Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tburns517

Reebok RibCor or CCM RBZ Stage 2?

So for a while I was set on getting the CCM RBZ Stage 2 hockey stick, until I picked up the Reebok RibCor. Although these two sticks have only a weight difference of about .07 oz (according to HockeyMonkey), the RibCor felt better to me. I know there are different technologies in each, such as the custom kick point in the RBZ Stage 2, and quicker power transfer in the RibCor. What is your guys' personal opinions on these two sticks?

I have a Ribcore and a RBZ 1st gen. I prefer the RBZ, I find the blade on the Ribcore too stiff. It is hard to handle a hard pass consistently for me. I like the kick of Ribcore and I think it provides a slightly harder shot for me, but I will choose handling and consistent feel over the Ribcore. Just my opinion.

So for a while I was set on getting the CCM RBZ Stage 2 hockey stick, until I picked up the Reebok RibCor. Although these two sticks have only a weight difference of about .07 oz (according to HockeyMonkey), the RibCor felt better to me. I know there are different technologies in each, such as the custom kick point in the RBZ Stage 2, and quicker power transfer in the RibCor. What is your guys' personal opinions on these two sticks?

"Custom Kick Point" = marketing gibberish. Both good sticks however. I like low kick point sticks so I'd go for the RibCor.

Thanks for the replies. Amiroo39 I kind of thought so as well, but wasn't sure. JoshV, I read your bio and see you work at MonkeySports HQ. I have been looking on the HockeyMonkey site at the Pro Stock Reebok RibCor. Could you elaborate what they mean when they say it doesn't include Reebok's technology? Also, what does Graphic stand for at the end of the description? Here is the link:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-stick-pro-stock-ribcor-graphic.html

I'm not sure how often Pro Stock sticks come in, but I wanted to get one from this link and they don't have any right-handed sticks left in my preferred flex/curve:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-stick-pro-stock-ribcor.html

its essentially a painted to look like the ribcor but doesnt have the ribs would be my guess.

Thanks guys, I think I am going to go with the RibCor, since I have heard other people say the RBZ breaks easily as well. Although it is personal preference, what curves have you guys been using?

The Pro Stock RibCor have the ribs like a retail RibCor, but do not feature the retail SSX blade

The Pro Stock RibCor graphic is a pro stock painted to look like a RibCor... various construction methods depending on which player is selected, but none will feature the ribs

I think you've already decided on a Ribcor but I'll be another to tell you thats the correct choice. I've tried a first gen RBZ and Ribcor and liked the Ribcor significantly better. It seems better balanced and the puck feel was better, the RBZ and a weird puck feel and the flex profile was strange. To be frank using the RBZ felt like going back in time to almost the original synergy.

Also, "custom kick point" "loaded fibers" all that is just marketing crap correct?

I have a RBZ 1st Gen.and a RibCor and I much prefer the RBZ. I wish I had bought a stage 2 instead of the Ribcor because it basically sits on the bench as a never used backup.

I think you've already decided on a Ribcor but I'll be another to tell you thats the correct choice. I've tried a first gen RBZ and Ribcor and liked the Ribcor significantly better. It seems better balanced and the puck feel was better, the RBZ and a weird puck feel and the flex profile was strange. To be frank using the RBZ felt like going back in time to almost the original synergy.

Also, "custom kick point" "loaded fibers" all that is just marketing crap correct?

I prefer the RibCor myself, but feedback on the original RBZ was also very good, much better than the RBZ 2 (Pingy blade)

I am not here to talk about what is or isn't marketing, I am just here to give you guys my feedback, as I receive a lot :]

You're right, I have decided on the RibCor. I've been doing a lot of research on the different curve patterns and lies with the RibCor, and I'm not really sure which one to choose. I currently use a Warrior Vandal Draper curve with a lie of 5. I've seen the Crosby curve (5.5 lie) and Datsyuk curve (6 lie) in person, and I don't mind the curves, but the lie I'm not too sure about. I know there are many factors, including preference, that determine what lie you should get, but I've never really put any thought into these specifications until now. I usually just buy a stick and if the curve looks alright I call it good. The Duchene pattern also has a lie of 5 but I have not seen that one in stores. I play defense and like to skate up a little. Any suggestions?

I tried the Datsyuk curve coming from the iginla. I actually liked the curve but couldn't get used to the rocker. Too much of the blade was on the ice when i was trying to shoot.

That said I've been using the iginla forever and I havent been able to get used to any curve aside from that one and clones.

Dont get caught up in the lie of the stick, all the manufacturers measure them slightly different so they vary company to company. In other words, dont look specifically for a lie 5 in another brand because it wont match the lie 5 in Warrior.

The Crosby is the closest curve to the Warrior Draper. They're almost identical and if you've been happy with the Draper, you should have no problem using the RBK Crosby.

P87A type curves are the most popular patterns, with P40 type curves being the second most popular. I can't tell you what is right or wrong, but if you give us some info on what your are looking to do (Dangling, shooting, slapshots, trying to keep shots high/low, etc) I am sure we would be able to point you in the "right" direction :]

As for stick lies, jsykes hit it on the head.

P87A type curves are the most popular patterns, with P40 type curves being the second most popular. I can't tell you what is right or wrong, but if you give us some info on what your are looking to do (Dangling, shooting, slapshots, trying to keep shots high/low, etc) I am sure we would be able to point you in the "right" direction :]

As for stick lies, jsykes hit it on the head.

Well I need to work on my shooting/slapshots a bit in general, but when I do get a good slapshot off they tend to be way too high. Overall I'm just looking for something that has an all-around feel to it, since I do like to skate up with the puck sometimes when I am on defense, but it's also crucial to have a good shot when you're on D as well. The Crosby curve (P87A) felt comfortable to me for the most part. The P40 curve (Perron curve after looking it up again) interests me now that you say that it is the second most popular. After what jsykes stated I'm probably not going to worry about the lie too much. I went up to one of the popular hockey shops around here (30 min away) and they didn't have any RibCors there, which I thought was kind of odd. They even had the curve pattern mat on the ground for the RibCor.

Well I need to work on my shooting/slapshots a bit in general, but when I do get a good slapshot off they tend to be way too high. Overall I'm just looking for something that has an all-around feel to it, since I do like to skate up with the puck sometimes when I am on defense, but it's also crucial to have a good shot when you're on D as well. The Crosby curve (P87A) felt comfortable to me for the most part. The P40 curve (Perron curve after looking it up again) interests me now that you say that it is the second most popular. After what jsykes stated I'm probably not going to worry about the lie too much. I went up to one of the popular hockey shops around here (30 min away) and they didn't have any RibCors there, which I thought was kind of odd. They even had the curve pattern mat on the ground for the RibCor.

peranis taylor??? if so, i have wondered why they have that mat, they dont even have the line there, and as far as i know, havent had it in at all lol. your better off going to total hockey in AA

peranis taylor??? if so, i have wondered why they have that mat, they dont even have the line there, and as far as i know, havent had it in at all lol. your better off going to total hockey in AA

Taylor doesn't have them either?! I went to Ann Arbor Perani's (in the Ice Cube). Even Play It Again Sports has 2 new RibCors but they don't have grip, which is what I'm looking for. Otherwise it would be $60 bucks cheaper. I'm an idiot for forgetting that they had a Total Hockey. Guess I'll head over there and check it out when I get the chance.

Call in advance. If they don't have the exact one your looking for they can move one over from one of the other stores