Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kicksave

locker room stalls

looking to build a couple locker room stalls in the basement of the house. anyone on here done that yet? or know of a site that has blue prints? really looking for anyone help anyone on here has to offer

if you build one angle the sides back from the top to the bottom. The ones that have straight sides that are to wide make you feel like you are sitting in a coffin

When I read the title I wondered why someone would want to build locker room toilets in his basement. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada, maybe it's just me but we call toilets "stalls" here sometimes....

Cool idea though and sorry for not being very helpful lol

When I read the title I wondered why someone would want to build locker room toilets in his basement. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada, maybe it's just me but we call toilets "stalls" here sometimes....

Stalls are the thing the toilet is in, not the toilet itself. the definition is "a small compartment". A shower stall, a toilet stall...

And now that you mention it, a locker room stall would be a cool thing to have built around your toilet... Have a pronger jersey hanging in it or something. Could be neat.

Stalls are the thing the toilet is in, not the toilet itself. the definition is "a small compartment". A shower stall, a toilet stall...

And now that you mention it, a locker room stall would be a cool thing to have built around your toilet... Have a pronger jersey hanging in it or something. Could be neat.

Have a couple rolls of tape in there and when you uh...have a moment to yourself, you redo your bladetape instead of re-reading some old magazine.

cptjeff, thanks for the definition. Being French, I sometimes miss the actual meaning of a word. I guess it could be cool to actually put a stall around your basement toilet with a jersey of a guy you don't like in there. Could be useful in case you're out of toilet paper.

ds junior, I've taped my sticks.. err hockey sticks when I had a moment to myself before so blade tape could be another good time saving idea.. kill two birds with one stone!!

South of the border the term stalls can be generally applied to any space that is sectioned off from a larger one, usually with a method that isn't a major construction. I would imagine the purpose is storeage and decoration at the same time. Anyone can stick up some Ikea shelves, but building something that looks like locker room stalls would be fairly unique.

^^ Very nice work.

if you build one angle the sides back from the top to the bottom. The ones that have straight sides that are to wide make you feel like you are sitting in a coffin

The sole exception to this is if you're an insane goalie who likes to line his stall with cork and sound-absorbing foam and tiles.

Not that I'd know...

Thanks, I'm not gonna lie I'm kinda proud of myself since I did this with only a circular, and a reciprocal saw...... Next ones will be easier now that I know what I need... House at school we're moving to has a massive basement and the 5 of us all play hockey so were going for the locker room look in one corner

Make sure you save a good chunk of that for a workshop; you've earned yourself a nice set of tools.

Sounds like the five of you should look into splitting a Blackstone portable... :)

Law, I'm actually toying with the idea now I just don't if it's worth the investment or not because I don't really sharpen often and I skate on such a shallow hollow that I don't mind the 45 min drive to get a good sharpening, but on the flipside I'm in an area without a LHS for school and I could make some money doing it.. Just haven't decided if the return is worth the intial $1000 it would take to get running. Might have to hit up the FBV thread to ask some questions on life expectancy of it

Bender, Yea I'm gonna finish it just haven't decided how or what color.... Maybe a quick sand, a dark stain, and then some coats of lacquer or something to stop the plywood from splintering

Bender, Yea I'm gonna finish it just haven't decided how or what color.... Maybe a quick sand, a dark stain, and then some coats of lacquer or something to stop the plywood from splintering

You also want to make sure it is sealed so you don't get funky stuff growing on the wood. Looks really good.

I'm not sure if it's my eyes, the lighting, the perspective, or both, but does it look like the top of that locker is not parallel with the bottom of the shelves ?

I've just become interested in woodworking: just bought a miter saw, table saw, jigsaw, with maybe a router or better circular saw up next, as I couldn't find an affordable, stable workbench for my Blackstone.

If I could find some plans for a stall, I might try that sometime... but I am nowhere near being able to cook something up myself.

Law, I'm actually toying with the idea now I just don't if it's worth the investment or not because I don't really sharpen often and I skate on such a shallow hollow that I don't mind the 45 min drive to get a good sharpening, but on the flipside I'm in an area without a LHS for school and I could make some money doing it.. Just haven't decided if the return is worth the intial $1000 it would take to get running. Might have to hit up the FBV thread to ask some questions on life expectancy of it

Rather late question since I didn't notice this thread the first time, but did you hinge the seat of your locker stall? Or is it designed in a way that it could easily be hinged?

I've always laid my equipment on the garage floor to dry, but after seeing your locker, I realize I might have the room to put something like that in there.

Built this to dry my stuff in the garage.

Hockey locker

Got the APX already, eh?

Found this thread and was looking for some help with the dimensions. What would be the appropriate depth for the bench seat?

I am also assuming the 36 inches would be an appropriate width.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rather late question since I didn't notice this thread the first time, but did you hinge the seat of your locker stall? Or is it designed in a way that it could easily be hinged?

I've always laid my equipment on the garage floor to dry, but after seeing your locker, I realize I might have the room to put something like that in there.

Totally late reply but it is hinged

Dredging up this oldie, but I finally got around to doing a half stall up. I have been going through my left over lumber from other projects and was able to come up with this sucker. I was able to get this together from scrap I had from old furniture projects I had done. The only thing I had to buy was the hooks. And please ignore the dungeon like basement that I have... :ph34r:

14991640181_54be6ec3e0_b.jpg