Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

I know you said its a Tuuk holder, But I think it looks like a pitch3 holder. . . i guess you took the picture though, so you'd know, but it has the little grooves on the sides just as a pitch holder would

Its a tuuk holder. But I was told that Mission has a new holder in the works. I personally am still all about the LS2 though.

I know you said its a Tuuk holder, But I think it looks like a pitch3 holder. . . i guess you took the picture though, so you'd know, but it has the little grooves on the sides just as a pitch holder would

Its a tuuk holder. But I was told that Mission has a new holder in the works. I personally am still all about the LS2 though.

I'd hate to see the pitch holder disappear, its the greatest. . . i guess I'll be buying up as many as I can when they go on sale

Not sure if it's the angle of the pic, or does that toebox look short & stout?

It does look that way. Maybe it's designed to cover the top of the toes and eliminate some of the chafing players experience where the toe box meets the boot.

Here's another vote Mission doesn't drop the Pitch Three holder. I think along with their steel it's one of the best going on the market. I'd hate to see them drop something this good.

Here's another vote Mission doesn't drop the Pitch Three holder. I think along with their steel it's one of the best going on the market. I'd hate to see them drop something this good.

Another vote for keeping Pitch around. Extremely hard steel that holds a great edge.

the tendon gaurd looks intersesting looks as if it has a huge hole "vent" in it

any chance of more pictures

Im not sure if I will be able to scope these out again unless they are on the players feet lol. I think Mission is firing back pretty hard with these skates and if they run with this design they will really turn some heads.

How do Mission skates run size wise? are they comparable to another brand width wise? Never thought of Mission as a possibility, but I do like the look of those skates. They look blue...are they blue?

How do Mission skates run size wise? are they comparable to another brand width wise? Never thought of Mission as a possibility, but I do like the look of those skates. They look blue...are they blue?

I wore a size 6 NBH (Bauer 4000), but a 6.5 in Mission (S400 to be exact) and the Missions fit more closely, especially in the toebox area. I thought I read the general consensus was .5 size up in the smaller sizes and a full size up for the bigger feet (although I'm not sure about the latter).

also notable is the flop potential of those tounges...

haha exactly! My first thought was "they would look good on my feet" haha.

I really like the look of these skates actually. The boot kinda reminds me of Supremes a little.

looks like there is a little (unintentional) fisheye action going on in that photo. Makes them look a little bigger and more Vector like than I bet they do in real life. (but what do i know?)

Anyway, they look interesting. I do like how they simplified the boot, not a lot of layers and lines. However I don't like that red badge thing or the giant Mission logo. They should make the logo smaller and maybe tone down the NME badge and just emboss that into the boot material instead.

I am another who hopes they keep the Pitch 3. I don't have a lot of experience in hockey, but i love the Pitch holders on my Bauer 6000s! I think my next skate purchase will be with Mission, but who knows when that will be.

The top end will have a new holder, but PITCH will stay in the line on the mid to lower end skates.

I was hoping to convince them to make the new holder a newer version of PITCH but I don't know what they decided to do.

looks like there is a little (unintentional) fisheye action going on in that photo. Makes them look a little bigger and more Vector like than I bet they do in real life. (but what do i know?)

Anyway, they look interesting. I do like how they simplified the boot, not a lot of layers and lines. However I don't like that red badge thing or the giant Mission logo. They should make the logo smaller and maybe tone down the NME badge and just emboss that into the boot material instead.

I am another who hopes they keep the Pitch 3. I don't have a lot of experience in hockey, but i love the Pitch holders on my Bauer 6000s! I think my next skate purchase will be with Mission, but who knows when that will be.

I like that as well. I always found Mission's designs a little busy.

Yeah I took the picture with my Blackjack, so it is what it is lol. I like how the skates are just clean enough to not look p.diddyish, but have enough flair to set them apart from the other brands. My sentiment is that if Mission can beat out the $630 tag on the one95s, and if the U+'s fail the durability test as many have speculated they will, mission will give the big boys a little run for their money. In the end I see myself being in big trouble with my wife because Im going to have to get these too. haha