706_zpsngwho2xr.jpg

I know I already posted my new shoulder pads off in the "Show It Off" thread, but I never explained what mods I made to them...

Took the caps off my Bauer Nexus 600 shoulders, replaced them with CCM U+04 caps, had a Cramer OSI pad sewn into the back for extra protection (pucks to the shoulder hurt!), and had a Lokomotiv Yaroslavl patch sewn on to it. I wanted to pay tribute to the 2011-12 team... Oh, and all the Sharpie writing, for cosmetic purposes, of course. :tongue:

• Like 1

Has anyone sent their skates to TSR for tongue replacements? If so what has been your experience?

I'm sure they do a very good job as they are/ were one of the go to repair shops for Bauer, IIRC.

The price I was quoted a couple years ago was enough to motivate me to do it myself. I've done about 12 pairs since then . Take a look at the tongue replacement threads, it may be something you want to do yourself.

• Like 1

Odd question - bud anyone know how to keep bangs back? They sit right on my forehead and soak up the sweat - I'd rather be able to pull them back (like a comb over) but I don't sweat enough for it to stick.