Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Easton Hockey Catalogue

I tried on the eq30 shoulder pads last week and really loved everything about em. Light, good protection for open hockey/mens league didn't feel like they were even on and had great range of motion. Definitely picking these up soon.

...but the Mako is lighter than the S19...

It's not the same stick as an s19 tho right in terms of kick, taper etc. correct? I like my s19 because of the weight but I'm sure a lot of NHL players like the kick point and taper of the s19 which is why they are still using them. Just wondering what might be the reasoning behind the s19 pures popularity recently when Easton is putting out a stick with white graphics soon.

no, the Mako replaces the SyNergy EQ50.

The S19 Pure is a SMU for Pure Hockey, so it may be a contractual thing.

do you know if the Mako is going down the EQ50 design route? Or will they bringing it back more to an SE16 design? Or are they taking the stick line in a completely different direction?

I was one of those people that really disliked the design changes of the EQ50; mainly the adding of weight to the stick, and the different feel of the stick overall, regardless of buttend weight configurations, compared to the SE16. The SE16 was my favorite stick I've ever used, and now that I've broken my last remaining one (and can't find any basically anywhere online...and in local stores), I've been left with the decision to look elsewhere. So far, the Warrior Dolomite is the closest approximation to the SE16 that I've used (although, there are differences in its feel, such as in the shaft's more rounded shape). I had been using Easton's since 2001, so I wasn't very well-informed when I had to start looking for an SE16 replacement (after realizing the EQ50 wasn't doing it for me).

However, if I hear that the Mako is going to basically just be re-branded SE16, I will gladly come back to Easton.

What I was told from my rep:

Mako - SE16-Elite

Mako M5 - ST 2008

Blades -

Mako = SE16

M5 = ST 2010

RS = S19

Shafts -

Mako = SE16

M5 = ST 2010

The blade texture is different on the Mako, but for all intensive purposes it felt like an SE16.

I have a feeling I'm going to get dogged for this, since I'm probably missing something obvious. Is the Mako stick hitting stores in April or March?

April 1 is the target release date for the Mako if I recall correctly. The Chara, Roy, and original Cammalleri/Shanny have been done away with. Not enough demand to make production worth while.

What is the flex profile of the Mako (wondering if it's similar to the new bauer nexus 1000 or apx)? And the RS(totalone)? Also where are the kick points? Or if you guys have more detail on the flex profile, like in the bauer catalogue, that would be cool. (i.e. totalone = soft top, soft middle, stiff bottom, apx = soft top, stiff middle, soft bottom). Thanks.

I don't think Easton has ever released a flex profile diagram in catalog on their more recent products. The Mako series is a low-kick stick if I'm not mistaken, Synergy has always been low, though not as pronounced as in the Widow for example.

It's a "traditional" tapered stick.

So it the RS a low-mid kick stick, maybe more comparable to a totalone? I've read somewhere on here that the elliptical taper moved the kickpoint up a bit, is that true? Is the Mako more comparable to an APX?

So it the RS a low-mid kick stick, maybe more comparable to a totalone? I've read somewhere on here that the elliptical taper moved the kickpoint up a bit, is that true? Is the Mako more comparable to an APX?

the mako, if anything like the se16 and whatnot, does not have an engineered kickpoint to speak of, unlike the APX which is nothing but engineered kick points. the reason why the se16 (mako) kicked low is because the taper naturally flexes more.

the mako, if anything like the se16 and whatnot, does not have an engineered kickpoint to speak of, unlike the APX which is nothing but engineered kick points. the reason why the se16 (mako) kicked low is because the taper naturally flexes more.

thanks for the help. so if I'm understanding correctly the se16/mako has a more linear/consistent flex and it happens to flex low because of the taper design which is thinner than the rest of the shaft which would flex more than the wider/thicker upper part of the shaft, which makes sense. rather than the bauer sticks which are made stiffer and softer in certain areas and thus engineering the kick points.

does the rs use the same philosophy in terms of flex profile? if so it would lead me to believe it's either a more mid-kick stick or a really low kick stick, depending on whether it flexes above or below that elliptical taper, which doesn't look like it should flex at all...

How will the E600 helmet stack up against other helmets in that price range.....ie is it worth waiting for?

EDIT

Thanks JR. I didn't want to wait until June. My 852 was giving me headaches, replacing it was long overdue.

The E700...wow, just wow. Had another lid not fit, I would splurged and got one.

You shouldn't worry about weight so much as how it feels in your hands. I've had heavier sticks that "felt" lighter because they had great balance and vice versa.

I've been searching all morining and cant find out the equivalent to the Easton S19. Is it the RS? I seen a smaller table above comparing the Mako to the EQ50 or SE16, can anyone provide a full table of what new name replaces the old names. THanks in Advance