Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

2014 CCM Tacks Skates

I'm guessing someone will complain that they aren't black enough before we get to page two.

That looks a bit deeper than some of the other boots they have had lately, hopefully it does well for them.

I'm guessing someone will complain that they aren't black enough before we get to page two.

That looks a bit deeper than some of the other boots they have had lately, hopefully it does well for them.

I was going to comment on that put i would be the one guy that gets deceived by the pic and they are actually shallower. im guessing this is more like their older fit?

I was going to comment on that put i would be the one guy that gets deceived by the pic and they are actually shallower. im guessing this is more like their older fit?

It's also pro stock, that could be very different from a retail boot in a number of ways. I would expect that to be the final graphics package though.

Looks like a current RBZ with a different paint job.......

Interested in how they differ from the RBZ.

Kinda reminds me of a Graf. On the color front, I like any skate that isn't black really. The puck being black makes companies choosing black for their skates look stupid really but I do understand its a consumer thing most if not all of the time.

So - the situation was that MacKinnon and Tavares were fitted for their pair for the first time so that they can break them in for a post-Sochi launch.

However, both players insisted that they get to wear them immediately, and so they went ahead and started the campaign early.

Looks like a current RBZ with a different paint job.......

It's a different skate.

Just not the same without the heel stabilizing wedge. Good to see a classic line revived, now bring back the Supra line of protective gear

Different.

It is their position to follow in Bauer's footsteps and have three different fits:

*"Reebok" (will be CCM in 2015; don't know what "family" name will accompany it)

*RBZ

*Tacks

So would the Tacks be the more narrow fit, similar to what the Vapor line is for Bauer?

What is up with people making narrow skates??? I loved my old 852's and I hope that these come in widths like those did. They were awesome. While they are at it, get rid of the cheap nylon for gloves and go back to leather or synthetic leather

What is up with people making narrow skates??? I loved my old 852's and I hope that these come in widths like those did. They were awesome. While they are at it, get rid of the cheap nylon for gloves and go back to leather or synthetic leather

my guess is they make narrow skates because some people have narrow feet. just a hunch tho

Black and Yellow. How original....... Sorry guys, simply tired of it.

Just not the same without the heel stabilizing wedge. Good to see a classic line revived,

Agreed

If you find the nylon that cheap, you can always get an order of custom synthetic leather gloves for a little extra.

they're not black enough!

jk...had to do it.

Look good. Can't wait to see them in person. I do wish they threw a bone out there to the heel wedge though.

It will be interesting to see if everyone that's been wanting to see Tacks return put their $ out there.

Different.

It is their position to follow in Bauer's footsteps and have three different fits:

*"Reebok" (will be CCM in 2015; don't know what "family" name will accompany it)

*RBZ

*Tacks

So are you confirming 2014 is the last year of Reebok or did I completely read this wrong?

Needs more "heel wedge"...

So much this. I know it has the Tacks name, but I wonder if there will be any feature call outs to tie it back to the old series.

EDIT: I just realized there was no tech on the old Tacks that would not be obsolete today, so I wonder what, if anything, this new generation will have in common besides the Tacks name. Fit maybe?

What is up with people making narrow skates??? I loved my old 852's and I hope that these come in widths like those did. They were awesome. While they are at it, get rid of the cheap nylon for gloves and go back to leather or synthetic leathe

I think leather/synthetic leather is heavier and less breathable.