Photo

Mirrored Oakley Visor...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 ItsAWar

ItsAWar
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:16 AM

I'm sure it has already been discussed before but i'm curious to know if anyone has any idea if the mirrored model will be released or if i should just go ahead and get the smoked model. Appreciate it.

#2 willcarlson

willcarlson
  • Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:49 AM

itech came out with a mirrored model. they sell it at epuck

epuck

my friend has it and it looks really dank. but he gets made fun of for trying to look like ovechkin. my opinion stick with a clear or tinted grey one. i have a tinted grey one/smoked one and its pretty tight i will see if i can get a pic of it on my helmet for you.

#3 willcarlson

willcarlson
  • Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

my bad. i dident see that you said oaklay visor. i dont think they have one out yet. but i have a tinted grey oaklay/smoked oaklay it's tight. i would go with that one.

#4 dieselbro

dieselbro
  • Members+
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:37 PM

could you post some pics of what it looks like? just cuz I also am in the market for a visor.

as for the release of a mirrored model, I dont know, I always thought that the smoked one was considered mirrored
"Whats in the car?"
"Seats and a steering wheel"

#5 shnuggs

shnuggs
  • Members+
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

Isnt Ovechkins visor partially smoked and partially mirrored? Probably custom made for him by oakley maybe?
Ben

#6 willcarlson

willcarlson
  • Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

i will post some pics later on today.

#7 chk hrd

chk hrd
  • Members+
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

Isnt Ovechkins visor partially smoked and partially mirrored? Probably custom made for him by oakley maybe?

ino it's slightly mirrored. It looks more tinted than mirror in different light conditions.

#8 markthedeadhead

markthedeadhead
  • Members+
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

Some rinks are brighter than others, so he probably uses a different visor depending on the arena's lights.

#9 DeI 18

DeI 18
  • Members+
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

ino it's slightly mirrored. It looks more tinted than mirror in different light conditions.

Ovechkin's visor is black iridium. It was posted on here a while back in a different thread...
I can't tell if you're laughing, between each smile there's a tear in your eye. There's a train leaving town in an hour, it's not waiting for you, and neither am I

#10 CardinalHcky19

CardinalHcky19
  • Members+
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

boy i do love that mirrored visor

i want to get one
Hockey, it's more than a game, it's a way of life.

#11 Blackthidot

Blackthidot
  • Members+
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:40 AM

It seems like everyone who uses that mirrored visor that is not a pro plays liek a complete moron.

#12 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,412 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

It seems like everyone who uses that mirrored visor that is not a pro plays liek a complete moron.

I actually joked with a guy I know when he bought his. "You're not a douchebag, why are you buying this?" A couple weeks later he was back buying a clear one because he noticed that everyone else with a mirrored one was an asshole and people were treating him like one.
"Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
George Bernard Shaw

#13 Blackthidot

Blackthidot
  • Members+
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

You would not believe what that thing does to peoples hockey game when they get that thing. Well I guess you know. Guys who wear it are all D league players talking about yeah I can play A league, or guys who only played pick up saying if I get a slap shot off there is no way the goalie is stopping it. I have played with 3 guys who had that thing...Can we write to Itech and tell them to stop...PLEASE?

#14 jrhky36

jrhky36
  • Members+
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

if oakley made an iridium visor it would cost well over a $100. just look at the cost of their sunglasses with iridium lenses and that is only a small piece of plastic.
their the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucker. Homer Simpson. but my thoughts on the det lions

#15 kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71
  • Members++
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

What exactly is iridium?
**NEW YORK GIANTS-SUPER BOWL XLII CHAMPIONS**
"Once I asked a salesperson for advice on cuff/no cuff and they went into a diatribe of semantics, then told me to just use a Drury pattern." -Mack

#16 DeI 18

DeI 18
  • Members+
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:23 PM

What exactly is iridium?

It's the material Oakley uses to make lenses. I believe that it was created by Oakley, and is a special word for "shiny plastic" ;)
I can't tell if you're laughing, between each smile there's a tear in your eye. There's a train leaving town in an hour, it's not waiting for you, and neither am I

#17 Drewhunz

Drewhunz
  • Members+

• 3,036 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

What exactly is iridium?

A rare earth element with properties similar to platinum.
Iridium
Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.
-Walter Sobchak

#18 nyr4life

nyr4life
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

ive seen a mirrored visor on ebay once.....maybe another we'll pop up

#19 skatedoctor

skatedoctor
  • Members+
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

Im not sure what rules you guys in america and canada abide by.

But the new IIHF 2006-2010 rulebook has been released, and a new ruling is that no mirrored, coloured and tinted visors are not allowed!

Edited by skatedoctor, 06 July 2006 - 05:19 PM.

Do you know what it means when you hit the post?...

You missed the net.!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 TML4LIFE

TML4LIFE
  • Members+
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:41 PM

I actually joked with a guy I know when he bought his. "You're not a douchebag, why are you buying this?" A couple weeks later he was back buying a clear one because he noticed that everyone else with a mirrored one was an asshole and people were treating him like one.

Thats hilarious..

#21 jcp2

jcp2
  • Members+

• 412 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

Thats hilarious..

What about a blue visor? Somebody in my beer league wears one. I keep on imagining underwater hockey whenever I play against him.
Trust, but verify.