Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phunky_monkey

Nexus 800 Skates - anyone have them yet?

Digging up an old thread... well the honeymoon is over with my rbk 14k skates... started to get liner tears above the inside first eyelet. No more midrange skates for me.

Anyway Hockey Giant was awesome. They took my 14ks back as defects and gave me full store credit.

So 3 hours later after trying on over a dozen skates I left with Nexus 800's.

Wow are these skates awesome. Super supple feel. Plenty stiff, sweet doubled felt tongue. Clarion liner, custom foot bed. What more can I ask for.

Fit for me wide in toe and forefoot, deep instep, tight heel. These skates were designed for my foot :)

Baked and skated on them that night for a few hours and no pain.

I ended up going down another half size in these to a 7E from 7.5e in other models. I have no empty space in these skates even after baking and 3 hour skate my toes still feather the toe cap...absolutely perfect fit.

I tried on the 1000 but didn't like the forefoot being straight tapered.

Same here, didn't like the fit of the 1000's so I went with the 800's.

Agree, also, besides the fit, for $150 more you get a the TUUK LS Fusion, seamless heel role, and lighter quarter package which all equal 100 gram less weight. If the fit was the same, these additions would not warrant the jump for "me". Besides, I could always buys Fusion runners for a $100 bucks and cut 30 grams if it made a difference in my skating (which it wouldn't at my level.)

Gio, how's the arch? For reference, I use Superfeet Blacks (flat arch, low volume). The arch on SF Yellows is way to high for me.

Gio, how's the arch? For reference, I use Superfeet Blacks (flat arch, low volume). The arch on SF Yellows is way to high for me.

The arch is medium/low on with the stock insoles

How would you guys compare the 1000, 800, 600, 5000 and 6000?

These are all under $300 (in various states of new and used)

I tried on the 6000s and really liked them.

How do they compare for 'features'

The 6000 replaced the 800, yes?

I believe the 7000 replaced the 800, as the 8000 replaced the 1000.

How would you guys compare the 1000, 800, 600, 5000 and 6000?

These are all under $300 (in various states of new and used)

I tried on the 6000s and really liked them.

How do they compare for 'features'

The 6000 replaced the 800, yes?

The 8000 with curv composite is a closer to a new tier in the Nexus line, no equivalent in past line
New 7000 = Between Old 1000 and old 800

New 6000 = Old 600

I'm doing this based on material comparisons. Price comparisons are what grnmtnvt has listed.

I just bit the bullet and got these for $225 on Hockey Monkey with the 25% off voucher.

Hoping they fit well.

The 6000s were super comfy and they're supposed to be based on these