Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sichy

2012 Bauer/Mission Inline Hockey Equipment

Here's a look at the Bauer XR5 and XR3 pants that'll be out next week. While I like most Bauer stuff personally, these don't really do anything for me, at least as far as looks go. I don't see these taking the place of my Valken V-Pros which have served me pretty well over the last couple of years.

I bought a pair of XR5's...I thought the same thing before I got my hands on them and tried them on. For me, these are the BEST inline pants I have worn in a long time. The cut and fit fit me the best any pair of inline pants I have ever worn, when your playing you dont even notice them they just move and stretch really easy.

yeah I have to agree on the new Bauer pants. Since Mission and Bauer have come together ,Bauer has really got their Inline equipment to a new level. Its good to have more chioces.

I saw the pants today and thought they felt pretty nice. I wish they had the Mission leg strap instead of the TLC ankle closure. Now for my rant...

Why does Mission have leg pockets on their pants, and why does Bauer have an mp3 player in the back pocket!??!? Seriously, if I'm buying these pants, it's because I play in a league or something, and I'm probably not going to be pumping the tunes while I'm skating in a game. Really, they're ridiculous. The pocket I kind of see, but again, if I'm in a game, I'm probably not putting my wallet and cell phone in my leg pocket.

Please get rid of them next year!!!

Oh Im sure there is a method to the madness, I just dont think its good. I play 2-3 times a week in a competitive league, and I have never seen anyone making use if the pocket. People basically show up, change, play, change, leave. Nobody hangs out and kickz da phat beatz pregame lol.

I dunno, maybe Im just too old school.

Oh Im sure there is a method to the madness, I just dont think its good. I play 2-3 times a week in a competitive league, and I have never seen anyone making use if the pocket. People basically show up, change, play, change, leave. Nobody hangs out and kickz da phat beatz pregame lol.

I dunno, maybe Im just too old school.

As a tournament go-er where both adults and kids are present, I would say that adults are for sure "show-up, play, change, leave, beer" :) ... Kids on the other hand tend to stay in their gear all day... At StateWars a few months ago, kids (8-10 years old or so) were skating over to local Wendys, gas station, etc all in their uniforms/pants/skates.... I swear some kids would spend all day in their skates. Then get new Addictions every game telling mommy that the old ones are worn out! Well, duh!!!

i have to deff agree with both, i saw the pocket on the side of the mission pants and said what the hell is that and it does not even blend in so you see this big pocket when ever you look at the pants, i wont buy them bec of it no matter how much time i spend at the rink....now the other side of if when you think about it its a cool idea if you going to use it, the bauer ipod pocket you can use for shooting around by your self or with your boys indoors or out and mission like said before you can use it for all kinds of things i know at my rink we have doors that you can put locks on it so you could put the key in that pocket.

My XR5's came today, a little bigger than I thought. I wear an XL in Mission and they fit perfect, but the XR5's definitely are a little bigger. Going to probably swap them for a large. Just from trying them on, these pants are insanely comfortable. Can't wait to play in them.

I had the same thoughts as above. When they were announced, I wasn't impressed at all. Definitely changed my mind and I'm glad I decided to give em a try.

Update: Played in them today and they are really sick. They move really well and although they don't look like it, they are vented nicely. Didn't think I'd care for the TLC, but I was surprised by it.

Just be aware that for some reason the sizes run a little bigger than Missions. Compared a large XR5 to an XL t8 and they are pretty much identical. I suggest a size down if you are switching over from Mission.

Overall, great pant, definitely recommend it.

Brizz, I saw the XR5s today and was wondering how the seat of the pants are holding up. I was going to get them but the seat is made of stretch material not nylon. Concerned if I fall on my ass a few times the pants will rip.

Brizz, I saw the XR5s today and was wondering how the seat of the pants are holding up. I was going to get them but the seat is made of stretch material not nylon. Concerned if I fall on my ass a few times the pants will rip.

Hey,

I can't answer your question as I've only had them for about a week and only skated with them 3 times. I compared the materials of XR5's to the pair of Mission Soldier Blacks that I have and they feel similar, with the Missions being a bit thinner and lighter. I've had the Soldier Blacks for a year now, skating 3 times a week and they've held up fine. Not sure if that really help, though as I'm not sure if the materials are the same.

I recommend the XR5's as they are a fantastic pant. Very light, breathable and they move well. I can honestly say that I am not a fan of the TLC, as I only use it to keep the pants from possibly riding into my chassis and not really to lock the shinguard (I flop my tongues, so if you do not flop, I can see that not being the case and you can use the TLC for its purpose). Like I said in the thread, just be sure to try them on before you buy them. Found it really odd that the sizing is bigger than Mission. I'm an XL in Missions, (I'm 6'1 and the XR5's in an XL were so long they covered my whole foot standing up) but a large in Bauer.

Really sorry I couldn't answer your question, as durability hasn't played in for me yet. I know you want to make sure the pants are a good buy before you drop the $70 for them, and I had trouble finding reviews myself.