Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Have you tried on a Bauer Nexus in a wide width? Or Graf 709s in a wide?

That would be a start before going into customs. The Bauer Nexus in a 2E is essentially a 4E skate so trying it on would be a good option for you.

As for questions on a custom order - well, the guy doing your custom skates should be able to answer any questions you have. If he can't then I'd suggest looking for someone different to order $1000 skates for you.

I haven't been able to come across a nexus in 2E yet... The 709s I tried were not wide enough. . When I make my way out to KCI I will try the nexus before I order... It's the closest skate shop that actually sticks the top line skates to me... And almost 2 hours away hah

I haven't been able to come across a nexus in 2E yet... The 709s I tried were not wide enough. . When I make my way out to KCI I will try the nexus before I order... It's the closest skate shop that actually sticks the top line skates to me... And almost 2 hours away hah

Do try the Nexus before anything else. On all foot measuring Brannock devices (and just from shoe fit over the years) I am a 3.5-4E (short foot, but wide for my length, deep instep) and I fit into a D width Nexus surprisingly enough. Granted it was a little oversized, so I am not sure entirely how it'll affect overall fit but I don't think the width will change much for me when I go down in sizes (but my foot might not fit as well due to shape, we'll see). Bauer genuinely seem to have made a wide footed man skate in the Nexus, but the only issue right now is the limited stocks stores have because of the new line coming out in the next few months (i'm being forced to try/buy a Nexus 400 when i'd love an 800).

Have been to 10 different pro shops in my area now, and have talked about custom skates with all of them... The most knowledgeable so far has been a guy at Total Hockey in Rockville, MD that I actually met on here... My question is, being that I have a high instep, how do I ensure that if I get a custom skate that the instep is going to be right? Can you list measurements in the comments section and Bauer will take it from there, or do you need to be able to give them specifics on what modifications needed such as moving eyelets 1/4" etc etc? Also, what protections do you have if the skates come and do not fit well?

The major problem I'm having is finding someone that is actually experienced past doing it once or twice, and on an abnormal foot shape such as mine... with short, wide feet and a high instep. Just having a bad feeling I'm going to eat a $1000 dollar cost and have a skate that doesn't fit still.

Edited by Jphillips348

I spoke to Bret a couple months ago on how to measure - but I still have to work with him a little bit; I will be meeting him on Wednesday and go through the process a bit better in detail.

Awesome, I was actually going to give him a call today about doing a fitting this week. Was hoping to be spending a lot of time on the ice as of a couple weeks ago, and still not getting anywhere with retail skates. Beyond ready to bite the bullet and order custom skates.

I highly doubt it. They only do custom for the current top of the line skates except in a case where you wanted a vapor x90. They would order you a v cut nexus 7000 but what you're asking for is kind of off the chart and no it's not going to be for $100 more than retail. You're going to pay $950 no matter what you order from Bauer custom.

A is standard

AA is narrower

B is wide

Vapor skates are a true last, so a retail D is a true D.

Retail Vapor is DA and EEB

Retail Supreme D is E/A and EE is EEE/B

Retail Nexus D is EE/A and EE is EEEE/B

Is it correct that a Supreme EE is a true EEE and a Nexus EE is a true EEEE?

when I tried on a retail EE in both the Nexus and Supreme the Supreme felt slightly wider in the forefoot area.

If I want customs to fit like a retail Nexus EE but with a narower heel I would want EEEE/A is this correct?

Also, I need to move the top 3 eyelets out about 1/4" on the inside (medial) side of the skate as my ankle bones are too close to the eyelets and also need to move the top 3 eyelets in on the outside (lateral) side of the skate. What is the correct way to state this on the order form? increase/decrease lacing? add/remove material? move eyelets in/out etc? how would I get this across clearly?

Any recommendations for shops that do a good job with custom bauers in the Boston area?

Also, it seems I need the width of the nexus toebox with the profile/depth/heel of a supreme skate....is this possible going the custom route?

Tried the nexus in a std width and the MX3 in a EE and it seems like I'm in between the two.

Thx.

JR,

I've been through the thread and I've tried to soak in as much info as possible. I highly value your knowledge and experience. I have a wide foot and I've skated in Vapors for years, with moderate pain in my forefoot. I'm not one of those Peter Forsberg cases with an absolute necessity for nothing other than customs, but I strongly feel I'd benefit from a custom fit and I also want the added durability. I would try the order process myself but I don't have the money or the desire to go through 3 pairs of skates for trial and error before getting it right lol. I know you dont consult on skates you don't personally fit, so I was wondering if you'd be willing/able to fit me at some point down the road?? I'd be willing to travel for a proper fitting from someone who knows what they're doing and I would expect nothing less than a fitting fee from you for your knowledge and expertise.

Thanks!

when I tried on a retail EE in both the Nexus and Supreme the Supreme felt slightly wider in the forefoot area.

I was surprised to experience this too. MX3 felt so comfortable, but Nexus (I cannot recall the model) was not quite so comfortable.

Can someone please tell me how to order custom Bauer skates? i am just really confused as to how i should go about doing this. i live in Alberta and my closest hockey stores are United Cycle and Pro Hockey life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone please tell me how to order custom Bauer skates? i am just really confused as to how i should go about doing this. i live in Alberta and my closest hockey stores are United Cycle and Pro Hockey life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/44935-how-to-order-custom-bauer-skates/

I'm ordering a pair of customs in the next week or two. But before i do I'd like a few things cleared up and I'm hoping you guys could help me.

First: I have owned every top skate from the supreme/vapor from vapor 40's - apx2 and one95's - MX3's. Getting a standard "D" width everytime.

My heels are locked far better in apx2 boots rather than the MX3's I Purchased in December. I tried on my old APX skates I had and the "heel lock" is similar to that of the MX3's which I do not like. Should I stick with the standard D/A or go with D/AA? How much of a difference would a D/A differ from a D/AA? Would the heel expand after breaking in if the D/AA is too narrow?

Also what is the difference in minicel, prestocel and the 1/4 memory foam ankle pads?

Hopefully you guys can help!

Edited by jdvn

Yes, the boot is stretched on your outside edge in the arch area.

JR, give me advice about quarter package. I like how feel width and facing length on 9 size, but that to small about 1/2 size (9.5 quarter size to big). In comment we need wrote: "make quarter 1/2 size smaller" or?

Thanks.