Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Post Your Team's Jersey(s) Thread

How are your sublimated socks holding up? We got some from Athletic Knit and they're not holding up very well. Some people had big marks on there's after the first game. Pretty much everybody gave up on them after a few games.

Sublimation is permanent. It can only be done on polyester, as the dye particles (ink) are changed into gas using heat and pressure, then bond with any polymers present, and change back into a solid.

Under normal usage, it won't fade, crack, or peel. The only time we see some fade is when left out under UV rays for extended periods of time (usually a couple of years).

Currently, we mainly do jerseys, but, we also print onto aluminum that is coil coated, which has polymers in the paint.

After finishing high school chemistry, I actually understand what you're saying LOL So does that mean sublimation is a pricier option?

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff488/Vinny_83/D12h20027.jpg

Our black uniform.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff488/Vinny_83/V12h00101.jpg

Our orange ones.

I just want to make something clear, I'm not in jail. I work in one and we have a provincial tournament for prison guard. Prison guards from all over Quebec come there in a big 4 classes tournament. So we had to get new shirts 3 years ago so we found the idea to copy the patern of the orange uniform that they gives to prisoners in Ontario and in some prison in the US. All the teams there liked our idea and now, we are two teams rocking orange uniform (the other one got the Flyers ones.).

Loving some of the jerseys in this thread, especially the Gulls above. Everything about it is beautiful about it, and it makes you wonder how some of the NHL jerseys made through Reebok can be so dull.

I wish I had a team that stuck together long enough for us to create jerseys. I had a logo and jersey design ready to go for a team of friends when a few people started letting me know they wouldn't play next season :S

I posted the mock-up of these earlier, but here are our new jerseys in the flesh. Team name is The Wolfpack. :smile:

It's my first sublimated jersey and I'm really impressed with the quality. They also breathe really well.

IMG00692-20110928-2327.jpg

I like the crest and colours. The pattern isn't my preference but all in all

I like it. It seems to me to be a jersey that stands out on the ice. Nice.