Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dtcannon

BlackEdge runners

Might be the Powertek BlackEdge blades. A few of the Bruins (Ryder/Lucic/Horton) are using them.

blackedge.jpg

Perhaps Nitinol, it has a dark hue. Many college and NHLrs are using it now.

Could be that as well - I believe Freddy Meyer used them while in Philly.

Those black edge blades seem similar to the old Bauer black steel which I was a big fan of.

Does anyone know where these are available? My Google searches proved fruitless.

Those black edge blades seem similar to the old Bauer black steel which I was a big fan of.

Does anyone know where these are available? My Google searches proved fruitless.

Triumph Sport, Inc. makes Nitinol blades. VakarLajos was using them, see this post.

Currently using Step Velocity runners believe they make a huge difference, thats why I'm interested in these Powertek and Nitinol blades. Last I heard the Nitinol blades were costing $250 a set, any ideas on the price of these Powertek ones?

The Powertek Black Edge should retail around $99 a set in the USA. Not sure about Canada. They are BRAND NEW. Inventory is just starting to come into stock, and they are being shown to the retailers as we speak.

The coating creates a harder/stronger edge that is designed to hold the edge longer. As of right now, they are being made for the LS2, 2.1, CCM, and Easton holders...

What comes to Richars/Timonen runner. My friend sharpen them believe or not :) and those runners are not from what you are mention earlier.

I bought those runners last october and they are great!

Last time when visit my friend he just sharpen runners to Mr. Timonen there was a 15 pair of them!

I purchased a pair from the hockey shop online. They are much stiffer than both ls3 and step steel. I love them, both in gliding and stopping/starting. Definitely worth the 90 bucks IMO. On APX skates btw, normal LS2 holders.

Interesting I work for a PHL, and I havent seen anything that isn't Step or from a skate manufacturer.

What comes to Richars/Timonen runner. My friend sharpen them believe or not :) and those runners are not from what you are mention earlier.

I bought those runners last october and they are great!

Last time when visit my friend he just sharpen runners to Mr. Timonen there was a 15 pair of them!

Huh? Anyone understand this post? Please translate...TY

Huh? Anyone understand this post? Please translate...TY

He just says that his friend sharpens Timonen's skates...not too hard to understand.