Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

I ran into one of the MLX ambassadors the other week and he said the new skate was coming out in September/October. I thought it was going to be 2013.

Kind of goes against updating lines in alternating years so you aren't competing against yourself.

Easton hasn't had much rhyme or reason to their skate lines the last few years, making painfully bad moves that seemed to go against common sense. I wouldn't be surprised...

Im thinking about getting the RS too. How about the width compared to Stealth S17?

IMO, the boot isn't as naturally wide as the S17. I compare their D and EE forefoot widths very closely to Supreme actually.

Easton hasn't had much rhyme or reason to their skate lines the last few years, making painfully bad moves that seemed to go against common sense. I wouldn't be surprised...

That's true, though I personally don't care as long as they make a good skate haha.

Guys,

Just to clear the air a little bit:

1. We will be releasing an entire Stealth Line in Spring of 2013.

2. We will also be releasing a skate inspired by the acquisition of the MLX brand in the Spring of 2013.

Does inspired by mean you're actually going to be using some of their tech or is it more like making a movie that was inspired by a gorilla that is actually about dogs.

Does inspired by mean you're actually going to be using some of their tech or is it more like making a movie that was inspired by a gorilla that is actually about dogs.

Best quote ever

But I agree with the question how much of their tech is going to be used?

Sent from my tardis using Tapatalk

In all serious though, Easton, if the MLX 'inspired' skate is going to incorporate their fitting system, ie fitting like a ski boot/shoes/perfect fit... then that is the skate I will wait for. The RS skates seem to be kicking some ass, and I have tried them on and they do fit me pretty well unbaked. Baked, who knows; but I already know that my current MLX skates offer me the best fit and comfort of any skate I've ever owned. My S15's are a decently close second.

Obviously, you can't go into much detail about the skate overall, but a hint in the right direction would suffice. If possible. I am just one person though, I understand that.

Cheers.

In all serious though, Easton, if the MLX 'inspired' skate is going to incorporate their fitting system, ie fitting like a ski boot/shoes/perfect fit... then that is the skate I will wait for. The RS skates seem to be kicking some ass, and I have tried them on and they do fit me pretty well unbaked. Baked, who knows; but I already know that my current MLX skates offer me the best fit and comfort of any skate I've ever owned. My S15's are a decently close second.

Obviously, you can't go into much detail about the skate overall, but a hint in the right direction would suffice. If possible. I am just one person though, I understand that.

Cheers.

I agree with this. I currently swap between MLX and EQ5's. Both have strengths and weaknesses. A merge of the two could be amazing if properly done. If it's more in name than in functionality I'd lean toward an RS. If it's the strengths of the two combined, I'd buy enough pairs to last 10 years.

I wore my RS skates for the 2nd time in an actual game last night, this time they were baked. The support in the high ankle is fine, as opposed to what I thought originally after trying them on. They formed to my foot really well and the performance has seemed great. I have noticed that my feet start to ache a bit after skating for about 10-15 minutes and i also am getting a small blister on the inside of my right arch, which i have never had in any other skate. Not sure why as the fit feels pretty snug and I wear moisture wicking socks. Hopefully these two issues will go away after a skating a bit more. I will go into more depth as I get a few more skates in.

I wore my RS skates for the 2nd time in an actual game last night, this time they were baked. The support in the high ankle is fine, as opposed to what I thought originally after trying them on. They formed to my foot really well and the performance has seemed great. I have noticed that my feet start to ache a bit after skating for about 10-15 minutes and i also am getting a small blister on the inside of my right arch, which i have never had in any other skate. Not sure why as the fit feels pretty snug and I wear moisture wicking socks. Hopefully these two issues will go away after a skating a bit more. I will go into more depth as I get a few more skates in.

looking forward to your reports as I'm another of the Stealth skate users. hopefully this line stays somewhat similar or I'll be looking for another skate line- again.

Thanks for the update. I'm in the same boat and am very very close to just buying a pair to S17s to replace my S15s. There might be a pair of blacks in my size!

I agree with this. I currently swap between MLX and EQ5's. Both have strengths and weaknesses. A merge of the two could be amazing if properly done. If it's more in name than in functionality I'd lean toward an RS. If it's the strengths of the two combined, I'd buy enough pairs to last 10 years.

I personally bought a second pair of mlx's, kinda the combination of better safe than sorry & if ain't broke don't fix it, so I'll be rocking mlx's for the next years, although I am curious about how it's going to turn out with that new stealth line...

got this off of instagram...Andy McDonald's Easton RS skates from the Isles informal skate on thursday. they look pretty good!

*Amac Skates pic*

interesting, he's been a supreme guy the last few seasons. wonder if these stick or if he goes back to bauer...if there's a season.

I disagree. I like the look.

Back on topic. I didn't know Easton put numbers on skates. Is this recently or just starting with the RS?

Bought these a month ago. comfort wise pretty decent, quality wise not so much the boot is separating at the bottom and falling apart. Probably only been on the ice with these half a dozen times. Bought a pair of APX skates recently because of my displeasure with the RS skates I would recommend holding out till the Mako comes out and trying those. The RS skate just is not that well built considering 6 games in men's league and they aren't holding up. Anybody else experienced the boot falling apart? I could have just got chinas finest workmanship.

I thought I posted it a while ago, but I guess I hadn't. This is my review in our marketplace section after a few weeks of use with a brief couple sentences about how they have been since. Overall great. It should say enough that an off the rack retail skate has almost completely replaced my custom S17s as my everyday skate.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62092-easton-rs-skate-review/#entry943373

They have been great and I have no complaints about them. Any questions I'd be happy to answer, here, there or on PM.