Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

3 pairs of gloves or is it the name?

Ordered just the palms...(George's here in MN is putting them on) palms are not branded "Eagle"...

so i emailed eagle last night,and got a reply first thing in the morning.

Lori at eagle hockey (wanted pics of my gloves, palms and gussets, although i told her specifically what i had)

gave me a break down. She indicated that they do re-palming at their facilities.

Break down of cost was...for what I assume is MSH2 palms

Both gloves repalmed $45.00

One glove repalmed $22.50

Gussets $10.00 for both hands

Also, owner of gloves needs to pay cost of shipping both ways. Contacting them will result in a form being sent your way for necessary info.

Apparently if you live in the States, you need to provide your Social Security #.

As it is explained in the email, and I quote:

"...when we ship to any of our U.S. customers, we use a Customs Broker to clear the packages through Customs. Unfortunately, under Customs regulations, they must have all Social Security #'s when shipping to a residential address. We have absolutely no control over this whatsoever. Another option we can provide would be if you have a business address that you would like us to use. This way, we can get out of taking your Social Security #, and would require a Federal Tax ID# for your business instead."

Seems kind of like a hassle...but it doesn't affect me.

I'll keep you guys posted on the quality of the work when I get em back.

Ordered just the palms...(George's here in MN is putting them on) palms are not branded "Eagle"...

interesting. when you ordered just the palms did you order them as MSH2? might go this route since I'm about to send a pair of MIAs up to George's to be replamed with mustang palms I got direct from Warrior and have some other gloves I'd also like to repalm.

interesting. when you ordered just the palms did you order them as MSH2? might go this route since I'm about to send a pair of MIAs up to George's to be replamed with mustang palms I got direct from Warrior and have some other gloves I'd also like to repalm.

Yep, specifically asked for MSH2...just assumed they were from Eagle. But like I said, not branded "Eagle"..George's is doing a bunch of customization on my Eagles. I'll post pics when I get them back.

so i emailed eagle last night,and got a reply first thing in the morning.

Lori at eagle hockey (wanted pics of my gloves, palms and gussets, although i told her specifically what i had)

gave me a break down. She indicated that they do re-palming at their facilities.

Break down of cost was...for what I assume is MSH2 palms

Both gloves repalmed $45.00

One glove repalmed $22.50

Gussets $10.00 for both hands

Also, owner of gloves needs to pay cost of shipping both ways. Contacting them will result in a form being sent your way for necessary info.

Apparently if you live in the States, you need to provide your Social Security #.

As it is explained in the email, and I quote:

"...when we ship to any of our U.S. customers, we use a Customs Broker to clear the packages through Customs. Unfortunately, under Customs regulations, they must have all Social Security #'s when shipping to a residential address. We have absolutely no control over this whatsoever. Another option we can provide would be if you have a business address that you would like us to use. This way, we can get out of taking your Social Security #, and would require a Federal Tax ID# for your business instead."

Seems kind of like a hassle...but it doesn't affect me.

I'll keep you guys posted on the quality of the work when I get em back.

Send them to me! Im about an hour away from Eagle....and I will send them back to you after re-palming? Just trying to help, and would love to set up a person in the states, that would do the same for me? Plus I would never give out my SIN or SSN, to get gloves re-palmed! LOL Cheers!

Also I was told...by Laurie, that they are only doing warranty work on gloves a year ago, when I sent my gloves off to FIBM.....?????

Send them to me! Im about an hour away from Eagle....and I will send them back to you after re-palming? Just trying to help, and would love to set up a person in the states, that would do the same for me? Plus I would never give out my SIN or SSN, to get gloves re-palmed! LOL Cheers!

Also I was told...by Laurie, that they are only doing warranty work on gloves a year ago, when I sent my gloves off to FIBM.....?????

hah thanks for the help but I live in Canada so it's not an issue for me. I was merely pointing it out for our American friends.

I wonder if they are doing re-palms now because they will no longer distribute their palms? Either way it was fast communication with Lori at Eagle. I'll be sending out my gloves near the end of the week.

So got my mitts back middle of last week via FED EX. Ended up costing me $51 for re-palming and return shipping.

Have to say I am pleased with the result, and aside from wear, my gloves are like brand new.

They also came back smelling like baby powder.

So got my mitts back middle of last week via FED EX. Ended up costing me $51 for re-palming and return shipping.

Have to say I am pleased with the result, and aside from wear, my gloves are like brand new.

They also came back smelling like baby powder.

WHat palm and what service?

just got my most recent work back from George's:

IMG_0524.jpg

ordered the mustang palms from Warrior Joe. had to guess as to the size. looks like I guessed right. :)

IMG_0523.jpg

bought these off of Ebay. palms were a bit crusty (shaving cream only helped a little) so I found another model for cheap on Ebay brand new. had George's swap the palms from one glove to the other.

incredible work all around. :)

just got my most recent work back from George's:

ordered the mustang palms from Warrior Joe. had to guess as to the size. looks like I guessed right. :)

bought these off of Ebay. palms were a bit crusty (shaving cream only helped a little) so I found another model for cheap on Ebay brand new. had George's swap the palms from one glove to the other.

incredible work all around. :)

+1 Looks fantastic

Random question, could you swap the palms between two gloves? Lets say i have a pair of eagles with MSH2 and i want to put them on my new four rolls. Could you swap the palms to put the MSH2 on the Eastons and the clarino on the Eagles?

Random question, could you swap the palms between two gloves? Lets say i have a pair of eagles with MSH2 and i want to put them on my new four rolls. Could you swap the palms to put the MSH2 on the Eastons and the clarino on the Eagles?

Easily done if you go with Peaches.

if you look 4 posts above yours you'll see that I did that with the Stars & Stripes Eagles. George's did the work for me. they called before starting the work and explained that, because there was no "extra material" to work with as there would be on a new set of palms that it might make the palms a little bit tighter. after getting them back I can say if they are tighter than it's just a little bit because I can't tell the difference.

Peaches would certainly do that for you, he's really great about it and even ask you if you want your eagles repalmed or you can just send them to eagle for that too, works well. Georges are great, do fantastic work too but Peaches really struck my heart, that man not only did a good job but he freakin calls you himself and makes sure he gets it right and that you like it too.