Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

What is the allure of the PITCH holder? Is it the concept? Steel? The holder itself? I've never used one, so I'm just curious.. Thanks in advance..

What is the allure of the PITCH holder? Is it the concept? Steel? The holder itself? I've never used one, so I'm just curious.. Thanks in advance..

The ability to adjust the pitch of your steel from Neutral to +1 or -1. The steel on the Pitch blades is also the best in the market.

The ability to adjust the pitch of your steel from Neutral to +1 or -1. The steel on the Pitch blades is also the best in the market.

So why would they mess with it and develop a new one?

So why would they mess with it and develop a new one?

The holder is heavy.

Last I heard, which was last month, was that they were keeping PITCH for mid-level skates.

I had no idea the holder was considered "heavy." I suppose people love the concept and the steel though. Any idea if the new holder will still employ the PITCH concept? Or are they going with an entirely different idea?

Like I have been saying over the last year or so......I like the Direction Mission/Itech is going.

Little birdies have been teasing me with this skate for a few months now, so it is nice to finally see a pic. Glad I took some advice & held off on the One95s or XXXXs.

First the nice price points and package gear. Then great Intake Helmets. Great 130 Gloves. These small dents may lead to a big break through.

looks like there is a little (unintentional) fisheye action going on in that photo. Makes them look a little bigger and more Vector like than I bet they do in real life. (but what do i know?)

Anyway, they look interesting. I do like how they simplified the boot, not a lot of layers and lines. However I don't like that red badge thing or the giant Mission logo. They should make the logo smaller and maybe tone down the NME badge and just emboss that into the boot material instead.

I am another who hopes they keep the Pitch 3. I don't have a lot of experience in hockey, but i love the Pitch holders on my Bauer 6000s! I think my next skate purchase will be with Mission, but who knows when that will be.

I like that as well. I always found Mission's designs a little busy.

Purefly and S500 designs were "busy"? I didn't know you were Amish.

This one looks one of the cheap knockoffs you can get from some of the chinese factories. Obviously the pics could be misleading compared to the final product, but that remains to be seen.

Like I have been saying over the last year or so......I like the Direction Mission/Itech is going.

Little birdies have been teasing me with this skate for a few months now, so it is nice to finally see a pic. Glad I took some advice & held off on the One95s or XXXXs.

First the nice price points and package gear. Then great Intake Helmets. Great 130 Gloves. These small dents may lead to a big break through.

Actually they were doing quite well with the Helium and L7 glove line, the S series skates and even the M and L series pants. WIth the exception of some of the padding and sticks, Fuel products were a major setback to their forward progress on the ice side of things.

This one looks one of the cheap knockoffs you can get from some of the chinese factories. Obviously the pics could be misleading compared to the final product, but that remains to be seen.

The s500's were very busy with all that crazy stitching.

As far as looking like a cheap knockoff- you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm glad you arent an industrial designer.

As far as looking like a cheap knockoff- you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm glad you arent an industrial designer.

Some tiny stitches look crazy but a large logo screen printed on the side is subtle?

Put some unknown name on there and everyone would trashing it for being a knockoff. Mission stopped doing their own thing with the L7. Prior to that the skates were distinctive and had their own vibe. Now, they just look like they're trying to emulate the skates other people have on the market. Do your own thing, do it right and own it.

I still believe they look like something you would find from a company like this.

http://www.skatetrigold.com/ice/web%20page.htm

The Fuel 130 Glove feels great on the hand, but I think people were scared off by their aggressive appearance. However, if I was given a pair, i'd wear them. Im just more of a 4-roll kinda guy lol

Some tiny stitches look crazy but a large logo screen printed on the side is subtle?

Put some unknown name on there and everyone would trashing it for being a knockoff. Mission stopped doing their own thing with the L7. Prior to that the skates were distinctive and had their own vibe. Now, they just look like they're trying to emulate the skates other people have on the market. Do your own thing, do it right and own it.

I still believe they look like something you would find from a company like this.

lol is that even legal?

i especialy like the protective "atTACK" range that looks like the tack range by ccm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually they were doing quite well with the Helium and L7 glove line, the S series skates and even the M and L series pants. WIth the exception of some of the padding and sticks, Fuel products were a major setback to their forward progress on the ice side of things.

Like we have talked about before, California is a pretty different emerging hockey market. Over a million people in Norcal between SanFran, SanJose and Sac. Pretty big core of new players as well. We have done very well with most of the Fuel protective & sticks.

Like we have talked about before, California is a pretty different emerging hockey market. Over a million people in Norcal between SanFran, SanJose and Sac. Pretty big core of new players as well. We have done very well with most of the Fuel protective & sticks.

Do you think the TOP California players are using Fuel protective?

Do you think the TOP California players are using Fuel protective?

Read my post a little closer. I was refering to the huge influx of NEW players in California. That is what makes this market so unique. Also the conversion of many roller players to ice after their roller rinks went out of business.

Most of the Snowbirds that have migrated here still go the traditional way.

I never said anything about subtle. They are doing what they need to do to stay competitive and sell skates. Most comments have been positive, and I like the branding. In the end the performance of the skate is what matters- but that is not necessarily what is gonna make it sell. Are you not going to buy it if it kicks ass because of how it looks?

Great, California is emerging. You still can't count on one small portion of the market to support an entire brand. The 130 glove is the first decent "ice" glove since the L7 and the skates have pretty much been a failure at retail since the L series rolled out, especially considering the extra promotion. Over the last few years the impression given is not one of pushing the limits as is used to be, but rather one of saying "we can be just like them". I've heard it in many places, from many different people. The difference is I'm willing to say it out loud and hope that giving voice to what is being said.

An individual (or company) that can't accept well-intentioned criticism, has serious problems, especially when it comes to product development. If designers are only willing to design to their vision, you better damn well hope they are prescient enough to know what will sell. Otherwise, you're stuck blowing out half your annual production.

I never said anything about subtle. They are doing what they need to do to stay competitive and sell skates. Most comments have been positive, and I like the branding. In the end the performance of the skate is what matters- but that is not necessarily what is gonna make it sell. Are you not going to buy it if it kicks ass because of how it looks?

How would I know if it kicks ass without using it? With any luck it's more refined than the Fuels have been. The 110s were like wearing shoe boxes with laces, the 120s were a huge step up from them and, with any luck, these will be a further improvement. It's a shame they threw out just about the entire design of the S series instead of just tweaking them. There were a couple areas, that had they been improved, would have rendered an amazing skate.

When the 110s came out, I pointed out what I believed to be major flaws in the design. I was told that I had no idea what I was talking about. A year later, everything I pointed out was changed. Not because I said it, but becuase those ares turned out to be problems.

You put those skates next to a One95 or One75 and there's no way you're going to convert a Bauer user to the Mission. Even the name, NME, is going to get mocked by those midget and bantam players who set the "cool" standard.

Hey, if the skate turns into a huge success, I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong. Unfortunately the people who challenge my predictions never seem to come back and apologize or admit their own errors. (not directed at anyone who has posted in this topic)

Great, California is emerging. You still can't count on one small portion of the market to support an entire brand. The 130 glove is the first decent "ice" glove since the L7 and the skates have pretty much been a failure at retail since the L series rolled out, especially considering the extra promotion. Over the last few years the impression given is not one of pushing the limits as is used to be, but rather one of saying "we can be just like them". I've heard it in many places, from many different people. The difference is I'm willing to say it out loud and hope that giving voice to what is being said.

An individual (or company) that can't accept well-intentioned criticism, has serious problems, especially when it comes to product development. If designers are only willing to design to their vision, you better damn well hope they are prescient enough to know what will sell. Otherwise, you're stuck blowing out half your annual production.

This is what Ive been saying...I wish Mission would go back and look at some of their earlier stuff and do some updated remakes of their earlier versions of things...But I agree aside from the silly off the wall designs, Mission is trying to put out products that have a feel and look of the other companies....Chadd you in a bad mood these past couple of days you have been all over people in these post lately...cheer up...LOL

This is what Ive been saying...I wish Mission would go back and look at some of their earlier stuff and do some updated remakes of their earlier versions of things...But I agree aside from the silly off the wall designs, Mission is trying to put out products that have a feel and look of the other companies....Chadd you in a bad mood these past couple of days you have been all over people in these post lately...cheer up...LOL

Not in a bad mood at all in this topic, just making observations. Just a week left before I head back to the islands though, I can hear the steel drums already. Maybe this time I'll find a house down there. Is it possible to have an MSH skate when the only ice is in the drinks?