Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adalbort

What skates does Paul Kariya wear?

I have been wanting to know this for ages, I should have asked him when I met him, but I was too excited to remember.

Does anybody know? He normally uses Easton gear so that would be my first guess, but I would like to know more details about his skates.

but his skates do NOT look like anything new!! what do u mean dressed up to look like the newest model?

he means theyre a different skate than what they look like. theyre made to look like one95s, while he wears an older model skate. companies do it to get their newest gear the most exposure as possible.

he means theyre a different skate than what they look like. theyre made to look like one95s, while he wears an older model skate. companies do it to get their newest gear the most exposure as possible.

come acorss the same thing in the TML equipment sale. Forgot who they belong to, but they were some old CCM's that looked like one95's

but is it an old skate (meaning it was built years ago), or a new skate brandly manufactured according to the old specifications?

i cant see why would Bauer have a production line just for 1 pair of skates...

but is it an old skate (meaning it was built years ago), or a new skate brandly manufacutures according to the old specifications?

i cant see why would Bauer have a production line just for 1 pair of skates...

maybe he boughut a container full of them?

but his skates do NOT look like anything new!! what do u mean dressed up to look like the newest model?

it's a black skate with a bauer logo and a blue One95 sticker on it. Also, black holders and a white plastic outsole.

on the outside of the boot.

They don't do as much on his skates it seems as some of the others I've seen/worked on. I saw them a few months back when the Blues were practicing at my rink.

hey thanks! i get it now!

now... why would he want that specific skate? i suppose its a matter of being-used to them or something like that right? I mean everyone else just uses modern Bauers

Modano didn't, Sakic didn't, and Kovalchuk wears old nike quests(am I correct here?) dressed up as XXXXs.

It's pretty common. There are (or were) a ton of S9s (classic supreme 8090s dressed up as one90/95) on Ebay too.

hey thanks! i get it now!

now... why would he want that specific skate? i suppose its a matter of being-used to them or something like that right? I mean everyone else just uses modern Bauers

A lot of guys stick with the older stuff that works for them. They just don't feel the same in the newer stuff as they do in that pair they fell in love with.

You won't find them on ebay. Most likely at Team Sales when a player has a beat up pair that is unusable or when he retires.

Custom is another route, but you'd need some serious connections for that.

Though extremely rare, I have come across pro-return P. Kariya skates on Ebay. I dunno if you're actually looking to score a pair but when I did see them they were 6 3/4 reg. width. Might not fit you if you do find'em.

They aren't that rare guys. Try searching "bauer pro" on ebay and I bet you will come up with atleast 3 or 4 pairs. Tons of guys in the NHL and AHL are wearing them.

He meant Kariya's skates are rare.

oops. I see. I can see why they would be. How many other guys would want to wear something so far behind the times?

Anyone know any reason why he does not use the carbon outsole? IMO it's just plain better in every way.

oops. I see. I can see why they would be. How many other guys would want to wear something so far behind the times?

Anyone know any reason why he does not use the carbon outsole? IMO it's just plain better in every way.

Never used a high end skate until tacks and similar constructed skates were gone. I really want to try a pair of superacks or bauer 8090 for some reason