Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forbs02

Bake Times

does the time really matter?

Yes.

ok, why?

My LHS had my Vector's in their for 20 minutes, although I am not certain the oven was up to temp when they put them in. It certainly wasn't an exact process by any stretch.

When you say 3 or 2 minuntes is that in a normal oven at 175 or what is this for people at the hockey shop to read?? i am buying one90's and was wondering if i could just do it at home?

not enough heat/time won't mold the skates properly, as not all of the heat moldable material in the skate will soften.

too much heat or time will övercook" those components, resulting in possible premature breakdown or lack of support.

When you say 3 or 2 minuntes is that in a normal oven at 175 or what is this for people at the hockey shop to read?? i am buying one90's and was wondering if i could just do it at home?

You're spending over $500 on skates and you're going to risk ruining them over a $25 baking fee?

$25 Bucks? You Really Charge that? jinkees are we underpriced, Most I've EVER charged was $5, most of the time Pro Bono. But then again, we're just a Rink with no proshop, and we don't get much baking traffic anyway.

How about the new gloves, Goalie/player that are heat moldable? What are the recommendations on those?

$25 Bucks? You Really Charge that? jinkees are we underpriced, Most I've EVER charged was $5, most of the time Pro Bono. But then again, we're just a Rink with no proshop, and we don't get much baking traffic anyway.

You have to pay for that $1000 oven somehow. Add that $25 to the $10 for the first sharpening and all of a sudden that online deal isn't as good anymore.

Being a County Facility, has it's perks I guess. Gotta love that yearly budget renewal halfway through the hockey season.

You have to pay for that $1000 oven somehow. Add that $25 to the $10 for the first sharpening and all of a sudden that online deal isn't as good anymore.

$25 isn't the worst I've seen, but honestly that and $10 first sharpening might be enough to send me elsewhere... I shop both online and in store (mostly sticks & tape in store, but I've bought gloves, protective & skates in store too). Why push that business away for 15 minutes of baking & cooling time?

On principle.

Frankly, if every LHS in a given city just agreed that an unsharpened, unbaked skate was an 'online buy' and charged a flat $40-$60 rate for full service on the pair (bake, punch, stretch, radius, sharpen), fewer people would buy online, and more local shops would do more business. Sure, the bigtime online blowout deals can't be beat, but paying $50 less for your L5s online is something that should be driven from the sport.

On a mini side note...does size matter, not in that sense, but skates. I have a pair of child size 2 ish grafs to bake tonight, just checking to see if I should reduce the time or anything, or should 4-6 minutes suffice?

The mods are probably going to get on us because this is not a how to thread. But.......

I just use a heat gun and an infrared thermometer, as soon as the skates reach 175 I do my best to maintain it for the alotted time. Done.

Hasn't failed me yet. With 4 kids and alot of hockey I have to buy closeout online. I cannot afford the 650 on a new pair.

How about the new gloves, Goalie/player that are heat moldable? What are the recommendations on those?

We charge $10.00 and one LHS about an hour away charges $40.00

Can we update this list to include the new models?

One95/75, Player and Goal. (I did find that JR suggested one skate at a time. but not time length)

U+

S15

Grafs http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...c=34972&hl= Is this true for all models?

New RBK models

New Mission Fuels

I also am curious as to what the suggested baking time is for the One95s.

I have a pair on the way and seeing as the LHS that I'll bake them at doesn't have them, I'd like to make sure they know what the proper baking time is and don't just do them 3 mins like the One90s if in fact they have different times.

I'm just amazed at how these ovens can be worth $1k

I believe it's because they are convection ovens, which cost more. Also, they are extremely specialized and specialized stuff always costs more because they can't spread the costs out over a million units.

i recommend not baking the new eastons, specifically the S15s. It takes a little longer to break them in the old fashioned way but IMO the baking process just makes them even less durable.

And on a side note, never bake Bauer Enforcers. The things turned to butter in about a minute

Looked through this thread but couldn't find it - Does anyone have baking instructions for S15's? Mine didn't come with baking instructions and my LHS doesn't sell Easton's so I want to make sure I know the details before I go.

Thanks.