Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuckerhockey13

Labeling your Pucks

Im going to be going to some Stick time (or stick and puck as some call it) and i need to bring my own pucks. What is the best way to label my pucks so i can get the right ones back?

Unspoken/written rule : Take a puck, leave a puck; if you bring 3 pucks and you end up taking your 3 plus an extra, you might want to leave your next shinny by leaving one behind. At least that's how it mostly goes around here. Even if you end up having less pucks overall, it shouldn't be a hassle to pick up a bunch as they're only $1 each. I would consider it part of the cost of playing shinny, much in the same way as tape. :)

Definitely want to use a silver sharpie...or if you have colored pucks to help you tell the difference.

There is that unwritten rule about take a puck, leave a puck. I've come home with no pucks and a few weeks later having friends find them or just ending up picking up a puck and finding it was one of mine.

I use waterproof markers than come in different colors. Use a simple but obvious design that can be recognized from about 10 feet away. I use my initials in different colors, one for each letter. I also do the design on both sides.

My marker of choice is decocolor by marvy.

Unless you have some sort of special emotional attachment to your pucks, why is this even an issue?

I've shown up to shinny with 3 or 4 brand new pucks and left with 3 or 4 chipped up, cracked, POS pucks. Then, at the next session, I ended up with 4 different pucks altogether.

It's just the way she goes...

Unless you have some sort of special emotional attachment to your pucks, why is this even an issue?

I've shown up to shinny with 3 or 4 brand new pucks and left with 3 or 4 chipped up, cracked, POS pucks. Then, at the next session, I ended up with 4 different pucks altogether.

It's just the way she goes...

Yeah, around here its considered douchy to come with your heirloom puck & expect to go home with it.

That said, I'm extremely annoyed by kids that are dropped off by their moms without pucks & circle like vultures waiting for a loose puck to jack.

Yeah, around here its considered douchy to come with your heirloom puck & expect to go home with it.

That said, I'm extremely annoyed by kids that are dropped off by their moms without pucks & circle like vultures waiting for a loose puck to jack.

Right! I don't mind coming home with a different puck or even loosing pucks from time to time. What I do mind is subsidizing all of the fourteen year olds that come without pucks. On more than one occasion I have made the mistake of loaning them pucks only to have them bolt a few minutes before it is over, with the pucks. Do they really think that they are pulling the crime of the century by getting out with a couple of pucks that cost a dollar each.

^ lmao

Honestly though, I've come to acquire some pretty cool pucks through one avenue or another. I have a brand new MTL Canadiens puck (which will be signed one day) and a NHL 75th anniversary puck that I got when I was a kid.

If it's worth keeping, don't take it.

Cut the guy some slack. He asked a simple question. If you think labelling pucks is a waste of effort, I would think taking the time to use your keyboard to ridicule someone is right up there.

Oh, I think it's a fine question, I just felt like there were enough serious silver sharpie answers already. I use one all the time at work on items submerged in water.

Thanks for all the replies. I know its not a huge deal, but I had never been to a stick time and the rink sounded pretty adamit about "bring your own pucks", so I thought that I would keep my pucks separate from the others...