Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

So I broke my RBZ stick last night. I usually don't take slapshot but took one last night to see how it felt. I broke the stick at the lower end of the shaft. I loved the response and feel of the stick. Only use 4 types of OPS now. THE bauer apx, Warrior Widow/Covert, and the RBZ. Would recommend to a friend. Will buy again

I can't recall seeing this in the thread specifically, but can anyone relate the RBZ to either SE16/One95? Both were my favorite sticks, and seeing as my last SE16 is nearing the end of it's life, I'm looking for a suitable replacement. I've been looking at the Nexus1000, Mako, and RBZ, mainly, however I'm most intrigued by the RBZ. Any opinions or comparisons would be great.

RBZ is about the farthest thing from SE16. Very harsh blade feel, dead feeling blade, poor kick on the shaft. All around a bad stick if you are comparing to Se16

I just got my hands on one of these recently and am ABSOLUTELY in love! I will admit the puck feel is poor. Off the top of my head I would say its the worst of any top of the line stick on the market that I have personally used. This is mostly due to the fact that it is foamless though. However, I have simply, never shot harder in my life. Great release on the stick, but the velocity gain is unreal.

RBZ is about the farthest thing from SE16. Very harsh blade feel, dead feeling blade, poor kick on the shaft. All around a bad stick if you are comparing to Se16

the blade feel is 'ok'. But for the stick not kicking, youre doing something wrong, the stick kicks very hard, probably the nicest sticks for shots out there.

the blade feel is 'ok'. But for the stick not kicking, youre doing something wrong, the stick kicks very hard, probably the nicest sticks for shots out there.

I tried a couple different flexes and none of them seemed to have much kick. I wasn't impressed at all. The radar gun at summer jam backed that up for me as well.

It comes down to technique and how you shoot I guess. I have it and its simply amazing for shooting, I have yet to see anybody complain about how it kicks (its a very very popular stick around here), I know also a couple of Q players that swear by it. I see a lot of pros using it since the lockout ended, there must be something good about it.

But I undestand that in the end it comes down to preference.

I believe the MAKO II is the nicest stick out there. Blows the RBZ away in many facets.

It comes down to technique and how you shoot I guess. I have it and its simply amazing for shooting, I have yet to see anybody complain about how it kicks (its a very very popular stick around here), I know also a couple of Q players that swear by it. I see a lot of pros using it since the lockout ended, there must be something good about it.

But I undestand that in the end it comes down to preference.

So, anyone that doesn't like it has no technique? From what I have seen, people love it or hate it, there are very few in the middle.

IMG_0759_zps326aca40.jpg

what curve is that?

EDIT: never mind, saw post on previous page... this curve compares closest to what??? ...never seen one in stores around me.

what curve is that?

EDIT: never mind, saw post on previous page... this curve compares closest to what??? ...never seen one in stores around me.

If that is the Landeskog (which I believe it is), the only thing in retail stores that even comes close to it is the new E28 pattern offered on eastons new Mako2 line. They are both pretty similar to each other. Beyond the E28, I won't even attempt to tell you that it's "kinda like this" or "a little like that" because simply put, its not.

(Just remembered, I believe the Bergeron curve on the 20k line is the exact same curve.)

What would you guys recommend between the RBZ, mako 2 or dt1? The 20k also intrigues me. How would the puck feel, durabilty, balance and release of these sticks conpare? Thanks guys.

mako 2 is well balanced, extremely light, great feel, and shoots bullets but 2 of them lasted me 1.5 games. both broke right in the middle of the shaft and ive seen many others with this problem. could just be a few isolated incidents.

I am looking at getting a RBZ. .what is the difference between the nugent-hopkins ( old ovechkin) and the lecavalier patterns? There is anything similar to a zetterberg?

For 3-4 years I have been using TPS sticks (r8 and r10) from clearout. I am interested in trying something new more for interest than need. For those with experience with TPS and the new CCM sticks, what are your thoughts on how they compare?

For 3-4 years I have been using TPS sticks (r8 and r10) from clearout. I am interested in trying something new more for interest than need. For those with experience with TPS and the new CCM sticks, what are your thoughts on how they compare?

The first generation U+CL had decent performance but the feel was suspect. Since then, I haven't been impressed by any of the CCM sticks.

ccm has really outdone themself with this stick. i bought one about a month ago. feel is decent, but my god, the flex and shot you get off this beast. i have been trying to find another twig that can beat it. warrior dt1 and ax1 didnt hold a up. tho the dt1 performance was just about on par. right now i have a nxg that i am messing around with. but i take the ccm over them all.