Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

As the LTR candidates are getting their sticks, we decided it'd be a good idea to open this thread for any EK15 discussion.

Michael Soule from Sher-Wood (and MSH alum) will be monitoring this thread to answer any questions you may have about the stick.

I havnt been keeping up with my Sherwood sticks lately but I remember a mention about the ek15 on another thread and the stick interested me and the projected price range is a definite attention grabber. I've seen a surprising amount of NHLers using the stick as well as other sherwoods so I'll be keeping an eye on this to catch up on some Sherwood knowledge.

I'm a longtime T90 user. I really believe Sherwood makes a vastly underrated product, and in my experience has the best customer service of any equipment manufacture on the market. I can't wait to try your new line.

My question: Beyond lie, is there any difference between the pp26 and pp92? Is it similar to Reebok euro pro sticks, where the p29 is essentially a deeper version of the p19? Thanks for your time!

Question on a curve:

What would the PP01 Smith compare to in another company? Would it be similar to Easton's E28 or Warrior's old Gionta curve? Thanks in advance

actually I've got the same question. have never seen that curve other than on the really small official blade chart. would be cool to get a good picture of the curve and profile.

Currently playing with 85 flex PP26 Nexon 8s (best stick at the pricepoints IMO) and looking to move to a 75 flex PP01 T90 or EK if the lie and curve look alright.

Question on a curve:

What would the PP01 Smith compare to in another company? Would it be similar to Easton's E28 or Warrior's old Gionta curve? Thanks in advance

It's almost identical to the Warrior Gionta. The lie/rocker is slightly different but a very easy transition.

Wish the Australia distributor would answer his messages. I'd like to convert all my sticks to Sherwood after using their T90 and loving the feel of the sticks.

It's almost identical to the Warrior Gionta. The lie/rocker is slightly different but a very easy transition.

how about from an E28 , would that be an easy transition as well?

Hi everyone, my name is Michael Soule. I’ll be here answering any questions you may have about the EK15 or any other Sher-Wood products. I’ve been a member here on Mod Squad for almost nine years now. I started working with Sher-Wood in January 2013 and I am the Assistant Product Manager for Hockey Sticks.

Thank you to MSH for making a specific thread for our newest stick launch. We are very excited about the EK15 which is the lighest stick on the market. All your questions and comments are welcome. It’s what helps us question ourselves and bring changes to future products, to better serve you, the real end-users. Thanks in advance and I look forward from hearing from you.

Tell us more about this 'hand made' process please.

I don’t want to give away to much detail and specifics, but the manual production process is essentially wrapping each layer of carbon fiber by hand and then applying a suction vacuum to the shaft. Traditionally sticks are wrapped by machine, with this handmade process the sticks are wrapped by hand and each layer is examined before applying the suction process. This takes much longer to produce, but it results in a stick that is much lighter and eliminates any surplus material and defects as each layer is extensively studied before the next layer is wrapped.

I'm a longtime T90 user. I really believe Sherwood makes a vastly underrated product, and in my experience has the best customer service of any equipment manufacture on the market. I can't wait to try your new line.

My question: Beyond lie, is there any difference between the pp26 and pp92? Is it similar to Reebok euro pro sticks, where the p29 is essentially a deeper version of the p19? Thanks for your time!

Thanks to hear your comments Karly. The T90 is a great value stick, and has been improved once again this year with the introduction of a new foam core similar to the EK15.

To answer your question, the only difference between the pp26 and the pp92 is the lie. The PP92 is the same curve as the PP26 but with a 5.0 lie rather than a 6.0.

Malcb33 is correct. The curves are basically identical, however the Sher-Wood Smith has a bit higher lie than the Warrior Gionta.

Wish the Australia distributor would answer his messages. I'd like to convert all my sticks to Sherwood after using their T90 and loving the feel of the sticks.

Check you PM's.

when will iggy be available ?

For the launch we released two patterns, those being the PP26 Stastny and the PP88 Ryan II. The rest of the patterns are expected to hit retail for January 2014.

I don’t want to give away to much detail and specifics, but the manual production process is essentially wrapping each layer of carbon fiber by hand and then applying a suction vacuum to the shaft. Traditionally sticks are wrapped by machine, with this handmade process the sticks are wrapped by hand and each layer is examined before applying the suction process. This takes much longer to produce, but it results in a stick that is much lighter and eliminates any surplus material and defects as each layer is extensively studied before the next layer is wrapped.

Thanks for the reply!

Mutual understanding aside, I'm going to ask some more prying questions anyways.

So is the weight factor solely attributed to the elimination of surplus material combined with the suction? Or did you guys use a better quality of carbon fiber compared toprevious sticks as well?

I'd like to know if there is any difference in the T90 shaft this year as opposed to last year? Looking to pick up a new shaft and really leaning towards Sherwood.

Thanks for the reply!

Mutual understanding aside, I'm going to ask some more prying questions anyways.

So is the weight factor solely attributed to the elimination of surplus material combined with the suction? Or did you guys use a better quality of carbon fiber compared toprevious sticks as well?

Great point which had yet to be brought up. We have introduced with the EK15 a new lighter and higher quality carbon fiber. This new carbon fiber is 30% lighter than what we had been previously using.

I'd like to know if there is any difference in the T90 shaft this year as opposed to last year? Looking to pick up a new shaft and really leaning towards Sherwood.

Hi Maniacaniac, there is no structural change between this year’s and last year’s version of the T90 shaft.

Hi Maniacaniac, there is no structural change between this years and last years version of the T90 shaft.

Thanks for the info. Saw HM put the T90 Shafts on clearance and have been debating back and forth on picking one up.

Michael9, I am interest in finding an EK15 in the Smith PP01 pattern but can't find any places (online) selling that curve. Any recommendations on where one could obtain such a model (RH, at least 95 flex but 105 would be even better)?

Like he said in his earlier post, they only released the PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II for the launch. The rest of the patterns will be available in January.

Michael9, I am interest in finding an EK15 in the Smith PP01 pattern but can't find any places (online) selling that curve. Any recommendations on where one could obtain such a model (RH, at least 95 flex but 105 would be even better)?

Like he said in his earlier post, they only released the PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II for the launch. The rest of the patterns will be available in January.

Thanks, JSK81 I has missed that comment. Very helpful.