Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lachlan

Warrior Kopitar vs. Bauer Backstrom

Hey guys,

My understanding is the Kopitar and Backstrom curves are clones. My son has the Kopitar which is a lie 4, and I am thinking of getting him a bauer stick with a backstrom curve which indicates lie 6. I realize that Warrior measures lie differently than Bauer but can I assume since the two blades are clones that the lie should be the same too? Thanks!

That's my understanding as well, so even though these are listed as clones, the Bauer should have a higher true lie than the Warrior. Thanks again.

Warrior's lie's are lower because they measure the lie from the heel instead of the center of the blade like everyone else. The blade patterns should have the same lie as all the other clones. Although, the kopitar is a standard warrior lie 5. So the lie 4 kopitar might be similar to the Backstrom Lie 5 in Bauer.

They're both based off the same pattern (Easton Sakic) but there are subtle differences. The Bauer doesn't seem as deep or as open as the Warrior. The Bauer appears to be a little more toe where the Warrior is a true mid. Look at them by themselves and you'll probably never notice, put them side by side and you can see the subtle differences.

Thanks everyone. My concern was more the lie rather than the blade itself, but what I gather from your helpful responses is the JR Backstrom lie 6 will have a higher lie than the JR Warrior Kopitar lie 4. I would like my son to try a higher lie so this sounds great. Thanks again.

A warrior lie 4 is a standard lie 5.

Not always, please stop repeating that as if it were always the case

Warrior's lie's are lower because they measure the lie from the heel instead of the center of the blade like everyone else.

Exactly correct and because of that, the larger the rocker on the bottom, the farther "off" the number will be. On flat bottom blades, it is usually very close.

You must be comparing jr sticks, because once you get to int, the Warrior is listed as a 5 lie.

However, even though they are listed as 4 and 6, if you hold them up to each other, they are virtually identical. The toe and the heel of both line up almost exactly with the Warrior rockering slightly more.

If you have a chance to look at them both, hold them up and see what you think because they are not nearly as far apart as the 4/6 lie ratings make them sound. Your son should have no problem using either of them.

Going between the two patterns feels a little odd to me for about a game or two, although it's not a major adjustment. For them to feel the same, I need to use the p92s/Backstroms about 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter than the Kopitars/Drapers. I like the Warrior curve a little better because of the rocker.