Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

How / where can I get a pair of bauer vapor xxxx in 6 3/4? The custom size is the only thing I'm really interested in; no other changes.

What further customizing options are there available?

And what is the additional price, let's say for a Vapor XXXX when ording the customized version?

I was told that it's an extra $100 to custom order. In addition, they use the adult skate price as the base price. So, in my case, it's quite a premium as I can squeeze into juniors - as far as length goes, but need a wider boot than many junior skates allow.

I think you can also customize the stiffness of the boot, the top cap, the tongue, and eyelet placement, but I'm not a Bauer rep...

Taken from eastwesthockey.com:

Widths/Standard •D, 2E •Ball – B, C, D, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, EEEEE •Heel – AA, A, B, BB

Tongues/Standard •Molded anatomical tongue with high-density metatarsal guard Changes •Regular black felt •Supreme black felt tongue •Double Black felt

•Stiffness # 2 is the standard stiffness •Stiffness # 3 and Stiffness # 4 is the maximum. •Add material at top of skate, can only be done by using a size bigger upper •Cut back lacing by 1/8” or 3/8”, can only be done for the top 4 eyelets only. •Reinforce eye rows and eyelets. •Add one extra eyelet or removed one eyelet(without adding material) •Low vamping or High vamping. Top Guard

Lining options Standard •HYDROPHOBIC CLARINO •Different color Clarino •Gripliner

Ankle Padding/Standard •Lightweight premium Insta-form + foam ankle pads Changes •1/16” minicel foam in heels only or from heels to top guard we can even add a 1/16" of foam to the whole thing. •Extra padding in ankle pads •Oversize ankle pads •Move ankle pads higher or closer to eyelets

Counters/Changes •Cut counters for spurs •Oversize intergraded ankle for higher ankle bones aka donut ankle.

Allowable Changes •At small toes and big toes •Outside •In arches

Toe Caps/Allowable Changes •Smaller size •Oversized

Outsole/Standard •Full Carbon Composite perforated outsole •752 TPR White

Ah okay.

JR do they just have the equipment managers shave them?

I am guessing as I wouldnt think Bauer would do this.

Also is this something that a proshop would do or only a select few?

Wonder what they would charge for this.

Most pro shops would charge a trillion dollars. It is part of the stimulus package.

If a pro has a major foot problem, Bauer will make a plaster mold of the player's foot at the custom shop in St Jerome. There is a video of this on NikeBauer.com. Some guys feet are impossible = Peter Forsberg.

Sorry to hear Chicago area shops not willing to do a simple custom skate. Strange.

If a pro has a major foot problem, Bauer will make a plaster mold of the player's foot at the custom shop in St Jerome. There is a video of this on NikeBauer.com. Some guys feet are impossible = Peter Forsberg.

It's the one thing he and I have in common on the ice.... :lol: Except mine is my left foot.

Any options out there as far as a place to order? eastwest never returned email, the local places don't want to order for me including in chicago gunzos, fred's pro shop..

I live in chicago and there are plenty of other places that will do custom skates. I'm also sure there are a few other pro shops that will do it for you, you just have to search for other places online.

1) Jerry's Hockey Warehouse-they have like 4 locations.

2) Total Hockey

3) Picks 'n' Pucks Pro Shop located inside Center of Ice DuPage.

Why wouldnt Gunzo's help you with custom Bauer skates? I thought they were a full-service dealer, unless you ran into some idiot HS kid who didnt know what he was talking about.

I have gotten custom skates from www.hockeyservices.com before and they did it without a problem. I think the upcharge was somewhere around $100 but not %100 on that.

Taken from eastwesthockey.com:

Widths/Standard •D, 2E •Ball – B, C, D, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, EEEEE •Heel – AA, A, B, BB

Tongues/Standard •Molded anatomical tongue with high-density metatarsal guard Changes •Regular black felt •Supreme black felt tongue •Double Black felt

•Stiffness # 2 is the standard stiffness •Stiffness # 3 and Stiffness # 4 is the maximum. •Add material at top of skate, can only be done by using a size bigger upper •Cut back lacing by 1/8” or 3/8”, can only be done for the top 4 eyelets only. •Reinforce eye rows and eyelets. •Add one extra eyelet or removed one eyelet(without adding material) •Low vamping or High vamping. Top Guard

Lining options Standard •HYDROPHOBIC CLARINO •Different color Clarino •Gripliner

Ankle Padding/Standard •Lightweight premium Insta-form + foam ankle pads Changes •1/16” minicel foam in heels only or from heels to top guard we can even add a 1/16" of foam to the whole thing. •Extra padding in ankle pads •Oversize ankle pads •Move ankle pads higher or closer to eyelets

Counters/Changes •Cut counters for spurs •Oversize intergraded ankle for higher ankle bones aka donut ankle.

Allowable Changes •At small toes and big toes •Outside •In arches

Toe Caps/Allowable Changes •Smaller size •Oversized

Outsole/Standard •Full Carbon Composite perforated outsole •752 TPR White

Wow. Is there any number i could call or anything? Also how stiff would a 4 be, too much for the 180 pound player?

Just sent out two custom XXXX orders yesterday. One player went from a #3 stiffness which he really beat up on in his last pair of custom XXXX, to a # 4 stiffness. The other player went for a #3 stiffness. We had to do black eyelets as they are extra long and with reinforced eye row/eyelets, the black eyelet was our only choice. We asked for the Selanne style 2nd top eyelet mssing on the #4s, too.

Most pro shops would charge a trillion dollars. It is part of the stimulus package.

Sorry to hear Chicago area shops not willing to do a simple custom skate. Strange.

where is st. jerome? I will call them as well

Here's what a quick google turned up

Canadian Manufacturing Plant

Bauer Nike Hockey Canadian Plant

1200 Boul International

St Jerome, Quebec, Canada J7Z 5T5

Phone: 450-436-2292

Not quite sure why you want to call them.

Is custom only for the high end bauer skates? I wondering if they would do custom flexlite 4.0: make them stiffer, and lower cut ala one95 for 100 more than the retail? :D

Edited by kenneth

Is custom only for the high end bauer skates? I wondering if they would do custom flexlite 4.0: make them stiffer, and lower cut ala one95 for 100 more than the retail? :D

After a quick search, I'm pretty sure you can. Someone like DarkStar would know more about this stuff than me.