Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan

Graf MCI Series

Ill see if HM in Norwood has them in this weekend. Ill likely be fitting into a 9 or 9.5 and I may want the 75 flex. Not sure though as Graf really doesn't explain it too well. I'm assuming I'd be right on the border of 75 or 85 flex because I weigh around 185. I'm guessing the 75 flex would be for sizes 7-8.5, 85 flex for 9-10.5, and 95 flex for sizes 11+. I'm guessing it would probably be directly proportional to the skaters weight, and maybe their leg strength, as a more forceful leg push would produce more torque, and thus flex the boot more.

Can't wait to try these pups on this weekend.

Ill see if HM in Norwood has them in this weekend. Ill likely be fitting into a 9 or 9.5 and I may want the 75 flex. Not sure though as Graf really doesn't explain it too well. I'm assuming I'd be right on the border of 75 or 85 flex because I weigh around 185. I'm guessing the 75 flex would be for sizes 7-8.5, 85 flex for 9-10.5, and 95 flex for sizes 11+. I'm guessing it would probably be directly proportional to the skaters weight, and maybe their leg strength, as a more forceful leg push would produce more torque, and thus flex the boot more.

Can't wait to try these pups on this weekend.

I called Graf regarding the flex question. I was told if you weigh 175 and up you should skate with the 85 flex

I called Graf regarding the flex question. I was told if you weigh 175 and up you should skate with the 85 flex

Thats good to know. I have 85 flexes on the way. However, the way graf seemed to be marketing the skate was that one could choose 75 vs 85 flex regardless of the size or weight.

I tend to like a stiffer skate anyway. I've never used pro level high end skates before, but I've used low level entry skates and my current Vapor XXVs...and I know I prefer stiffer boot. So 85 flex will probably be best.

I'm very curios as to how these will fit in comparison to the new Mako II.

for anyone who has tried on or skated in the 9035 or 8035 and has skated in a previous -35 fit skate(ie G35, 735, G75 lite, etc.), can you comment on if these seem to be a bit higher cut? that's the way it seemed to me when i saw them, but didn't have enough time to do a detailed comparison at the time.

for anyone who has tried on or skated in the 9035 or 8035 and has skated in a previous -35 fit skate(ie G35, 735, G75 lite, etc.), can you comment on if these seem to be a bit higher cut? that's the way it seemed to me when i saw them, but didn't have enough time to do a detailed comparison at the time.

I had 735's and went to 9035's I was a 8R in the 735 and a 7.5R in the 9035. The 9035's seem to fit deeper and wider. Make sure you get a good heel lock. I am having trouble with the 9035's in the heel.

I had 735's and went to 9035's I was a 8R in the 735 and a 7.5R in the 9035. The 9035's seem to fit deeper and wider. Make sure you get a good heel lock. I am having trouble with the 9035's in the heel.

Is the 705 much different from the 735? Reason I ask is I've tried 705's and wondering how it it translates to the 735's and ultimately 9035s?

From what i've read the 735 has a narrower heel than the 705. Did you feel this way?

My 705's feel a bit longer than they should be(they are 9.5R). I ordered 9R and 9W on the 9035's we'll see how they fit. I guess I'll know soon enough once they hit my door tomorrow whether I will be returning one or both of them.

For those of you who have skated in these for awhile, how do you like them?

I tried these on this weekend and they seem to fit well but I felt that there was a lot of padding

That was keeping the stiffeners far from the foot and made the boot seem less stiff.

Does it get better over time/change with baking? Also does the tongue break in better?

I had troubles getting the ankle area tight because the tongue was stiff and the built in crease was forcing the top lacing down an eyelet?

I've had the 8035 model for a few weeks now. There is a lot of padding but after baking it really conforms to the foot and ankle well but I still would break it in a bit before skating in-game with them.

I will say the boot was very stiff to skate in initially even after baking but after a few skates it broke in nicely and felt great. The tongue eventually broke in after a few skates,as well and now is a non-issue. I will say I did have a little trouble with it at first with it being too stiff, but since I lace mine all the way to the top I lowered it to the second to last eyelet to start and as it broke in moved it back up to the top eyelet.

So after skating in my 9035s for 3 months my outsole separated from the boot. Has anyone else had this issue? I did get them warrantied but Graf told me this is not technically separation and that they used black "filler" to fill the gap... the gap seems extremely large and I'm wondering if it's even safe to skate on if I were to try and fill it with shoe goo or epoxy, etc.?? The warranty skates I received have the same black "filler" so I think this is more of a production issue than anything else...

before removing the filler after I noticed it pics:

c5a30e83692419b4b1915777e56736b2.jpg

41a82d6399fb8df9432657a9dc2654bc.jpg

after I removed the filler pics:

00bade983e7a4cc3e66c7910c7cc3419.jpg

75f7e078169b63db8e828303a7e0ac57.jpg

Baked my 9035s and skated in them. Wow. Fit reminds me of a deeper CCM U+ CL, with similar moldability to the boot.

The foams and liner are simply stunning. I'm very happy with these.

Just wondering how you are liking your 9035s and if you had Grafs before, what model did you wear? I currently wear 735s and am thinking of getting a pair of 9035s.

Waiting to meet with Graf rep about my 9035 issues. Will keep you posted

What ever happened with your heel lock issue? Just ended up reading this entire post and I am on the fence about going from 735s to 9035s. Please update this post and let us know how you made out with the 9035s.

What ever happened with your heel lock issue? Just ended up reading this entire post and I am on the fence about going from 735s to 9035s. Please update this post and let us know how you made out with the 9035s.

I sold the 9035's. The heel area was too wide for me. I tried Stable 26 and couple of other things but nothing worked. I waited almost a year for these skates to come out and was really disappointed that I could not use them. I am currently skating in 935's. The fit is good with nice heel lock. I was told that the 935's and 735's fit the same. I agree totally with laserrbottime that the heel is much wider in the 9035's. I hope that helps!

I sold the 9035's. The heel area was too wide for me. I tried Stable 26 and couple of other things but nothing worked. I waited almost a year for these skates to come out and was really disappointed that I could not use them. I am currently skating in 935's. The fit is good with nice heel lock. I was told that the 935's and 735's fit the same. I agree totally with laserrbottime that the heel is much wider in the 9035's. I hope that helps!

Thanks for the info....just curious about the 935s, I don't see them on Graf's website. How long ago did you get them?

Thanks for the info....just curious about the 935s, I don't see them on Graf's website. How long ago did you get them?

I got them a couple of months ago in Canada at Cyclone Taylor Sports. I don't think they were widely distributed in the US. They are stiffer than the 735's and use the Cobra 5000 holder

I am in Graf 609's and tried the G9035 in store and found it locked my foot in better but not sure if it was the tongue it not seem as deep. it was tough to get tongue wrapped around properly. I tried the 75 flex at found it too soft I am going to try the 85 flex. interesting point some models have drain holes in the sole and some don't?

I got them a couple of months ago in Canada at Cyclone Taylor Sports. I don't think they were widely distributed in the US. They are stiffer than the 735's and use the Cobra 5000 holder

I am only 145 lbs so I'm thinking a stiffer boot probably won't bode well for me. I have an opportunity to buy a leftover (from 2012) pair of 735's with the 5000 holder for $250 plus about $20 shipping. My LHS has the 9035's so I'm thinking I'll go try them on but my 735's fit perfect. Only issue I had with them, as with all my skates, is I had to have the ankles punched out because they mad my ankles so sore I couldn't wear them.