Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Yes. There will be a teardown and a LTR before launch, which is next month.

has this been done yet? please can you share the link if yes, thanks! very interested in the helmet also.

has this been done yet? please can you share the link if yes, thanks! very interested in the helmet also.

Topics weren't that hard to find, but here you go:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61498-warrior-krown-360-helmet-initial-thoughtsteardown/page__hl__%2Bkrown+%2B360

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61718-warrior-krown-360-helmet/

http://www.modsquadh...ckey-catalogue/

Helmet - With their history in lacrosse, it was only a matter of time until Warrior would produce a helmet, and they have for 2012: the Krown 360. The story with the Krown 360 revolves around a 360° fit; the shell actually is 4 pieces, which are all controlled by a single dial on the back edge of the helmet. When the dial is turned, all four pieces expand or collapse. The other story is that the helmet is that it involves three foams - the majority of the helmet is EPP, but has molded VN on the bottom back as well as the temple area, and topped off with comfort foam. 8 colors, S-XL. There is also a cage which pairs with the Krown 360, which has a multi-density chin cup which is also height-adjustable.

Sticks - The Widow is unchanged for 2012. Diablo also gets a SE; two finishes, matte clear and Velvet grip.

The new Evo is very similar to Dynasty; Axy-Sym tech but with a Linear Taper flex, which is a mid kick (Dynasty is low). Mojo and Vandal stay in the line, but the Bentley and Esquire are now lighter and better balanced. AK27 has been retired.

The Evo is also available in shaft form as it replaces the AK27 in that aspect.

New pattern in the W12 Wisniewski - a low-lie deep mid-heel with an open face.

Will cover the goal sticks in the goal review.

Gloves - Projekt and Koncept have been updated for 2012 - new design (gone are the "bone" rolls) as well as a new graphics package and updated SmartPalm. The Koncept now gets the original SmartPalm and V-Tek liner. Franchise is unchanged, however, the Bonafide becomes the BonafideX; Clarino palm, Bone System for protection (from the Projekt and Luxe) as well as Silver Shield liner; very nice glove.

The Remix and Tempo are also new for 2012 and round out the Evo (traditional glove) line. Flow (Luxe line) unchanged.

Protective - Projekt has been overhauled for 2012; the shoulder pad have improved mobility. Smaller shoulder caps, as well as a new floating spine and sternum pad package. Also, more vest-like as there is an integrated stretchy jacket inside the pad. Elbow pad is a bit more streamlined from the previous iteration. All other lines are unchanged.

New pants in the Projekt and Koncept; the same tech in the shoulder pad's spine/sternum is in the spine pad of the pant. Low-profile kidney pads, dual-belt system, and very mobile. Koncept and Syko follow the Projekt's pant cut.

I normally don't cover baselayer, but this is something interesting; an asymmetric shirt. The Dynasty shirt has a stretchier fabric in specific muscle zones; and it depends on what handness you shoot. So, there's a LH shirt, and a RH shirt, available in long-sleeve and short-sleeve.

Did Warrior change the liner in the Bonafide X? I just picked up a pair and noticed the liner seemed different than my franchise pants. I just checked Warrior's website and it says V-Tek lining. I just looked at the catalog above and it says silver shield... Was a switch made? If so, why?

Hi guys, just a quick Q about the 2012 Projekt gloves --- what sort of padding does it have on the bottom of the glove (the part of your hand that would use if you were karate chopping something, if that helps)? I'm deciding between them and TotalOnes, as I've gotten used to the snug-fitting gloves and those seem like the best options.

I'm using Harrow gloves as my team supplied them, and they had just a bit of foam padding on the underside so I had more than a few bone bruises from opponents trying to lift my stick and catching me on that part of my hands.

Hi guys, just a quick Q about the 2012 Projekt gloves --- what sort of padding does it have on the bottom of the glove (the part of your hand that would use if you were karate chopping something, if that helps)? I'm deciding between them and TotalOnes, as I've gotten used to the snug-fitting gloves and those seem like the best options.

I'm using Harrow gloves as my team supplied them, and they had just a bit of foam padding on the underside so I had more than a few bone bruises from opponents trying to lift my stick and catching me on that part of my hands.

I dunno if these will help. It's a pretty dense foam probably just over 1/4" thick, and its a pretty large section. The entire section where it says "projekt" has the foam. Based on your concern about your stick being lifted, honestly I can't see that being an issue with these gloves.

Qc1oSl.jpg

4XqM1l.jpg

Ah perfect, thanks a lot that helps a ton --- I figured there'd be something there, but wasn't sure what it was. Thanks!

I'm sold on them --- now it's the challenge of finding it online matching my team colours (navy/red/white)!

Wow, WTF happened? For a while there everyone had all the colors (that is, after they had the black only for a couple months). Seems like finding them in anything but black is once again a challenge.

TotalHockey has the Koncept in your colors. Looks very similar, not sure how different the fit is though.

Great Skate has them in "Navy", but I'm not totally positive if that means the colours of your mitts or the one I want, which is navy with a lighter blue through that middle portion. Was hoping for one with a red streak through it but it doesn't look like that's an option, unfortunately.

Took a look at those Koncepts...look brilliant with the navy-white-red. I think it's just a price-point version of the Projekt though, which is a bit of a hassle. I find the lower-priced gloves just age really quickly.

Great Skate has them in "Navy", but I'm not totally positive if that means the colours of your mitts or the one I want, which is navy with a lighter blue through that middle portion. Was hoping for one with a red streak through it but it doesn't look like that's an option, unfortunately.

Took a look at those Koncepts...look brilliant with the navy-white-red. I think it's just a price-point version of the Projekt though, which is a bit of a hassle. I find the lower-priced gloves just age really quickly.

This is Navy:

38615-NV-l.jpg

This is Navy/White/CL

38615-NVWHCL-l.jpg

Looks like you're out of luck for a navy/white/red version.

EDIT: Yep, no blue/white/red.

nzMSS.png