Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcb33

55 Flex- Improves skate flex

A great idea and I can definitely imagine it working as advertised. However, I'm wondering why he decided to launch it as his own company since there is only a single product at the moment. I wonder if he approached a company like Sidelines Sports to get distribution going?

The naming is confusing, what does the 55 mean (Crowder wore 25)? One wouldn't think of skating mechanics here, more like a whippy intermediate stick.

If he'll be selling them this summer, then where?

Interested to see what happens here.

Is there not an e-mail I would just email Troy. I spoke to him last month in my shop he stopped by but he was finishing production........they should be ready now?

Anyone heard from 55Flex or seen there product available anywhere? I've tried contact them several times and never got any response. I'm really keen to try these....

Anyone heard from 55Flex or seen there product available anywhere? I've tried contact them several times and never got any response. I'm really keen to try these...

Sorry I have been super busy with camps. I will try and find something out this week! i know they made a huge difference in my son's new skates.

Anyone heard from 55Flex or seen there product available anywhere? I've tried contact them several times and never got any response. I'm really keen to try these....

I've done the same, no response. You would think a start up company would be more responsive to potential customers even if they don't have product available yet to sell.

They might be selling an idea more than a product at this point. If they had the wares to sell, they'd shoot you an email right back.

Or they're dolts.

I attended a convention earlier this season and Troy presented his product. It really is an interesting product. It is just a piece of plastic that bolts onto the top three eyelets of the boot, with a thin piece of foam over the inside of the eyelets to eliminate friction. It allows for forward flex without compromising lateral support. When you tie your skates the plastic extensions will actually wrap with the laces, so your skates will still be snug to your ankle but you will now have space for your leg to move forward. It allows you to have a greater knee bend. It also will help to alleviate lace bite for players who have a volume issue simply by giving more space. I'm planning to order a set to try with some of my players.

Sorry I have been super busy with camps. I will try and find something out this week! i know they made a huge difference in my son's new skates.

Sorry I didn't mean that as you should find something out for us. I was just using your post as the last contact anyone had with the company. I appreciate you digging around though as I'm sure all of us here do.

Just got a reply via email from Troy:

Thank you for your interest in my new product 55Flex. I would like to sincerely apologize for the late response being a new company we ran into a few difficulties with the website and I have also finally secured the plastic material from a reliable supplier.

My product 55Flex will be available near the end of September. We will notify you when it is ready for purchase either thru the website or a list of sport stores that will be carrying the product.

Thank you for your patience,

Troy Crowder

705-717-5227

Just got a reply via email from Troy:

Thank you for your interest in my new product 55Flex. I would like to sincerely apologize for the late response being a new company we ran into a few difficulties with the website and I have also finally secured the plastic material from a reliable supplier.

My product 55Flex will be available near the end of September. We will notify you when it is ready for purchase either thru the website or a list of sport stores that will be carrying the product.

Thank you for your patience,

Troy Crowder

705-717-5227

Troy was int he shop yesterday and confirmed all the components are in and just waiting on the hardware and should be available as per above. The last week of September. I know I will be carrying them for sure!

Anyone seen these in the wild? I got an email saying the would be ready to go for mid October and that Source for Sports would be carrying them, but I still haven't seen them available anywhere yet. Have you received your stock OTG?

They will be available for online sales starting Monday. They are now packaged and ready to go! Talked to Troy today at the Source show! Asked me to let everyone know he was sorry for all the delays as they got things all sorted!

Any updates on these? They were very intriguing.

Funny that you posted today--I just remembered this thread today as well.

Crowder has been posting stuff to YouTube recently, including this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6NC_kg3HA

So it turns out the "55" is for degrees--your shin is at a 55 degree angle when the product is properly sized and fitted.

His website now has a selling link.

seems like a real attempt to gain some better characteristics in the current wave of frankestein boots. so good on that.

but why can't skate design engineers build in some progressive, predictable forward flex in a +$500 product (and still retain the holy graIl of lateral stiffness)? I don;t believe this would be rocket science any more.

Would actually be a real differentiation between the top line stuff and the lower product levels.

Wouldnt mind giving these a try....But not for $56.50

I thought it was pricey too. Four small sheets of plastic + some nuts and bolts.

I have some medical grade formable plastic for making thumb guards for my son who is a catcher..Might see if it is strong enough and spend some time at the hardware store and workshop.