Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

Miseaujeu, Keith, (not sure what you prefer here on the forums)

All sounds really cool and not just for the top tier sticks either. it seems like the competitive $100 stick range has been improved immensely and you have done a lot to make the $150 range option relevant. I know with the latter a lot of companies have said its like a "dead zone" and when people go to spend over $100 they do tend to go all the way up the ladder. Its also great for the budget guys a lot of that tech is trickling down the line and even the bottom entry tier has a lot to brag about, i mean you still get the DT2 tech, unispar, true1lt, and even the blade foam was used in the top of the line widow less than 2 years ago. thats really a lot packed into a stick.

But.... I am a spoiled player and made the mistake of trying the top tier sticks a couple of years ago and im addicted.

- For the diamond grip i would like to see that in person and even for the little bit of weight it adds its crazy you guys went to the thought of adjusting the size of the texture in certain places to maximize grip and weight balance. i wonder how the texture near the top hand will feel, maybe if its enough i wont use the "candy-caned twisted tape" method under my butt end grip. i use regular renfrew cloth tape and go real low with it (imagine zetterberg's but lower) and i would like to see how the new texture is particularly on low grindy faceoffs.

- I like that the spars are extended and i think it reinforces the true 1 construction of your sticks. especially for roller sessions where puck feel is harder to accomplish i think it really gives a nice natural puck feel were other sticks feel "deader". As a guitar builder one thing you learn is that the less "joints" or "breaks" there are in the construction the better the sound and vibration will flow through the instrument. I see this at work with the warrior sticks. Maybe one day (and maybe your R&D team is already on top of it) but those spars will be extended up through the shaft to where your hands are to really have the energy flow

- Im looking forward to see how the uni-directional fibers hold up and how long they retain their pop. Im guessing that with those fibers there, it would actually help keep that "like new" pop going. I cant wait to see how it feeds back to those quick-in-traffic wrist shots.

- Are grip sticks really that popular? i know as kids we would all go crazy bc they used to be like $5 more and have that special grip denotation so we all thought it was special. does that trend extend into the pro preference as well?

Once again i cant wait for the sticks, and if you guys decide to offer some up to the MSH long term review program I hope one of the players you guys are seeking is a "beer enjoying, beard adorned, Scorpio with a soft spot for puppies" because i fit that very well. but really thanks again for your time.

[quote name="Souldriver" post="976221" timestamp="1375751481

Once again i cant wait for the sticks, and if you guys decide to offer some up to the MSH long term review program I hope one of the players you guys are seeking is a "beer enjoying, beard adorned, Scorpio with a soft spot for puppies" because i fit that very well. but really thanks again for your time.

Or a 15 year old kid just trying to get better and make it to the next level, who you adults would think me as a stupid teen who does stupid things, lol.

Ok well anyways are you guys still offering the burrows pattern for this stick? I hope so.

Warrior doesn't choose the testers.

Yes I know, I know and it was in light jest. but even if that was the astranged demographic being looked for I'm pretty sure I still wouldnt be picked due to the fact that I'll probably already have a dt1lt because I'm craving one so bad an may be waiting at my hockey shop for it to open on launch day then come here to tell you all about it and if I got one it would be redundant and maybe this is a little but of a run on but I really am really excited...::pants for breath after spewing that all out::...

Synopsis: Sorry I'm just legit excited for this and I'm not one to get excited over new hockey gear. :straps on his 12 year old elbow pads:

I'm excited for this line, it sounds like Warrior has made some nice improvements over the last generation, especially in the middle tiers. In the past I didn't have great luck with Warrior products durability wise. With the original DT1 Warrior talked a lot about how they tried to increase the durability of the DT1 and I must say they did an amazing job. My DT1 has held up great. After close to a year of use it still shoots great and there have only been a couple of small chips. I will be seriously look at the Covert ST when it comes out, since even though my DT1 is great I think the flex profile on the ST may suit me a little better. Also the fact that they offer a Drury curve is a huge plus for me

Yes I know, I know and it was in light jest. but even if that was the astranged demographic being looked for I'm pretty sure I still wouldnt be picked due to the fact that I'll probably already have a dt1lt because I'm craving one so bad an may be waiting at my hockey shop for it to open on launch day then come here to tell you all about it and if I got one it would be redundant and maybe this is a little but of a run on but I really am really excited...::pants for breath after spewing that all out::...

Synopsis: Sorry I'm just legit excited for this and I'm not one to get excited over new hockey gear. :straps on his 12 year old elbow pads:

It's not a good look, that's all. Keith spends a lot of time helping us out here...

It's not a good look, that's all. Keith spends a lot of time helping us out here...

Thanks JR.

I'm happy to help where I can.

Thanks to Souldriver for expressing your excitement!

I'm glad to hear when we are doing some things right and it really helps push us further. Thanks for all your positive comments and I'm sure the positive comments you give to your locker room/beer league players.

Word of mouth from "real users" is the most powerful marketing tool...that's why I'm here to help.

Word of mouth from "real users" is the most powerful marketing tool...that's why I'm here to help.

It definitely is :)

Think Warrior will experience another boost in its stick category when people are aware that durability is no longer an issue and that responsiveness of the blade has improved.

Once again I apologize, and it seems Keith sees my enthusiasm toward the topic and I hope this all goes down all in good fun. And yes, you can say it again, Keith really does put in time here.

And yeah word of mouth can make something sink or swim especially in the super fast spreading era of the internet. Ever since I put the dt1 through it's paces you can bet I have been letting teammates and inquiring refs/opposing players know how I feel. I even traded sticks with my teammate for a couple of shifts and he seemed impressed. I have also been a long time warrior glove user and love them, I still have my original kingpin gloves sitting as backups and the palms are still soft. And i wont call myself a warrior fanboy but everything warrior I have tried I ended up loving and with these new sticks it really shows warrior keeps doing their homework and is delivering more of what I want and it does get me antsy.

I am sure this has been asked already, but when is the release date for this line? I bought my daughter a Widow due to the 40 flex option and it made ALL The difference in the world with her shot. She is sold on Warrior sticks and has already outgrown her Widow... so I am needing to replace it. Been waiting for these to be released first though.

Since W28 is a new pattern, we wanted to offer it in Grip only since 75% sales today are in Grip finish. Clear sales are really dwindling and it's much easier on dealers, and honestly Warrior, to carry less skus. Sorry...

Really? 75% grip, I had no idea. I guess I'm in the minority with stick preferences as I hate grip and all the toe curves that I like keep getting discontinued.

Really? 75% grip, I had no idea. I guess I'm in the minority with stick preferences as I hate grip and all the toe curves that I like keep getting discontinued.

I'm not a fan of grip either...so we're both "unique" to the market (I'm an old Polarfiber proponent). Remember, most sales (in bulk) come from travel/house kids...they've grown up with grip sticks their whole lives now.

I am sure this has been asked already, but when is the release date for this line? I bought my daughter a Widow due to the 40 flex option and it made ALL The difference in the world with her shot. She is sold on Warrior sticks and has already outgrown her Widow... so I am needing to replace it. Been waiting for these to be released first though.

Covert DT1LT and DT1ST will hit Warrior dealers' floors on September 12. The remaining product in the line will launch Oct15.

Note - DT1ST is not offered in Jr. We didn't see the need for all the STrong construction additions on lower flexes.

Thanks for sharing your info on your daughter's flex. Very cool to hear that our "step up" flex strategy is working for her...In fact, the additions of 40 and 55 flex really do help female AND male players develop and step up as they grow.

Time for my broken record post, Iginla/P12 type pattern please.

I have not heard this request from dealers ... yet. I'll work on it and get a business case going for demand in market. Stay tuned.

My only compiant is soooo far away lol. I loved the e28 pattern but durability has always been an issue for me from that other company. After seeing the DT1 getting stick of the year and your posts stating the durability is a major concern for warrior and activly making changes to improve it. I am very excited to make the switch. W28 at the 99$ price point is amazing. I will be picking one up first day. I can only hope it dosnt suffer the same fate as the gionta in the following years.

My only compiant is soooo far away lol. I loved the e28 pattern but durability has always been an issue for me from that other company. After seeing the DT1 getting stick of the year and your posts stating the durability is a major concern for warrior and activly making changes to improve it. I am very excited to make the switch. W28 at the 99$ price point is amazing. I will be picking one up first day. I can only hope it dosnt suffer the same fate as the gionta in the following years.

I just wish this was coming in a blade to try out. Have completely converted to a two piece set up as its easier to swap between different blades.

I know this is also a thread about the Covert line, but do you know the weight on the Dynasty AX1 shaft?

Made all the difference for my son as well, the low kick point seemed easier for him to lean into it and load up on the flex as well. An extension will tide you over and make it a good backup stick.

.... even on the customizer would be awesome

would it be difficult to offer a boatload of curve options on the customizer including old favorites? i remember seeing all the warrior blade patterns laying a round and i honestly dont know how the blade is formed but it would be interesting how many of the ones people miss are still around and can easily be made available on the customizer.

Been using the DT3 for almost a year now and its banged up but still usuable, great durability. Will definitely get the DT3LT when I see one, great price for an amazing stick! Keep up the great work Warrior.

I see a lot of the online stores have pre-orders up for other sticks coming out in september, are you guys going to get into the pre-order stuff or is it going to be a "its there when it's there" thing.