Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

If I were to guess I'd say they're a prototype of a lower level Mako skate that wasn't released with the original Makos. Since the protective line had three tiers (Mako, M5 and M3) and the M3 was the lowest I'd guess this was also supposed to be the lower end model, but only select insiders would know for sure. Since there's no warranty and you can find original Makos with a warranty for as low as $300 Canadian I wouldn't consider them at the ebay price (obviously higher than $225US since there's a reserve that hasn't been met) especially with no steel...the buy it now price is nuts.

The Kijiji price of $150 with steel isn't as crazy, but in my opinion it's still too high for a skate that may be a price point skate and has no warranty. They do come with CXN holders and steel so if they sold for anything close to $60 (what the holders and steel sell for) they may be worth a gamble even if the boots don't work out (if the holders are your size).

If I were to guess I'd say they're a prototype of a lower level Mako skate that wasn't released with the original Makos. Since the protective line had three tiers (Mako, M5 and M3) and the M3 was the lowest I'd guess this was also supposed to be the lower end model, but only select insiders would know for sure. Since there's no warranty and you can find original Makos with a warranty for as low as $300 Canadian I wouldn't consider them at the ebay price (obviously higher than $225US since there's a reserve that hasn't been met) especially with no steel...the buy it now price is nuts.

The Kijiji price of $150 with steel isn't as crazy, but in my opinion it's still too high for a skate that may be a price point skate and has no warranty. They do come with CXN holders and steel so if they sold for anything close to $60 (what the holders and steel sell for) they may be worth a gamble even if the boots don't work out (if the holders are your size).

Prototype, or a pre-release some people got their hands on.

Yes, a sales sample (as indicated in picture 3 of the ebay listing) that was sent to stores for possible booking orders, but then that model was never released.

Other companies like Bauer and CCM have three complete lines of skates. It would make sense for Easton to have at least a high, mid and lower end model in one line. If that's the lower end model it certainly wouldn't make sense to pay as much or more for it then the older top of the line Mako without warranty on eBay though.

I never understood why people sell used jocks, i see it too often on local listings, ebay and even here on msh theres a guy selling his used jocks, i just dont get it.

Guy selling kids used jock for more than what it sells in stores probably : http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hockey/ouest-de-lile-qc/short-porte-coquille-de-hockey-bauer-vapor-pour-enfant/1042214770?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That C/A looks similar to the stuff I used to wear when I played goal as a kid.

That doesn't sound like a vote of confidence. I mean, some of it's probably okay for street/ball hockey, sure...

I just bought a pair of MX3's off a guy on eBay that he listed as retail. Except in the pic they had LS3 steel, not Fusion. So I asked about it, he said they came like that but he had a set of Fusion he could put on for me. One of the pics in the listing was the custom order spec sticker on the box that specifies skate size and specs (it listed LS3 edge steel). I asked if they were custom and if there were any other changes to them. He said no, they were from the store, just the steel was different. So I bought them with the Fusion steel. I got them yesterday. They don't have the free flex tendon guard, it's the fixed one from the 180 skate. There is no size tag on the tongue. There is writing in the bottom of the skate with the size and specs. The box doesn't have the retail size sticker on it, it has the custom spec sticker (which has been half torn off, likely to hide the custom tendon guard). I don't want these skates. The seller insists they are retail from a store. So now I have to deal with an eBay dispute because this guy is either an idiot, a liar, or both.

I just bought a pair of MX3's off a guy on eBay that he listed as retail. Except in the pic they had LS3 steel, not Fusion. So I asked about it, he said they came like that but he had a set of Fusion he could put on for me. One of the pics in the listing was the custom order spec sticker on the box that specifies skate size and specs (it listed LS3 edge steel). I asked if they were custom and if there were any other changes to them. He said no, they were from the store, just the steel was different. So I bought them with the Fusion steel. I got them yesterday. They don't have the free flex tendon guard, it's the fixed one from the 180 skate. There is no size tag on the tongue. There is writing in the bottom of the skate with the size and specs. The box doesn't have the retail size sticker on it, it has the custom spec sticker (which has been half torn off, likely to hide the custom tendon guard). I don't want these skates. The seller insists they are retail from a store. So now I have to deal with an eBay dispute because this guy is either an idiot, a liar, or both.

There is a special make-up skate that Bauer sells -- MX3 'Pro Spec' -- which is available at retail locations (haven't seen any myself, though, so I'm not sure where they'd be) that has the features you listed. It would not have the writing on the interior of the skate, however, and it would have a size tag. Stick Fix Texas is selling them, they're on eBay now. They list them as pro-stock, which is not true, as they're made in China, not Canada, and are not produced by the custom team.

eBay disputes are a pain, sorry man.