Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zjack38

Schwans Super Rink Blaine MN

So, i'm going up here in about a week or two for the NAPHL showcase, (tons of other showcases going on at the same time also, great hockey all around, NAHL, Midwest high school elite league or something like that, and like 12 other midget aaa teams.) and i'm wondering if the rinks pro shop does a good job on their skate sharpening, so when i need my skates sharpened after games or something, and if it isn't good, do you guys know of any good shops like less 15 minutes or less away from the rink? thanks for the help.

There's a small shop just across the street in the strip mall. I'll do a quick search and find the name...

Dave's Sport Shop

10611 Baltimore St NE, Ste 190,

Minneapolis, MN 55449

Responding to an old post, but want to say that Dave's in Blaine is the first and only skate sharpening show iv'e seen with a drive up window! It was -4f at the time, so I see the selling point.

Dave's does a great job. There is a store in the rink Central Hockey that also does a good job. One good thing about MN is the vast number of people that are good at skate sharpening. We also have beautiful women and good Summit beer. Enjoy your time in the state that invented hockey and beer. Need to give the man upstairs credit for the gals.

Has anyone played in the Chop at that rink? We are thinking of sending an old man team.

Walleye Chop is a gongshow. Everyone sands bag pretty badly and don't play where they should. This year we had a team that won it 3 divisions higher last year play in ours, and they added a kid who played D1 last year.. my team's average age was probably 35 where there average was 25. Needless to say we didn't do too well.

If they seeded teams more accurately it would be more fun. But the beer is cheap or free and there is tons to do, and its hockey. I'll probably go again next year (Gone 2 years now).

Oh and the other teams we played played in the local league in Blaine, one was correctly placed, the other team played in the same league but 2 divisions higher...not sure how that works. Again its fun but the sand bagging is pretty crazy.