Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

If you really crank hard when you put your visor on, the anchors can start to pull through the shell. Be very careful when you install any cage or visor.

Adjustment question. The E700 comes from the factory with the side Giro adjustment all the way towards the front of the helmet. Moving these adjustments towards the rear makes the fit smaller or larger? Thanks for the help.

Adjustment question. The E700 comes from the factory with the side Giro adjustment all the way towards the front of the helmet. Moving these adjustments towards the rear makes the fit smaller or larger? Thanks for the help.

Moving them towards the back makes them bigger

You know if the E700 fits good with the Bauer RE-AKT Titanium cage?

Ok, I read in this topic that is compatible.

Also I have another question, If I buy a S size of the E700, I must buy a S size of the Bauer RE-AKT Titanium cage?

Thanks!

One of the guys on my team ordered a RE-AKT cage for his E700 and it fits perfectly. The older Itech Titanium will not fit correctly though, as Bauer made a change to the wire pattern at the top to help it fit more cages.

While the cage can no doubt fit onto the helmet, whether or not it will fit your face properly is another issue. I've had mixed success getting the cage to fit onto people's chins, regardless of sizing combination. Which brings me to your second question about sizes. Helmet and cage should be sized separately, with the helmet to the head and the cage to the face. It's sometihng you must try and buy at in-store.

One of the guys on my team ordered a RE-AKT cage for his E700 and it fits perfectly. The older Itech Titanium will not fit correctly though, as Bauer made a change to the wire pattern at the top to help it fit more cages.

Thank, can you say me what is the size of the E700 and the size of the RE-AKT cage of your teammate?

While the cage can no doubt fit onto the helmet, whether or not it will fit your face properly is another issue. I've had mixed success getting the cage to fit onto people's chins, regardless of sizing combination. Which brings me to your second question about sizes. Helmet and cage should be sized separately, with the helmet to the head and the cage to the face. It's sometihng you must try and buy at in-store.

I live in Spain, is practically impossible try and buy at in-store, because the few shops that could have place near (or far), don´t have this material.

Thank for all.

I have an E700 in small and an Itech Titanium mask in Medium. I had to buy offset hardware to ge the cage installed at the top but it does work and fits me perfectly.

Link to the hardware that was necessary:

http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/product/product_id/5110/category_id/2/product_name/Helmet+Front+Mount+Clips

I have an E700 in small and an Itech Titanium mask in Medium. I had to buy offset hardware to ge the cage installed at the top but it does work and fits me perfectly.

Link to the hardware that was necessary:

http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/product/product_id/5110/category_id/2/product_name/Helmet+Front+Mount+Clips

Thanks, the guys at the local shop looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had any. We all know I am, just not for that reason.

Thanks, the guys at the local shop looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had any. We all know I am, just not for that reason.

That's funny. The exact same thing happened to me at two different shops.

I have the e700 in medium and RE-AKT cage in large because I have a long face if that helps. Cage fits fine with the hardware it comes with.

Great combo by the way, I couldn't be happier.

I have the e700 in medium and RE-AKT cage in large because I have a long face if that helps. Cage fits fine with the hardware it comes with.

Great combo by the way, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks.

The other people that have the E700 + Bauer RE-AKT cage combo. Can you say me your sizes of the helmet and the size of the cage that?

My son has a medium E700 and a medium RE-AKT cage. We didn't need any additional hardware. In order to grt the chin cup to seat properly, we did have to use the bottom hole on the J clip and the top hole on the helmet.. So the J clip pivots occasionaly and we lose the odd one.

I love this combination, it is insanely light and the E700 has no gel pads to fall out.

My son has a medium E700 and a medium RE-AKT cage. We didn't need any additional hardware. In order to grt the chin cup to seat properly, we did have to use the bottom hole on the J clip and the top hole on the helmet.. So the J clip pivots occasionaly and we lose the odd one.

I love this combination, it is insanely light and the E700 has no gel pads to fall out.

Thanks!

Please, Can you take a picture of the combo final result? even If was possible, I appreciate pictures of the process of installation.

I finally decided that I should get some replacement pads for my E700 and when I talked to IW they said they were out of stock and discontinued. I guess that means the E700 is discontinued as well?

As a follow up, I will say that I love this lid. I put on my old reebok 8k the other night and it felt like punishment in comparison. The only complaint I have so far is that the padding holds sweat TOO WELL.....towards the end of a hard skate, push on the front of the helmet and the visor is covered in sweat!! That's not really a complaint....btw, just an observation :-)

I finally decided that I should get some replacement pads for my E700 and when I talked to IW they said they were out of stock and discontinued. I guess that means the E700 is discontinued as well?

Easton has tons of pad kits in stock. Try another shop and ask them to order them. Should cost you somewhere around $20-$25 for a complete set.

EDIT: Didnt realize that post was from January. Well, if you still need them they're available. LOL

Easton has tons of pad kits in stock. Try another shop and ask them to order them. Should cost you somewhere around $20-$25 for a complete set.

EDIT: Didnt realize that post was from January. Well, if you still need them they're available. LOL

I did end up ordering a couple of replacement sets from a web retailer. The shipping was absolutely outrageous to AK, but luckily my parents are coming from Michigan for a visit, so I had them shipped to my parents.

I was surprised they were not availabe thru amazon or ebay. Really, the only pad that needs replacing is the forehead one. Thats the one that seems to keep breaking down.

How was weight Distribution / balance with the combo?

My old RBK 8K helmet with a steel cage would tend to droop forward, and was a bit better once I put an Itech Titanium cage on it. I think my head shape was part of the problem. But the ReAkt (which is even lighter than the old Itech Titanium cage) combined with the adjustable height for the occipital bone at the back of the E700 helmet makes for a better-balanced, better-positioned helmet. I have teammates with other helmets with half-visors who are amazed that my helmet and cage is lighter than theirs.