Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014

Chicago's goals per games numbers have dropped considerably in recent weeks. That was always their bread and butter, outscoring teams and scoring in bunches. Aside from the Vancouver game we haven't seen that enough.

As for Bickell, I see Bollig becoming what Bickell was the last couple of years. He's a solid fourth line guy that I think in another year or two will be able to fill in competently on the second line if needed. He has a wicked shot, is defensively sound, kills penalties now, is a big body presence, and knows how to have fun playing. You can see him really developing as an all around player over the last 2 years.

Picked up Peter Regin and Pierre Marc-Bouchard from the Isles for a 4th round pick. Bouchard is an expiring contract and fills in at center nicely. Regin is also an expiring contract and can be a decent bottom 6 winger that fills a checking role with the occasional point. Solid depth moves for the stretch run.

Bollig extended for three more years. He has really grown as a player and continues to improve. I'm not sure how much more you can expect from a fourth line guy that adds a little toughness to the team.

I am happy with this signing. I have really grown to like Bollig and the development of his game. He's a great fourth line guy and accepts and understands his roll. He also seems like a good personality fit.

Pirri to the Panther for a 3rd and 4th rounder. Terrible trade in my mind. Pirri should have been one of the prospects that could be a bargaining chip if they wanted to go get Kesler. Obviously just my opinion, but that's where I would have used him. Why trade a good prospect away for two picks that will almost definitely not reach his caliber?

I heard that it was a 3d and a 5th. Regarding alternatives, I would think that Bowman asked around a bit, and didn't take the first deal offered. I'd be hesitant to judge without some idea what was going on behind the curtain.

Pirri to the Panther for a 3rd and 4th rounder. Terrible trade in my mind. Pirri should have been one of the prospects that could be a bargaining chip if they wanted to go get Kesler. Obviously just my opinion, but that's where I would have used him. Why trade a good prospect away for two picks that will almost definitely not reach his caliber?

They aren't going to go after Kesler, they were just moving Pirri because he no longer fits into their long term plans. It's funny to see how many Hawks are showing up in south Florida with Dale Tallon who drafted so many of them.

Pursuing Kesler is really just one of the hopes I've had for the Hawks for a while. If anything, I'll be happy to see Teuvo Teravainen in the second center spot in the future, but who knows if that's where they'll fit him in.

So, did I miss the one game where Crawford showed up to play this month or did the offense dominate puck possession?

The offense played well for sure but the defense was excellent at blocking shots and taking away second chances. Crawford was solid but not spectacular. He made a few mistakes handling the puck though.

So, did I miss the one game where Crawford showed up to play this month or did the offense dominate puck possession?

More than one game.

Teräväinen on his way to Chicago. Treat him right and you got yourselves a future diamond.

Hope so. He could use a little more size, but we're really looking forward to seeing him. With some of the injuries, he may get to the Blackhawks sooner. Hopefully he won't need to spend much time in Rockford.

He's much like Granlund but maybe a bit "flashier" and a better shooter. After he gets some more mass and endurance I have no doubt he'll do fine.

The offense played well for sure but the defense was excellent at blocking shots and taking away second chances. Crawford was solid but not spectacular. He made a few mistakes handling the puck though.

I'll take solid, way too many scary moments with him on most nights.

The Blackhawks are going to have to pick it up if they want to have any success in the playoffs. Strangely the media types here seem to think they're doing well, and continue to say that. They apparently don't look at the game play, or the team's record, which is 14-10-8 this year. I even heard one observe that the team is better than its record, because they could have won several of the close games that went to overtime. She was apparently oblivious to the fact that all these games were that close to regulation losses, that the OT/SO wins were that close to losses, and that several late third period leads were given away. IMO, considering all that, the team is worse than its record. The talent's there; I suspect the motivation hasn't been. I hope it comes back for the playoffs.

When a roster is intact for so long, players can get complacent. Even more so after the success of winning a cup. Players like Shaw and Bickell are starting to be more physical over the last couple weeks, that aspect has been missing from the team all season.

I don't have a problem with the hit itself. But I hope Toews shoulder isn't pulled pork at this point. He wasn't even moving it coming off the ice. With only a few games left I'm okay not rushing him back. Chicago has the Wild and Blue Jackets back to back. I wouldn't think you need Toews in for these games. Then Blues on Sunday. I think if Toews can't play Thursday, or Friday, then you don't play him Sunday either. My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw him holding his shoulder leaving the game.

Edit: And just see that Toews will be out for rest of regular season. Q claims he'll be 100% come post season starting. Smart move.

160???? Wow!! For all the ribbing the Habs take for being tiny, the smallest guy on their roster is 170lbs (Desharnais).

Q lies through his teeth about playoff injuries.

They recalled Nordstrom from Rockford. He's listed at 160 lbs.

Without a doubt. Every team does. 100% could mean 60%, 70%, or 80%. Guaranteed that opponents will target him in the 1st round.