best way to wash equipment

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 louierev07

louierev07
  • Members++
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

And this is why you hang out your stuff to dry every game...
http://i.imgur.com/k57Zkae.png...

gew.  Gross.

Try out the dishwasher to save those - you gotta kill that shit with the sanitise cycle.

And on a side note - Ive been using the rocket drying system for the past 3-4 months and it is GREAT.  I bought it kind of thinking you really dont NEED this, but im so glad I did.  Gets everything dry really fast, and nothing in my bag smells at all anymore.  

#102 OptimusReim

OptimusReim
  • Members++

• 3,763 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

gew.  Gross.

Try out the dishwasher to save those - you gotta kill that shit with the sanitise cycle.

And on a side note - Ive been using the rocket drying system for the past 3-4 months and it is GREAT.  I bought it kind of thinking you really dont NEED this, but im so glad I did.  Gets everything dry really fast, and nothing in my bag smells at all anymore.  

I'm planning on getting a boot dryer to put my gloves and skates on every game. 

This is literally the first time I've ever not hung up my stuff after a game... figures. 

I just threw a bunch of my stuff into our washing machine on the Sanitize cycle. Gloves, elbow pads, shin liners, and my Down Low shirt. Never had an issue with the elbows going in there, and the gloves... well... its either this or they get thrown away. So whatever. It's a front loader so its pretty gentle on my stuff really. Never had an issue doing my elbow pads in there before. 

#103 TBLfan

TBLfan
  • Members+
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

If you're having a problem with lingering smell I've found a new method. Baking soda and water, create a slightly watery paste and cover the surface(where your skin makes contact)...let it sit for hours to overnight then wash it clean. It removes all scent...this is after or before treating with usual bacteria removing methods such as alcohol/hydrogen peroxide, ozone or what have you.

I'm planning on getting a boot dryer to put my gloves and skates on every game. 

This is literally the first time I've ever not hung up my stuff after a game... figures. 

I just threw a bunch of my stuff into our washing machine on the Sanitize cycle. Gloves, elbow pads, shin liners, and my Down Low shirt. Never had an issue with the elbows going in there, and the gloves... well... its either this or they get thrown away. So whatever. It's a front loader so its pretty gentle on my stuff really. Never had an issue doing my elbow pads in there before. 

Hydrogen peroxide and alcohol is your friend man. Kill EVERYTHING

Edited by TBLfan, 01 November 2014 - 03:55 PM.

Some say that I only know two facts about ducks. ..And both of them are wrong.
and that due to a nuclear accident I may have more than 50 pairs of hands...

#104 hockeyal

hockeyal
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

1.    soak in tub overnight with dishsoap and a teaspoon of bleach.  agitate all gear to get soap in all soaked.

2.    next day drain and using a 4 quart tub of water with a scoop of laundry detergent and a good squirt of dishsoap, start scrubbing all over each peace.

3.    rinse out soap.

4.    air dry

love my gear, no damage done ever, and gear has no smell!  twice a year usually.

#105 jpell

jpell
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

used to use oxy back home and fill up the laundry sink and let shins, elbows, and shoulders soak for a few hours. here in OZ i use nappy-san (sp?). just give them a good rinse after. then i hang out to dry out of direct sunlight. Never washed my gloves though they probably need it.

goes in looking like a WWII bandage comes out nice and clean (white). 

"I'm just glad it wasn't Machete Night." Bob Froese after fans at Madison Square Garden threw mugs on the ice on 'Mug Night.'