Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer OD1N Project

so what will happen with the equipment? will in eventually be used in the nhl? that could be one hell of an equipment sale..

Dude if you scored a pro stock unused pair of OD1N skates you would be the king of all gear whores lol

Generally, items like the Od1n line are studied after use, an example of it sticks around (generally unused, some are mere mock ups of the product) and the rest is destroyed. The potential of someone pirating the designs and technologies is too great. You had better bet your bottom dollar that Bauer has track of every single Od1n item made.

I can say with experience about stuff like that 'cos I had tested a few prototypes in the bike business over the years. No matter how much I begged them, they wouldn't even let me use the protos on extended loan, let alone let me buy it!!!

is OD1N dead?

Considering all the promise they promoted about the innovative design, they can't get 1 player to skate in them?

I see it on the website but is anyone actually wearing the skates?

is OD1N dead?

Considering all the promise they promoted about the innovative design, they can't get 1 player to skate in them?

The OD1N keeper leg pads are being used...not sure by how many goalies, but I don't follow what they do or wear that closely.

As popular as the EDGE holder has been already in its short existence, a skate whose whole holder needs to be replaced in case the steel breaks seems to go in the opposite direction. Not that that would take an EQM that long, but imagine if it happened in a playoff game, suddenly Sindey Crosby (if he were to switch back to Bauer) has to miss a shift. No one on that side would be happy with that.

Beyond that holder, were the OD1N skates really any different than any of Bauer's other CURV composite boots with injected eyestays anyway? The OD1N part of the skate was the fact that it got most of its sole from the holder, but the rest of the way up, it looked like a different sublimated print on an APX2 boot.

Ohh that OD1N holder reminds me of something .... Hmmm

Oh yeah!

T- Blade Lives!!!!!

I wonder if they sound like Ye ol' T blade?

Squeal, squeak, squeak, squeak,

Come on, admit it - all you equipment whores were all about the T blades... I had 2 of my kids skating on em' and have a crapload of used up blades to show for it...

Biggest problem with em was you were never for sure if they were sharp enough so you would change em out anyway....

OD1n blades you can't even change, I can see that working out ...not.

I have heard scuttlebut that some of the protective concepts are making their way into future product.

That was the point of it all along. They were supposed to be like the concept car of hockey. I'm not surprised at all about the players not using the skates but does anybody know if they ever wore the protective stuff? That seems like it'd be a much easier adjustment.

Oh yeah!

T- Blade Lives!!!!!

Come on, admit it - all you equipment whores were all about the T blades... I had 2 of my kids skating on em' and have a crapload of used up blades to show for it...

Biggest problem with em was you were never for sure if they were sharp enough so you would change em out anyway....

Been on my T- Blades since September of 2001. Can't skate without em. I've changed the blades only three times in the last year skating three to four times a week. The obnoxious sound is the best part!! Lol!!

Oh yeah!

T- Blade Lives!!!!!

The steel on the ZeroG holder on the OD1N skate is sharpenable. T'blades weren't.

is OD1N dead?

The whole concept of OD1N was exactly that; a concept. Just like a concept car. It was never meant to be a product that NHLers were going to be in all the time, or a product that was going to hit the retail market.

I won't, because I wasn't. :tongue:

To JR's comment about them being concepts like concept cars. I agree and think that's a dead on analogy.

The whole point of something like that is to show off what you capable of, even if never goes to market.

I couldn't stand hearing the T-Blades of the one guy in our league who was on them.

I can't stand hearing the one guy in our league who has T-Blades. There might be a correlation. :rolleyes:

To JR's comment about them being concepts like concept cars. I agree and think that's a dead on analogy.

The whole point of something like that is to show off what you capable of, even if never goes to market.

And some components do, but usually not the entire package.

But yes, Bauer essentially flexed their R&D/manufacturing muscles.

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the Bauer guys still use the undergarment's from the Odin project. I seem to remember hearing that Toews and Kane did throughout the season.

Its not cost effective from a retail standpoint but I can see the big ticket players getting scanned and custom fitted for the protective garments.