Photo

Back Brace for under Hockey Gear

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reaper

Reaper
  • Members+
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

I remember seeing a hockey shirt with back bracing in it online but I can't remember where. Does anyone know about this shirt?

The reason I'm asking is that we have a guy on our team who refuses to wear his back brace because he took some pretty harsh ribbing about "wearing a girdle." Unfortunately, he'll play a game and then miss the next two because of his back.

I seem to remember one of the selling points of the shirt being the fact that the bracing was hidden in the shirt. I think it could be a solution for him but for the life of me I can't remember the details about it.

Thanks in advance.
I'll use medical terms here. I believe the "beans" go in the bulges on the sides, and the "frank" is positioned either upwards or downwards.

Special thanks to Drewhunz for providing me with a top notch quote for my signature.

#2 JR Boucicaut

JR Boucicaut
  • Mods

• 29,681 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

Armadillos?

Haven't seen one of those in YEARS...if you find one, let me know!

#3 driz86

driz86
  • Members+
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

my dad tried to get me to wear one in peewees and I laughed in his face, apparently it was for preventative measures. but if he's afraid of getting made fun of then I don't know. ask dr phil

#4 Steveo

Steveo
  • Members+
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

My wifes uncle was actually trying to break into the NHL with a new design for these. It was a very similar design to what Equestrian and supercross riders where under their gear......last I heard Darcy Tucker was testing it out but that was during the 03/04 season