Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benz88

Hockey Shops in Orlando

i'm heading down to Orlando in June and was wondering any good hockey shops down there to visit and if there was anywhere to get some pro stock stuff as well. I'll be driving from Miami to Orlando so anything along the way I could make a detour to.

thanks

don't know of any pro stock stuff (unless you pick up some TBL stuff from JR)

JR was/is working at a nice little shop in Orlando and there is one other shop in the area he mentioned...not a real hot bed for hockey gear from what I've seen. Maybe he can give you more information.

Good luck!

JR was/is working at a nice little shop in Orlando and there is one other shop in the area he mentioned...not a real hot bed for hockey gear from what I've seen. Maybe he can give you more information.

Good luck!

Is that other little shop still there? They opened a few years ago- I didn't give them a year.

I thought he said it was when I was down there...not sure I only had one mission

but like Tatoo I did take de plane

Good luck!

Is that other little shop still there? They opened a few years ago- I didn't give them a year.

Yeah, he's tied in with a Puckmasters franchise about 5 min from the rink.

He's got nothing.

LOLZ

and whats so funny...just trying to steer some business your way with my JR stimulus plan

by the way I need some new skates!

I'll tell you what's funny. A bear in a clown suit, riding a tricycle. I still don't know how they keep the big red nose on the big brown bear.

now that's funny...almost as funny as going to Florida to buy hockey gear...he wait that's what I did...doh

Seriously, I was down there a couple of years back and there wasn't much in the way of any stores that carried anything close to what you'd consider decent hockey equipment. Down south it's mostly football, baseball and basketball that spike the American sports fan interest. Ice hockey is a sport reserved for the Canadian snowbirds and vacationers, but mostly in Tampa and Miami. Not a big local draw amoung the locals.

Seriously, I was down there a couple of years back and there wasn't much in the way of any stores that carried anything close to what you'd consider decent hockey equipment. Down south it's mostly football, baseball and basketball that spike the American sports fan interest. Ice hockey is a sport reserved for the Canadian snowbirds and vacationers, but mostly in Tampa and Miami. Not a big local draw amoung the locals.

BS.

There is a "decent' LHS in Orlando, and one of the top 10 rinks in the US as well.

We have 6 adult leagues here, all having at least 8-10 teams in each division.

So whats the name of the "decent" lhs?

I went to a place called RDV in Orlando...it was decent...picked up a few pair of edge socks, they had a nice selection of sticks and some protective gear. Not great, but better than we have here (which is nothing).

So whats the name of the "decent" lhs?

I went to a place called RDV in Orlando...it was decent...picked up a few pair of edge socks, they had a nice selection of sticks and some protective gear. Not great, but better than we have here (which is nothing).

And you went three wks before their Warrior and NBH booking showed up. Store's fully stocked.