Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hunterh17

question about the old Nike zoom air (Fedorov) skates

i know they made the accel elite skates in white that were a high model skate. but what about the ones in black, some are black/white, all black with green logo, black/copper, white black. do the different colorways represent a different level of skate or are they the same model just different colors? i got some off a friend and the have the blue logo underneath on the outsole and the nike check uner the air zoom on the tongue is blue. im just wondering what model id have then and if theyre decent or just a cool looking beginner built skate. also do they fit traditional like Bauer or are they true to size? thanks

Couple of threads for you:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34075-nike-zoom-airs-was-this-the-high-end-model/

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45605-the-white-nikes-gretzky-played/

From what I gather, if they have a full composite outsole , they are the top of the line air accel elites. Heavy skate, not even that great in their day... but they are still desirable for their aesthetic value. As a teen when they came out, I wanted a pair, until I talked to a trusted proshop owner who told me they were crap.

I have nearly every model, in both colourways white/black, black/white and the black/copper.

if they have a green-blue sole that looks like a carbon sole, you have accel elites. Another way to tell is do they have a cross stitching across the side of the skate? Do you mean the swoosh is an aqua blue on the tongue? again probably air accels and you've been lucky.

I'll check mine when I get home in a couple hours. There's pics of some of mine on here somewhere, just search under my name.

Theyre a heavy skate, but I love them to bits. More than my One95s aesthetically thats for sure.

idk how to post pics on here or i would. they outsole is black, in the middle there is a blue oval with nike swoosh logo. on the tongue it says the zoom air and underneath the swoosh is aqua blue. other than that idk how to tell

The Nike skates from that series fit pretty much true to shoe size. I wear a 10.5 in most Nike's, My 10.5 Zoom Elites are a touch big...a 10 would probably be best. As far as I know they do not follow the same sizing convention of newer NBH or Bauer skates.

that sucks, i got a pair from a friend who lives in ohio. hes shipping them to me. theyre a 9 and i thought itd be perfect bcus i wear a 9 in my vapor xxx's and my total ones. i didnt know they were true to size. i dont plan on using them competitively. just a few times in the beer league

They'll be fine. I have multiple pairs, I'm a 7. Some are 7's, 6's and an 8. Doesn't make much of a difference really. It would if it were a pair of newer skates but since you're only gonna rock them a few times, you will be good to go mate.

alright i can deal with too big cus id be wearing them just for fun games but i cant deal with my toes hurting so bad i cant stand it haha. also Kanya, i noticed you have the white elites with ls2 holders. do they have any issues going on fitment wise?

I'm one of the fastest skaters on my team. If I wear a pair of one90's/One95's or these Nike Zooms it makes little difference with the weight.

Skate weight is yet another over rated thing (imo) and if anything it will help build the muscle in your legs lol

if you're just playing a few pick ups then I wouldnt worry too much :)

Ok so I got the skates in. They are a 9. After checking out the skate I immediately noticed that the holder size on these are 272.that is the same as size 8 in bauer. Size9s take a size 280. So I knew these skates would most likely not work, tried them on and too tight. To hack it. So if anyone else wanted to know how they fit, from my experience at least and I'm not sure if the accel elites made in canada fit diffrerent but they don't quite fit like normal size. I/e shoe size 10 the 9s felt like a shoe size 8.5-9

So what was the final verdict on these? Do they fit true to shoe size or more like modern skates? I'm a 10D in BAUER but shoe size is 11 or 11.5 depending on the make. I had the inline model of these when I was a kid but I shredded those playing outdoors. 

A friend of mine still has a pair of these in Black  Size 11. He's shoe size 11 or 11.5 depending on the show make. So these should fit true to shoe size. I'm trying to get him to part with them because he hasn't skated on them in years.