Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

What other skates have you worn? Specifically, any Bauer Vapor? APX?

The last skate I wore was the CCM Crazy Light. I have also used Eq50's and S17's recently. The last bauer skate I wore was the ONE95. I haven't worn a Vapor since the Vapor 20 in 2004.

Tried these on at my LHS yesterday. Really impressed with the out of the box comfort. The interior padding is substantial, and is one of the first skates I probably wouldn't bake for fit. The tongues seemed pretty good as well just the right thickness. Ankle lock was very good- seemingly better than other eastons I've tried on. Build quality looked good on the pair I tried on. Certainly worth a look if you're in the market.

Tried on a pair myself. Was rather sure that these could be my next pair, now I'm not so sure...

They're a bit too soft for a top-end skate and I feel that the heel is a bit wider than in previous Stealth models. Wasn't very comfortable at all.

Really impressed with the new RS Skates! Best fitting skates I have ever put on, and I have worn everything. The responsiveness and weight are awesome and are all around a great feeling skate. Highly recommend these over the total one nxg which I have also skated on.

Got on the ice with mine a few times. Could not be happier with these skates. The most comfortable skate I have ever used and the performance is top notch.

Got on the ice with mine a few times. Could not be happier with these skates. The most comfortable skate I have ever used and the performance is top notch.

Have you ever worn Vapor APX? X:60? Trying to get comparisons...

Have you ever worn Vapor APX? X:60? Trying to get comparisons...

No, I have not worn a vapor skate since they first came out with the vapor line. I wore the vapor xx for a while/

No, I have not worn a vapor skate since they first came out with the vapor line. I wore the vapor xx for a while/

Ok thanks. Trying to get a review from someone who is used to the Vapor line. I have always used Vapors, but can't find a pair of RS locally to try out.

I'm interested to hear first impressions, feel and fit from anyone who was previously wearing Easton EQ50.

I wore the EQ50's for about a year. I loved those skates, but I like the RS even better. I feel like I can turn a litter sharper and have a little more mobility in my RS skates.

Thanks for the replies. I really want to give these a try as my EQ50s are the current best fit for my feet, but still have some disadvantages.

Unfortunately, I'll have to reduce the size of my skate collection before I drop more money on "another" new pair.

I got mine in today and I was a little nervous at first because Easton said that the RS generally fits one size below your shoe size, so I got a 9D (size 10 shoe). When I looked on the outside of the box it said, shoe size 10.5, but when I put them on the felt great...my toe was feathering the front of the toe cap and the volume also felt great. I am skating on them tonight, so I can give a better review then, but the comfort is definitely noticeable. The ankle lock feels good, but I have to agree with AIREAYE on the softness; again, I haven't skated on them yet, but they do feel a bit soft:

They're a bit too soft for a top-end skate and I feel that the heel is a bit wider than in previous Stealth models. Wasn't very comfortable at all.

Also, just standing on them, my high ankle felt a bit loose - perhaps baking them will lock this in, but just seemed a bit strange. More to come...

I found them true to sizing; I fit 8 into RS, Bauer, CCM/Reebok etc. Unlike previous years' Easton skates where one often had to go up in sizing.

Also, I didn't see any baking guidelines in the box...I usually bake my skates at home (175 degrees, 6-8 minutes). Were the guidelines supposed to come with this skate? Are my specs for baking at home appropriate for this skate?

Now that the RS has hit the market, is there any plans for or news about lower models like the 85S?

No lower models planned. Next Easton Skate will be MLS based.

No lower models planned. Next Easton Skate will be MLS based.

That's the one I'm waiting for. Easton skates have always fit my feet well, the S15 was as close to perfect as I could get without customs. MLX skates are like wearing shoes. I don't know if the next skate will incorporate any of the fit or just be purely functional but either way, that'll be the skate that I'll be paying the most attention to when it surfaces.

I ran into one of the MLX ambassadors the other week and he said the new skate was coming out in September/October. I thought it was going to be 2013.

I ran into one of the MLX ambassadors the other week and he said the new skate was coming out in September/October. I thought it was going to be 2013.

So they're saying that it will be Fall 2012?