Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ID Rollerpop

Problem with Easton EQ50 Elbow pads

About nine months ago I bought a pair of EQ50 Jr. Large elbow pads for my son who is a A level Peewee. They worked great through the season and I really like the design and they still fit very well. However in the last month he mentioned that the velcrow on the straps doesn't stick any more. I didn't think anything about it until he asked for more sock tape to tape his elbow pads on. I took a look at them when we got home from camp a few days ago and it seems that almost all of the hooks have fallen of the hook side of the velcro. Has anyone else notice this problem and does anyone have any idea if there is any sort of warantee offered on protective products that might come to our aide?

I've never used the EQ50 pads specifically, but after a while Velcro can loose its effectiveness - the Velcro on the liners of my old Nike V14 shins doesn't work well anymore, but they did see over 5 years of use. Having this problem after 1 year does seem a little premature, however; most protective has a 90 day warranty and 1 year is well beyond that time.

With that said, I know you can buy Velcro strips and patches. In this video comparing the Projekt and TotalOne elbows this guy uses a Velcro like product he picked up from Walmart on the TotalOnes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPss_1foblc

It looks easy enough to apply in the video and didn't require sewing. I haven't seen that specific product near me (he holds up the box in the video), but have used Velcro type strips from the dollar store around the house that would probably work (the adhesive isn't that strong on those though so they may need to be sewn on if you go that route).

I have the exact same model and size (junior L) and the velcro won`t stick anymore after one year of use... I do put it in the washing machine.

Bring them to a tailor / cleaners. They should be able sew in a new patch of "hooks". Assuming it just the layer of elastic it was attached to. Guessing these are couple years old, eq line has been discontinued a while hasn't it? Even if still under warranty you likely need to send them to easton. I expect under $ 10 for the repair. If you feel cheated on the lifespan bring the receipt to your lhs and talk with them. Maybe they give you a couple rolls of tape or a free sharpening to offset it. That was the solution that made me satisfied on a pair pants a couple years back when the stitching came out after a month. This xmas, got my kid a bag and by the time the season was over stitching came out of the zipper. Had it restitched and took a picture to the lhs. I told lhs I expected it got stepped on but no cuts to the fabric. He gave me a couple rolls of tape and thanked me for the feedback. First potential problem he saw in this line of bags since a new company took over. Great opportunity to build a relationship with your lhs.