Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Anybody get to try the v9 or v9e yet?

What the difference in the tapers? Do you you like the elliptical taper better?

One has an elliptical taper, one does not.

Pretty obvious when he said he liked the one without the elliptical taper on it better...

Tried the V9E, and currently have two of them. It's my new favorite stick. I liked the original RS more than the RSII, but I like the V9E better than both of them.

So the stick you got, did it have one of their special curves made for it? How does shooting feel off of it, accurate? Hard? How's stick handling?

Tried the V9E, and currently have two of them. It's my new favorite stick. I liked the original RS more than the RSII, but I like the V9E better than both of them.

Krev is it correct that the P7 Iginla pattern is discontinued? I know the E36 is a P88 clone and I was under the impression that it is replacing the E7.

Krev is it correct that the P7 Iginla pattern is discontinued? I know the E36 is a P88 clone and I was under the impression that it is replacing the E7.

I have no idea what is replacing what. All I know is that they are axing the Heatley and I am extremely disappointed that I have to move back to the Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg/Camm/Whatever without the square toe.

The ones I have right now are Sakic clones, and I don't mind them but I much prefer the straighter closed blades.

So the stick you got, did it have one of their special curves made for it? How does shooting feel off of it, accurate? Hard? How's stick handling?

Nothing 'special' about the curves. Easton is just the first to really market the concept of a rockered blade like this. Shooting is accurate, and I feel like the "sweet spot" area is larger now.

I see that Easton now has these sticks up on their site. Do we have a list of the curves that will be available for these sticks yet?

The E7 "Iginla" will still be available in the V9/V9E, but not in the lower price-point sticks. The Heatley is out, and so is the Parise.

I don't think the E36 is an exact clone of the P88, I think the E36 is a lower lie, but I haven't seen them side by side.

I want to make sure this is correct; So the Parise WILL NOT be available in either models?

The Parise is 100% out. It's not available on any model.

Just to be straight. The V9 is tapered for a low kick point like the mako.

The V9E is also tapered, but with the elliptical taper for an even lower kick point like the stealth?

Just to be straight. The V9 is tapered for a low kick point like the mako.

The V9E is also tapered, but with the elliptical taper for an even lower kick point like the stealth?

V9= Mako style

V9e= RS style

Do note that Easton usually has a very square shaft feel and the feel of the stick is different. I've tried both and bc of the shaft alone I can't use the Easton. Love the dt1 though.

I am having a hard time understanding the colors being what they are. Being that the MAKO skate and previous Mako stick was with the orange and now they went Orange on the V9E instead of the V9. I think the White on the V9 would have looked hot if it were on the forehand oppose to the back. Just my opinion of course.

Been using a Pro Stock V9 for the past week and I am loving it. It kicks better than the original RS in my opinion, can't compare it to the RSII as I never got one of those. Love the pro stock all black graphics, but the retail is not very appealing.