Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought a nxg on kijiji from a guy, I already suspected it could be fake because he was selling it for 150 but decided to check it out anyway. I bought it and i feel like there are some imperfections that give it away. Anyway ill go to a store tomorrow and compare with a real retail one and ill know for sure. The spiral grip is what makes it look the most fake to me, I also scanned the UPC code with android app and it didnt find anything. Could you guys post same pics as me to compare? Its a p92 102 RH griptac NXG. I also took off the top plug and i saw APX written inside for some reason. Weird stuff. Am I just paranoid or are my suspicions founded?

Here are some pics(dunno how to upload directly here..doesnt allow me)

http://imageshack.us/g/202/img20130506034325.jpg/

What do you guys think?

It's probably a pro stock is there a space by your top hand that says p92 102 an then there will be a code if its a true nxg or apx I couldn't pull up the picture so can't say for sure.

i hope counterfeiting doesnt become prevailabt in the hockey industry now. its taken over the guitar world with high end guitars being replicated near perfectly to the passerbyer. its a shame.

From just the pics it actually looks pretty legit. Based on a couple of them, it looks like it should be the grip version, retail as well since the pattern and flex labels match the retail version.

Was the seller selling it as new or used? Were there factory applied labels on the butt end or blade?

Theres only a label on the blade, I scanned the UPC code with an app and nothing showed up on google, ill compare with a retail one today. Also the spiral grip just feels wrong, its deffinitely different from total one that i have, theres too many of these little ribs and they are too long and i looked at NXG videos on youtube and the rib spiral feels less visible that on the stick. Also where the blade joins the shaft its not completely smooth its like theres a line that you can feel when you pass your finger and i dont have that on my T1.

Also where the blade joins the shaft its not completely smooth its like theres a line that you can feel when you pass your finger and i dont have that on my T1.

My NXG has that same little ridge for what it's worth.

can you post a pic?

The stick is at home - what did you want to see a pic of specifically, the fuse-point of the blade/shaft? It's not really noticeable unless you run your fingers down it. Mine is the European only version (SE) - so my graphics are slightly different that US retail.

not really, jimmy

there's a thread on this site about Bauer pro stock codes

Your stick is a APX repainted as a NXG. It is still a very good stick/deal for 150$.

does the blade have the gritty sandpaper finish to it?

no its not a sand paper finish but its not a smooth finish either, its kinda rugged.

Also i dont think its an apx repaint because apx and nxgs dont have the same shaft shape apx is more rounded. Its the spiral grip that looks totaly fake on the nxg its not at all like in the store.

and the writing where it says backstrom 102 pro flex doesnt even look straight

And anyway prostock sticks dont keep the retail name "backstrom" on them, they actually put the name of the player that is using it.

Normally but the college team I work for gets sticks in every once in awhile with a retail name on it. I just figured it was some kind of marketing ploy to make it look like what's exactly in the store.

Let's see you bought a stick on Kijiji, that's like buying a gold watch from a guy on the corner.

I have been buying/selling sticks on kijiji for the last 5 years or so, never had an issue.

not really, jimmy

there's a thread on this site about Bauer pro stock codes

Your stick is a APX repainted as a NXG. It is still a very good stick/deal for 150$.

yea I guess if you have the codes before you buy, that's a good way to know what you are getting. I've seen some very bad ebay deals.

I guess if there's any way you can weigh it, that might also be another telling sign.