Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bolo

cut resistant socks

I've been using the thin Tuff N Lite Thin (older style) for player skates and Warrior AX1 for goalie.

Both stay up reasonably well but the sewing on the top of the Tuff N Lite has come undone where the material before folded over itself (creating a slightly thicker top part) and thus making them less tight at the top so they move more than before. I don't wear really tight underarmour over them and I don't find them sliding down at all.

I got the AX1 this winter and have been using them for my goalie skates as my player skates fit super tight and the goalie skates have some room (comparatively, they still fit fine) . The Warriors have been amazing so far. I find them more comfortable than the Tuff N Lite. They are a softer material and feel thicker while also being taller on the leg. They feel more stretchy than the Tuff N Lite and basically just feel like pretty warm socks.

I haven't felt either of them retaining sweat and notice they are dryer after use than the Under Armour socks I used to wear. But I can tell that the AX1s are slightly warmer than the Tuff N Lite probably due to the difference in thickness. I could wear the AX1 in boots on a cold day and they'd help with keeping me warm while the Tuff N Lites do very little in that sense (again I use the thin ones).

I'd absolutely recommend both. I think it just depends on how your foot fits in your skate. My player skates are definitely on the tight side so I needed something super thin while my goalie skates have a bit of room so the Warriors helped out a tonne here.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

I wore the warrior ax1 today. They are fantastic. I've never worn a protective skate sock before however. I am very impressed and hope I don't have to see how well they work. Nice tight feel so if you're used to compression socks these are the way to go.

Side note: are they dryer safe?

I was looking for protective socks a few months ago and bought a pair of Reebok 20K socks. I love the way they fit, but hated the way the protective material felt. After about 45 minutes of use it would feel like it was digging into the sides of my ankle. It reminded me of one of those chain link suits divers wear to protect from shark bites. The sock fit great, but I eventually switched to a pair of Bauer NG 37.5 Elite socks. Definitely feel more comfortable, but are thicker and I don't like the fit as much. I may try the Warrior AX1s.

I wore the warrior ax1 today. They are fantastic. I've never worn a protective skate sock before however. I am very impressed and hope I don't have to see how well they work. Nice tight feel so if you're used to compression socks these are the way to go.

Side note: are they dryer safe?

I've washed them and dried them multiple times with no issues.

Stable 26 has announced at the Source for Sports show that their cut proof sock will be ready for the fall. It is being tested at present with a few players. Once the final changes are done I will put up a picture. The test results from the lab were the rest of the socks are tested had it at a Level 5. One of the only socks on the market at Level 5. It still includes the adjustable silicone in the ankle but will not even have a tiny whole as in the Tuff N Lite video. In fact one team tried to cut it with an knife and had issues! Soon as I have it i will have someone post it as I am not sure how to load them up here.

Had a skate go right between the boot top and shin guard at a beer league game the other night. Felt a burning sensation and went right to the bench to investigate. Saw a red welt but no skin breakage. Was wearing the reebok 20 k socks and feel if is was not for the sock in place, the posterior tibial artery would have been severed. That would have required extensive vascular surgery and of course much time off from hockey and work. Being a recovery room nurse, I have seen what cuts can do and the surgical work required to repair them. I also wear a Kevlar neck guard just in case. Wish they made a neck guard out of dyneema . It does breathe much better than the Kevlar tactics socks I have used in the past. Just my 2 cents worth