Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Yakupov curve

What are you guys' insight on the yakupov curve? Is it more like a Bauer Ovi or an e28(i dont like the ovie but am actually fond of the e28...dont know why.) this may impact my next stick decision.

dual lie included? and It look like the tope hape isn't the same, like the e28 is pointier

the dual lie thing is more of an 'educational gimmick' on easton's part to explain how to use those curves properly. the blades themselves are the same.

In that case what is the difference between the bauer ovi and e28 cause side to side they dont seem much different visually but my shot doesnt sky nearly as much as it did with the ovi. It feels better but i dont get how

Do they really look the same to you? The ovi is a deeper curve and more open. I mean, I guess the ovi looks like an e28 gone wild. But to me the differences are fairly obvious. The e28 is also a true toe curve, where the ovi is like an extreme mid.

What is the actual lie close to though? I current have a 4 lie, gionta curve. Looking to get a yakupov once the gionta breaks.

The thing im worried about with buying either the yakupov or e28 curve is that what if im shooting off balance? You guys all know hockey is a dynamic sport so not every shot will I be able to get a text book shooting style. Like lastnight I scored one of my goals while completely off balance and contorting my body. Does anybody have any feedback on if it still will perform under those cirumstances?

The blade still works regardless. The double lie/curve thing is a marketing gimmick. The toe is slightly shaved on the bottom to allow for great snapshots using the toe curve. You can still take every other shot you normally would, they essentially just slightly modified a toe curve to ease with snap shooting and toe drags, but wih the blade always making ice contact across the majority full length of the blade, there won't ever be any issue with dynamic moments. Does that answer your question/make any sense? It's hard to rephrase the response... So I'm not asking that in the hopes of being a jerk, I just don't want to spew random thoughts in an unintelligible way. Haha

The blade still works regardless. The double lie/curve thing is a marketing gimmick. The toe is slightly shaved on the bottom to allow for great snapshots using the toe curve. You can still take every other shot you normally would, they essentially just slightly modified a toe curve to ease with snap shooting and toe drags, but wih the blade always making ice contact across the majority full length of the blade, there won't ever be any issue with dynamic moments. Does that answer your question/make any sense? It's hard to rephrase the response... So I'm not asking that in the hopes of being a jerk, I just don't want to spew random thoughts in an unintelligible way. Haha

Makes a lot of sense, definitely answered my question

Awesome. haha I always have a good response in my head and then when it comes to explaining that thought, everything goes to hell... :rolleyes:

I use the P28/W28/E28 aka the Kreps curve. If you are not a mechanically sound shooter it most likely will not work for you and it is NOTHING and I mean nothing like the P08 Ovechkin.

The lie is a 5 lie. I've used P88, P92, P92 lie 5, P91a in the past. You will have to get used to it and it does require you to adjust your technique. Most will need some serious repetition to get it down but that's practice that should be done anyway. Some people try it and just can't get it to work, others make shots magical with it. I'm personally crazy about it. Passes caught and sent heel to mid blade, wrist shots from the toe, one timers and slapshots like you normally would and snapshots from the toe as well. It's not for everyone but the list of users, especially D man in the pros is large. Doughty, Karlsson, Perry, Oliver E-L... YouTube "Easton E28 story". Scott Bjugstad helped design it as well as the P14 and P46.