Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citixen

Gloves: Eagle PPF vs. Easton Pro Customs?

Keep in mind that PRO gloves are not made to the same spec every time. If you got them after they arrived to the team there could be any number of modifications the equipment manager made before getting rid of the gloves. That includes palms that are thinner or thicker, different materials, or swapped later for something else.

The PPFi fit's like a 12 or 12.5 to me but is a 13 inch glove. I wear 13 inch gloves and they are a little roomy in the end of the fingers. But the PPF i is like perfect.

If my photo hosting site would ever freaking work I could post up pics of both styles of PPF's. I have one of each. Vaughn and pre-Vaughn. I like the PPF's but also have a couple pair of Easton pro gloves and they fit very well. Just need a bit more break-in to be as nice as the Eagles. Just grabbed some pro return 9K's and they feel very simlar to the pro Easton fit but a smidge tighter.

MSH2 is the thinnest and most durable palm available. I don't think I've ever seen MSH2 that has a hole worn through it. My custom Eagles have a single layer MSH2 palm and despite them being used more than 40 times, there's nothing more than tape residue on them.

I love my X70s like its no ones business, but after a years worth of use:

glove1.jpg

glove2.jpg

stickend1.jpg

If my photo hosting site would ever freaking work I could post up pics of both styles of PPF's. I have one of each. Vaughn and pre-Vaughn. I like the PPF's but also have a couple pair of Easton pro gloves and they fit very well. Just need a bit more break-in to be as nice as the Eagles. Just grabbed some pro return 9K's and they feel very simlar to the pro Easton fit but a smidge tighter.

Have you tried Imageshack.us? I wouldn't mind seeing the different models too.

okay, so I scored some black Eagle PPFi gloves for cheap. when I put them on I noticed that they were a little stiffer and maybe a little smaller that the gray Eagle PPFi gloves that I got a few months back. I noticed that each pair has the Canadian flag in a different spot:

DSC00421.jpg

I also noticed that the gray pair has a tag inside the right glove that the black pair doesn't have:

DSC00422-1.jpg

does this mean that the gray ones are the pre-Vaughn buy-out model?

For me it's all in the stupid little details, nothing against Vaughn. I never meant to imply anything negative about Vaughn if that's what you assumed.

i think material maybe slightly different along with other very small factors.....new models just arent as soft and plush as older models

alot of LHS still have the older models on sale now.....grab em while you can

Construction and materials seem to be the same unless I'm overlooking something (SubliTWILL?). The post-sale Vaughn made PPF's just feel a little overstuffed with padding making them less roomy and stiffer out of the box.

Construction and materials seem to be the same unless I'm overlooking something (SubliTWILL?). The post-sale Vaughn made PPF's just feel a little overstuffed with padding making them less roomy and stiffer out of the box.

YES!! this is exactly what I think being able to compare them side-by-side. they're still great gloves but just a *bit* overstuffed is a good description.

I simply preferred the product I bought pre-Vaughn over the product I've seen after Vaughn took over.

Nope, never assumed anything. However, don't assume yourself that everything with the previous company was as rosy as you might think.

My black PPF's are the original style; red PPF's are the Vaughn. I found no discernable difference between each pair other than color... and placement of the flag, lol. Fit, padding, etc. all virtually identical.

okay, so I scored some black Eagle PPFi gloves for cheap. when I put them on I noticed that they were a little stiffer and maybe a little smaller that the gray Eagle PPFi gloves that I got a few months back. I noticed that each pair has the Canadian flag in a different spot:

DSC00421.jpg

I also noticed that the gray pair has a tag inside the right glove that the black pair doesn't have:

DSC00422-1.jpg

does this mean that the gray ones are the pre-Vaughn buy-out model?

Thanks for the pics, my LHS still has the 'older' style PPFs. I think I should pick them up sooner than I was expecting.