Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SillyMe

Extra Stick at PU?

I'd leave it behind the bench, have not had a problem, at least not yet. At least I can keep track of it there. I agree with not leaving anything extra in the locker room. Cell phone stays in car with wallet. Car keys, and credit card are all that come in, unless I pay cash, then I have exact amount so no change. CC is covered if swiped. I tend not to have a lot extra in my bag either. Maybe an extra lace and some tape at the most. I make sure all my equipment is ready, tightened, etc before I leave the house. I use velcro straps for my shins, so I don't have much tape on me. Now for league games, where I know everyone, I might be a little less careful, but for PU the locker room is like out in the open as far as I am concerned.

People use other people's sticks left on the bench w/o permission? I've never heard of that. Water bottles, I've seen. And I've had my wallet stolen out of a locker room before.

I've gotten my wallet stolen once but I still bring my wallet in with me because sometimes I'll want a hot dog. I also bring my cell phone because I have to update Facebook everytime I play with a bathroom selfie in full gear.

Oh and I'm always using someone else's stick anyways because I break a stick almost everytime I play and am too poro to buy my own.

I've gotten my wallet stolen once but I still bring my wallet in with me because sometimes I'll want a hot dog. I also bring my cell phone because I have to update Facebook everytime I play with a bathroom selfie in full gear.

What does that mean?

I've almost never come across anyone borrowing a stick, but I realized while reading this thread that it might be due to playing in private pickups. There tend to be the same skaters every time and the majority know each other, so it would be more someone asking if they could use a stick because theirs broke -- and they were too stupid to bring a back up.....

What does that mean?

He takes a picture of himself in full gear, and posts it on Facebook would be my guess(Goofing on the rejects that post EVERY TIME they step outta the house).....some funny stuff in that post.

If you are concerned about someone using your back up stick, buy a stick bag with a carry strap, and wear it over your shoulder while you play. Problem solved.

If you are concerned about someone using your back up stick, buy a stick bag with a carry strap, and wear it over your shoulder while you play. Problem solved.

I second this. Sling it onto your back like an archer carries his arrows and quickly draw the stick that best suits the situation at hand.

Let me just say that the first time I heard the term "selfie" I thought it was something entirely different.

I brought an extra, extra stick to pickup last night. The previous time I played, this guy that can barely skate and tries to make up for it with crosschecks, checks from behind and slashes, comes down on my APX2 with a two hander from shoulder height with WAAAY too much force. I said come on man... it's a $250 stick. He said "that's not my problem." So last night I brought an old stick that I don't care about anymore and I warned him that if he does it again, I'm going to go straight to the bench and get that stick and it's sole purpose is going to be to break his stick in to two pieces. Fortunately, he got the message and I didn't have to do it.

I second this. Sling it onto your back like an archer carries his arrows and quickly draw the stick that best suits the situation at hand.

why stop there, you can put other sports equipment to fit into different situations as well. I think a lacrosse net would be great for scrums around the net

Personally I've never had any problems with stuff going awol and have had guys ASK to use a stick. One broke his main twig then literally immediately after broke his brand new R10. Another guy had his shoes taken. But if I ever saw someone grabbing my water... to the moon Alice!

Personally I've never had any problems with stuff going awol and have had guys ASK to use a stick. One broke his main twig then literally immediately after broke his brand new R10. Another guy had his shoes taken. But if I ever saw someone grabbing my water... to the moon Alice!

Put the following label on your bottle: user has Hep C/ HIV/ Herpes Simplex2. Your bottle will NEVER be touched again.

I guess you have to make the call on how secure the locker room you are going to use is. I always keep an extra stick on the bench. That being said all the rinks that I have played in have space of this on the bench.

As in the video game Halo.

After getting not 2, but THREE sticks lifted from pickup, I am done. I bring one, and if I want to bring another I leave it in the rink office.The perks are nice when you've played at the rink for 12 years.

After getting not 2, but THREE sticks lifted from pickup, I am done. I bring one, and if I want to bring another I leave it in the rink office.The perks are nice when you've played at the rink for 12 years.

wow man, how bad are things there?

maybe you need to choose another rink for the next 12 years

wow man, how bad are things there?

maybe you need to choose another rink for the next 12 years

I live in one of the safest towns in America (Actually the #1 city to raise a family in America right now). It's the stupid kids that come to pickup. I actually nabbed one playing with one of the sticks in a rec league game and got it back, but still. What ever happened to morals?

I live in one of the safest towns in America (Actually the #1 city to raise a family in America right now). It's the stupid kids that come to pickup. I actually nabbed one playing with one of the sticks in a rec league game and got it back, but still. What ever happened to morals?

that is really odd. perhaps there is a different code there, I play just outside of a city on the other end of those rankings, and this has never once happened to me.

bring sometin wood, straight blade, northland or victoriaville, especially for warmup, old johnny appleseed souppot helmutt - http://pics.classicauctions.net/classicauctions/auctions/10/034.jpg

use some toothblack from the local costume shop, if you don;t already have missin teeth... crooked nose adds to the mystery...

heh heh heh!!!!! Love it!!!!!