Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingDutchman

Where can I find those lightweight, soft jerseys?

Back in the 80s and 90s if you bought a cheap practice jersey they were all the same: Super soft, really light, thin, and with the little holes all over them. They were so light, if you held them in your hand, they would just hang straight down, and they were really soft.

Anyhow, those were so comfy to play in, but you can't find them anywhere. Everything now is that rough, heavy, thick stuff that's not comfortable to play in.

Anyone know where I can find these jerseys these days? I want a white and a black one for pickup games.

thanks in advance.

I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I loved the material. The downside I remember is them sticking to your body if you didn't wear any kind of under shirt. So breathable though. I might have a bag of them but in like juniors sizes from the 90s.

Try Hockey Trons new Jersey. I think it goes for 8.99 and is really nice and yes, soft.

These Kamazu shirts may be what I'm looking for. They say they're "preforated" which sounds like the ones I'm thinking of. I bought a couple of them with numbers. Pretty good deal, really. Two shirts with numbers and a set of waxed laces for $30 shipped. That's a sweet deal. I hope these are the jerseys I'm looking for:

http://www.hockeytron.com/1400kzm.html

I will report back when I get them. Thanks for all the input, guys!

The jerseys you are referring to are made of 100% NYLON not polyester. They are a " shiny " pin-hole mesh material and they probably weigh a couple ounces. I used to wear these all the time & absolutely loved them, stocked up in Large jerseys, but now I'm an XL lol.

I'd be interested in some in XL if anyone knows who sells them.

The jerseys you are referring to are made of 100% NYLON not polyester. They are a " shiny " pin-hole mesh material and they probably weigh a couple ounces. I used to wear these all the time & absolutely loved them, stocked up in Large jerseys, but now I'm an XL lol.

I'd be interested in some in XL if anyone knows who sells them.

This is what you guys are talking about. I actually got one made for my team, its silly thin 100% nylon, but not very durable. You can fit the jersey in an envelope!

http://www.teamworkathletic.com/taa/product/index.jsp?productId=prod2100166

These Kamazu shirts may be what I'm looking for. They say they're "preforated" which sounds like the ones I'm thinking of. I bought a couple of them with numbers. Pretty good deal, really. Two shirts with numbers and a set of waxed laces for $30 shipped. That's a sweet deal. I hope these are the jerseys I'm looking for:

http://www.hockeytron.com/1400kzm.html

I will report back when I get them. Thanks for all the input, guys!

Ok, these arrived and they're not the shirts I'm looking for. But, I can recommend these shirts as they are a fantastic deal if you're looking for a cheap jersey with numbers (I got two numbered jerseys for $30 shipped to my door). I'm going to use them for now.

Yeah, porthole is like an 80's football jersey, but not quite as big as the "I'm too sexy" mesh shirts.

Couple things I think I've learned from this thread. The shirts I'm looking for are nylon, not polyester. Also, they may well be 70 denier weight (which is a light knit). They are definitely a mesh shirt. But since I can't touch a jersey over the internet, I think I'm done searching online. I ordered another version I found, and will report back on those when I receive them.

I know this is an old thread, but every time I searched google for these jerseys (for 3 hours) this thread came up.

I'm pretty sure I found someone selling the lightweight jerseys - I used to remember them too, I had

one until we moved a few years ago and then could not find it. Very lightweight, made me feel fast LOL

So looked all over the net, found what I thought was the right one, ordered it and it came yesterday. Yup right one.

There may be other ones, but the only one I could find is made by a company called Teamwork and you can search on

'Teamwork Cross Check Hockey Jersey' to find it - I ended up buying from some outfit called Axess Athletics because they

had the best price / shipping (altho kind of dubious website) but they showed up delivered by Fedex in about a week.

Anyways, usual disclaimers, dont have anything to do with these guys, dont care how many shirts they sell. Just,

this took me a lot of work to find this and others might benefit. BTW material that makes these is called 'mini mesh' 100 % nylon which

confirms what someone posted above. I saw some called micro mesh but not sure if that is same fabric or not. YMMV.

I'm pretty sure they're just referring to a basic cheap hockey jersey like homegrownsportinggoods.com sells but an albeit outrageous price.

I call them pennies because they look like the material American kids used to wear in gym class when playing team games, but they feel a little softerz

The current model of CCM practice jersey is awesome. They're super lightweight and really stretchy. Very nice for getting over bulky goalie gear ;)

Yup. Ours are the solid color model, but same thing. Super light weight and really stretchy, which I personally like. Awesome practice jersey, and stupid cheap. There's no excuse for those bastards who show up to pickup without a white jersey and HAVE to be on the dark team! haha

The CCM practice jerseys are pretty much exactly like you're describing. They are like $8-$15 depending if you buy online or in a store. And I've found them at pretty much every shop I've been too. They're great when you sub for a team and you don't have their color jersey... jump into the proshop, buy one of these in the closest color available.