Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

I know that he didnt score, but it was a crazy move none the less, and will be a highlight reel when it does go in, but does anybody have a good highlight of the move Okposo Tried against the penguins in the Shootout?

Holy crap Ovechkin just had a beauty. I'll get video up when it's available but basically, the Habs D man made a pass out of the zone, ovechkin tipped it at center ice, banked it off the boards, he does a spin round the other Canadiens D man, picks it up, powers past a guy, then puts it in as he is falling.

Sweet jesus it was a thing of beauty.

Holy crap Ovechkin just had a beauty. I'll get video up when it's available but basically, the Habs D man made a pass out of the zone, ovechkin tipped it at center ice, banked it off the boards, he does a spin round the other Canadiens D man, picks it up, powers past a guy, then puts it in as he is falling.

Sweet jesus it was a thing of beauty.

Grrrrrr. How did I know you'd end up in this thread after that goal....

But yes, it was a hell of a goal. Even if he hadn't scored...Chipchura would have drawn a penalty on the take down.

Was Boudreau making a fake line change on that play or something?

I don't think it was a 'fake' line change...Montreal was trying to take advantage of the line change and it was just a poor first pass by Montreal.

Just ridiculous! The move to beat Hamerlik was just insane. Best part is the announcer afterwards saying "That's just insanity" He ceases to amaze me.

Waaay better than the PHX goal, in my opinion. Amazing goal.

St Louis had a beauty the other night, another one of those backhand snipes from about 4" off the goalline... this time he split the defense.

Waaay better than the PHX goal, in my opinion. Amazing goal.

St Louis had a beauty the other night, another one of those backhand snipes from about 4" off the goalline... this time he split the defense.

Yeah, St. Louis' snipe was amazing... that was after cruising through the d-men like they were pylons

Yeah, I didn't think he'd top the backhand he did against the Rangers in Prague but wow. I was sitting on that side of the goal too, had a beautiful angle for that goal.

1:14 mark

haha, i can so imagine TBLFan at a game, and the guy next to him going "Did you see that?" and TBL answers, yea, (Brand name) new (equipment piece, most likely gloves) shorter cuff, longer fingers, they come out in the spring, I own a pair. :P

ya watched that game. great effort on that shorty. Thought Nabakov could have done better but it looked like he was screened by ehrhoff (perhaps?) as he skated by just as Z/berg was spinning.

some pretty nice hitting by datsyuk throughout as well. must be taking tango lessons from ovechkin.

What if Jagr wouldnt have left for New York and they ended up with Ovechkin on the left and Jagr on the right...uh nasty? lol

Jagr is the reason the caps went into rebuild mode. He was the cancer that forced them to blow it up and start all over again.

His deal, and the deals that followed in 2004 (bondra, lang, gonchar, nylander, carter, grier) were what led the caps to be in the lottery spot (which they won), and get the parts to put in place the team they have now.

Bondra became Brooks Laich

Lang became Flash and the pick that turned into green

Gonchar became Morissonn and the pick that was Schultz

Carter went for Aulin (I think?)

Grier went for a 2nd rounder which turned into Bouchard

If Jagr was still in DC, ovechkin wouldn't be.

Jagr is the reason the caps went into rebuild mode. He was the cancer that forced them to blow it up and start all over again.

His deal, and the deals that followed in 2004 (bondra, lang, gonchar, nylander, carter, grier) were what led the caps to be in the lottery spot (which they won), and get the parts to put in place the team they have now.

Bondra became Brooks Laich

Lang became Flash and the pick that turned into green

Gonchar became Morissonn and the pick that was Schultz

Carter went for Aulin (I think?)

Grier went for a 2nd rounder which turned into Bouchard

If Jagr was still in DC, ovechkin wouldn't be.

I know, but I was just saying imagine if he was with the salary cap a side...i was talking in a more fictional sense than a literal cause the salary cap and the things that followed with Jagr...two disgusting wingers like that would be pretty nuts