Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

No, Peaches charge is $50 for the pair, for Digi.

Thanks man, that's fantastic. I assumed it was 40 a hand, my LHS' charge 90 to repalm a pair so I just kinda went with that.

Fix it by mail still has MSH2. I just sent a pair out earlier this week, can't wait to get them back.

I know its been said before, but these gloves people are showing pics in this thread, look way cleaner in regards to stitching compared to my FIBM re-palming job I had??????

I would use peaches or Georges!!!!!

Can you say Butcher Job!

Trust me!

I know its been said before, but these gloves people are showing pics in this thread, look way cleaner in regards to stitching compared to my FIBM re-palming job I had??????

Can you say Butcher Job!

Trust me!

I know its risky, but I got a pair done by FIBM 2 years ago and there wasnt a single thing wrong with them. Couldn't pass up a chance at MSH2.

Can you say Butcher Job!

Trust me!

Could be that since you bugged them so much that they rushed the job and sent them back. That said, Peaches is the only place I send my gloves for work.

I haven't used Peaches or FIBM before, but I will say that Georges work is immaculate. I had two pairs of gloves repalmed. Both had stretch gussets, which can be a pain to work with and the gloves look like they came from the factory. Canadians beware though. Georges ships with UPS and I was charged a significant duty charge even though my gloves were used. I absolutely HATE UPS! I had a used Synergy SL that was purchased on ebay and shipped by them and they charged me about $25 dollars for a stick I paid $90 for and then they came back to me later with an invoice for an extra $50. All for a used stick. Are they insane! Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to derive from the current discussion, but I have another palm-related question:

I have this pair of S17s and stock Atacama Pittards leather palms. They are what you expect of leather: thick(but durable for sure), crusty when dried after games, smelly...?

I also have an odor problem with the gloves and I was wondering if replacing the Atacama with stuff like MSH2 will correct it?

Could be that since you bugged them so much that they rushed the job and sent them back. That said, Peaches is the only place I send my gloves for work.

I certainly hope not......as I didnt start "bugging" them until weeks went by literally....weeks???

They didn't forget to charge me more than what was quoted though???? huh?

I sent a pair of Warrior's to HOCKEYREPAIR.COM for some new palms about 2 years ago. recently the stitching in the thumb came out, i called them up and sent the glove back, repaired for free and shipped back for free in about 2 days. Very nice guys.

Have you tried Done Right sports repair? Or Breakaway sports repair?

I called Done Right Sports, no luck there. Will try Breakaway sports next

I'm a little paranoid since you said that now. I'm talking details for some work to Peaches to be done in the summer. Does repalming 2 pairs of gloves and shortening one of the cuffs seem unreasonable for the time-span of a week? He said it would be fine, but the last thing I want is for the job to be rushed or anything like that.

I'm a little paranoid since you said that now. I'm talking details for some work to Peaches to be done in the summer. Does repalming 2 pairs of gloves and shortening one of the cuffs seem unreasonable for the time-span of a week? He said it would be fine, but the last thing I want is for the job to be rushed or anything like that.

I was referring to FIBM in the first part of my post, not Peaches.

Peaches will not disappoint you; you need not worry. Professional quality at its highest.

For those that have used Peaches digital palms; what is the durability like on them? My X88's have a hole in the MSH2 on my top hand, and since MSH2 is becoming hard-to-get, I've toyed with getting digital on them. My concern though is how do they hold up for a top hand? The digital palms on my Mission's are pretty thin and seem like they would get ripped up in no time.

For those that have used Peaches digital palms; what is the durability like on them? My X88's have a hole in the MSH2 on my top hand, and since MSH2 is becoming hard-to-get, I've toyed with getting digital on them. My concern though is how do they hold up for a top hand? The digital palms on my Mission's are pretty thin and seem like they would get ripped up in no time.

@Hattrick

I have a few different pairs done with Peaches digital. I don't know if there are different grades of digi, but the variety Peaches uses is very soft and extremely durable. It's almost what I would call plush on the inside. That said, I was curious about the durability myself when I got my first pair done. The pair of gloves I wear most often have held up exceptionally well. I will PM you pics, or post some pics in this thread later this weekend. The only 'damage' is some discoloring from red powerflex tape, that is it, and that's nothing. The palms have taken some serious abuse, but you'd never know it. Even when they dry, they have been drying soft. I would imagine everyone's experience will be slightly different: what tape you use, how you dry them, etc., but I have nothing but positive stuff to say about the durability.

Again, everything comes down to personal preference, and I posted in one of the other 'palm choice' threads awhile back my love for digital. IMO, it's the most responsive and true palm, and I've tried just about everything.

Your Mission's might not be true digital; may be synthetic from China.

One thing to remember with digital; it is a natural hide, so, the thickness may vary from hide to hide, palm to palm, inch to inch.

Why do they call it "digital"? I refuse to believe it's from fingers.

@Hattrick

I have a few different pairs done with Peaches digital. I don't know if there are different grades of digi, but the variety Peaches uses is very soft and extremely durable. It's almost what I would call plush on the inside. That said, I was curious about the durability myself when I got my first pair done. The pair of gloves I wear most often have held up exceptionally well. I will PM you pics, or post some pics in this thread later this weekend. The only 'damage' is some discoloring from red powerflex tape, that is it, and that's nothing. The palms have taken some serious abuse, but you'd never know it. Even when they dry, they have been drying soft. I would imagine everyone's experience will be slightly different: what tape you use, how you dry them, etc., but I have nothing but positive stuff to say about the durability.

Again, everything comes down to personal preference, and I posted in one of the other 'palm choice' threads awhile back my love for digital. IMO, it's the most responsive and true palm, and I've tried just about everything.

Sure, I'd be interested in seeing those pics. Thanks for the information, that's good stuff to hear. My Mission's only have digital on the lower hand, and it's holding up well apart from the palm being worn a bit in the high wear areas.

Your Mission's might not be true digital; may be synthetic from China.

One thing to remember with digital; it is a natural hide, so, the thickness may vary from hide to hide, palm to palm, inch to inch.

I'm not sure how I would tell. They are pro stock Mission's, whether or not that has anything to do with it. I wouldn't have guessed that digital is a natural hide; the dimples in the material made me think it was man-made. Regardless, mine is thin, very soft, and slightly grippy. Here is a pic:

IMG_20100830_174548.jpg

I called Done Right Sports, no luck there. Will try Breakaway sports next

I actually talked to Gus (the owner of Breakaway) tonight while I was getting my skates sharpened. He said he doesn't have access to MSH2, but has pretty much every other option.

So I'm guessing that MSH2 is nearly impossible to find? I really would like to get my custom x72's repalmed with MSH2...but judging by this thread it doesn't look like it can get done?

Anyone have any alternate materials for my palms? Preferably as close to MSH2 as possible.

Eagle will repalm Eagle gloves with MSH2 and I've heard that they do nice work. shoot them an email.

Just got 3 pair from Fix It By Mail...Not Eagle branded, but feels like the real deal...

Eagle will repalm Eagle gloves with MSH2 and I've heard that they do nice work. shoot them an email.

Only warranty work being done there! Its been mentioned a few times, in different threads.... :laugh::biggrin::blink:

I don't recall anybody saying that Eagle only repalmed with MSH2 if it was warranty related. not saying they didn't just saying I didn't get that impression from the guys who talked about it. email them anyway, what's the worst they can say?