Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

romdj

Inserts/ foaming the toe cap

hey guys, I have a little room on my mlx skates, but haven't been provided the hd foam inserts, does anyone know where I could just make my own? I've heard it was just regular hd foam, if so it shouldn't be hard to find would it? (heat moldable foam inserts would be the cherry on my sundae). And if it's too hard to find those, then how can I make the similar effect to the totalone & apx skates against the toe cap?

Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated!

My advice would be to stop trying to make up for a poor fit.

I would agree, except that it's not poor fit as they feel snug and comfortable around my feet but poor length availability. and I like feeling the end of the boot with my toes. nothing uncomfortable, but it would add a little more comfort if I had that feeling up front

If you can feel the end with your toe, there is no room for an insert. "Poor length availability" means they are not the right size and you know it.

If you can feel the end with your toe, there is no room for an insert. "Poor length availability" means they are not the right size and you know it.

yeah I do, it's not perfect and I am indeed aware of that :facepalm: there's too much room up front. :angry:

sell them and buy skates that actually fit. Stuffing something in the toe is not an acceptable solution for a poor fit.

sell them and buy skates that actually fit. Stuffing something in the toe is not an acceptable solution for a poor fit.

I did, graf g7 on their way. heard so much about them I had to pull the trigger. I'd still be interested to hear what was the kind of hd foam mlx were using in order to sell full sizes

Didn't MLX originally include the inserts because they didn't sell half sizes?

they absolutely did, it's just that when I saw what this boot-doc company did, it reminded me of my very old topic.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2012 at 1:16 AM, romdj said:

yeah I do, it's not perfect and I am indeed aware of that :facepalm: there's too much room up front. :angry:

It MIGHT help, then again it might not.  Try putting a thing dress sock on first and then whatever normal sock you would put on prior to donning your skates.  This might fill-the-void?  I know that feet change shape -- certain circumstances cause things to change. so what might be a great fit at one time, can devolve into a poor fit under other circumstances and what with the costs of skates today,   You can't (at least most of us can't) switch skates just because it got a little loser after ALL the swelling went down (when you thought it already had) when you foot got ran over by a car...  It happens! 

Yet another 'technique' is to place a small amount of cotton balls -- much less than you think) in your sock, between your toes etc., when you foot is going to be covered by your sock.  You are just adding bulk, that's all.  Just remember, when you think that you have it 'mapped out' as to how much to use, reduce that by half and then later on make adjustments.