Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidT

DFW Shop

Need a place to mount my inline frame to ice boots. Wheres the place to get it done by competent individuals?

I only trust Justin over at Players Bench in Richardson. Where do you play?

Play my roller at Face Off since it's down the street.

Broke my leg 4 months ago, so I figured Id treat my attempted return with a new pair of skates.

Just happened to see your skates while I was at PB. Very nice!

Cool deal. The skates were extras I had in my closet and my job has me in Richardson the next couple of weeks so I figured why not take them there as most of my skate tools are still in storage.

Heading to DFW in a couple weeks... What shop has the best skate selection? I need E, EE and W widths and I want to try on as many brands as possible. Any help would be appreciated...

Heading to DFW in a couple weeks... What shop has the best skate selection? I need E, EE and W widths and I want to try on as many brands as possible. Any help would be appreciated...

Greg,

It's hard to say who has the best selection, but I feel that Hockey World is fairly well stocked with skates. If you're looking for an older pair, they might even have that because everyone in Dallas wants the newest.

Drew, are you still working at the Starcenter?

I would concur on heading to Hockey World. If you're not familiar with them, it's also known as Perani's, and it's in the shopping center with iTZ Pizza, Aldi, and a few other places at the southwest corner of SH 183 and FM 157 in Euless. The manager, Jody, can fit you with skates better than most around here if you are patient and willing to listen to his suggestions.

Stopped by Peranis this weekend and was rather unimpressed. The store was a bit of a mess, but I think that had more to do with it being a big tournament weekend and they were probably pretty busy. I was there at least a half hour, and I don't think I saw a single employee on the floor... even though it wasn't that busy at this particular time. I was in the shoulder pad section for at least 15 minutes (which is right in front of the front counter) digging through pads for my 8 year old, and never once was asked if I needed help. There were around 4 people behind the counter... one ringing people up... not sure what the others were doing. Anyhow it was quite the contrast to other Peranis I've been to in Michigan where there are usually always employees on the floor asking if you need help.

Peranis is crap. Last to get anything in the supply chain, the employees spend more time messing around with each other behind the counter. There are two people that work there though, that are good help. Steve and Lanny. Not sure if Lanny is there anymore to be honest, but Steve is a shorter, stumpier guy with a goatee. I work with him at the rink as well.

I had good experiences with Jody at Perani's/HockeyWorld. I'll echo the customer service sentiments above as well, but that is the case with most LHS's.

It's been a while since I lived there but my overall experiences were as follows:

The Hockey Shop, Lewisville - always good sharpening by the guy (owner) and their tent sale was solid - was the closest LHS for me

Perani's/HockeyWorld- likely the best overall selection - Jody did a good job mounting some skates for me

StarCenter Euless - others can chime in but used to have a good selection and prices on pro stock ops

Might as well take their time now, they missed the big MLK youth tournament. League playoffs don't start until the end of February, which will be the next big influx of out-of-town teams.

I was in the Dallas area last week for work and the Perani's in Euless was short on stick selection. I was hoping to check out different blade patterns and flexes from different brands. The guys in the shop were quite friendly though.

Hockey Giant in Plano is open. I went there about two weeks ago. At that time they were still stocking the floor with product but they are open for business. They said they will like have a Grand Opening toward the end of April.