Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

True A6.0 - chippa13

The stick has seen some more game action and is still holding up well. I scored one goal on a shot with it that impressed a few guys. No damage yet to either the blade or shaft to speak of.

I let fly a couple of slapshots coming down the wing last night and really liked the feel of the stick loading and releasing. It put a decent amount of mustard on the shots and I placed them where I wanted. I had been a little gunshy about letting fly since the stick felt whippier than my NXG that I love winding up with but I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Another week in and the stick is still going strong. There are a couple of tiny chips in the blade from skates blades but still no real damage anywhere on it.

Last night I went half game NXG and half True 6.0. I found the True had softer puck feel and was slightly better at catching passes. The flex point differences definitely make the 87 flex NXG "feel" stiffer than the 85 flex True 6.0. Truth be told, I'm starting to think I like the True better than the NXG even though the NXG has my preferred P12 pattern and the True has their version of the P88. I haven't had any issues going between the curves.

The True got another game last Thursday and continues to hold up well. There are only a couple of skate nicks on the blade as far as wear and tear are concerned. The shaft shows no signs of softening and continues to play at its rated flex.

The True got another go last night after a few games with a NXG (played defense in those games and wanted to use the milder curve on the NXG). The True definitely has the upper hand in both puck feel and control. If they ever make a P12/Iginla clone then they'll have me for life.

I'm curious how I would feel comparing the True with a Nexus.

I've let a teammate use the True for a couple of games and he was raving about how light it was and the puck feel. I might be hard pressed to get it back.