Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOMPL

2013-2014 Sticks

The new Sher-Wood stick's true weight is less than 400g. I was given a few samples by a friend who works there and they were in the range of 385-390g depending on each stick. Add about 10g for decals and your looking at just sub 400g. The blade was awesome and stiff as hell.

Wasn't really all that interested in any Reebok stick, though I did like the Ai9, until I spoke with the CCM/Reebok guys at SJ. He sold me pretty good on the Ribcore, so much so that I bought one yesterday. Weight and balance are nice, we'll see how it plays tonight.

As far as stick development over the years. I feel there has been significant upgrades and tech in the stick market over the past 5 years. The differences may seem subtle to end user and tracking it year to year can make the gaps seem smaller.

**EDIT** Had a chance to play with the Ribcore last night. Definitely a different feeling stick. First impressions are all positive.

Can you describe your first impressions of the ribcor? My RBZ stage 2 has a good amount of pop so if I could get at least the same amount from the Ribcor but in a lighter package, I'd be happy as a clam.

This Sherwood is going to be the lightest on the market!!! The only thing I'm concerned about though is its durability.

Can you describe your first impressions of the ribcor? My RBZ stage 2 has a good amount of pop so if I could get at least the same amount from the Ribcor but in a lighter package, I'd be happy as a clam.

The stick feels stiff. Even though I knew I was loading it, I never really felt any give. I noticed more kick than my Mako's (orginal version) with better accuracy and puck feel. It really surprised me, I generally go back and forth between new and old when I get something completely different. I went out with it and never even thought twice about switching it out.

Oh, and very light, balance was a touch towards the blade which I sort of expected

This Sherwood is going to be the lightest on the market!!! The only thing I'm concerned about though is its durability.

Mine's still holding up quite well, granted I don't skate as much nor as I high of a level in the summer as I due in the winter, but the stick has taken quite a fair bit of abuse. What I'm most impressed about is the blade, it's really stiff and puck control is amazing.

I'm assuming its going to replace the nexon line? Low kick etc?

From what I was told, yes. Low kick, smaller, rounded shaft

I may have missed this somewhere, but does anyone know how the V9E will play like in terms of flex? Will it play like the S19, which I thought was softer than rated, or more like the flex it actually states?

Plays like the S19, similar tapers. After speaking with the PLM the V9e will have a softer shaft compared to the RS2 and the V9 will have a stiffer shaft compared to the Mako2.

I may have missed this somewhere, but does anyone know how the V9E will play like in terms of flex? Will it play like the S19, which I thought was softer than rated, or more like the flex it actually states?

Not sure how you got that impression from a little bit of stickhandling and a single wrist shot.

im not gauging this based on the video, this is based on some of the solid products Sherwood has been putting out, stats, and the marketing mumbo jumbo about the longer process etc. Obviously the real test is getting one in my hands to feel around with it.

What really sold me is when Ryan puts the tire over one shoulder and carries the kettlebell in the other hand! only a true beast could use this stick!

Please tell me this is sarcasm: What really sold me is when Ryan puts the tire over one shoulder and carries the kettlebell in the other hand! only a true beast could use this stick!

Please tell me this is sarcasm: What really sold me is when Ryan puts the tire over one shoulder and carries the kettlebell in the other hand! only a true beast could use this stick!

yes

Do we have any actual specs on this Sher-wood EK15 stick besides "hand crafted" and "385 grams"? Almost unusual in today's gear market to have a manufacturer just a few weeks away from a major stick release without a bunch of hype and information.

not sold on the EK15 stick yet, i have tried lighter sticks in the past and did not like the feel and balance of it, hopefully someone here can try one on the ice and give their feedback.